DIM problems: suggestions?
James_H
Posts: 1,117
in The Commons
DIM has started misbehaving. It reports donloading but shows no % on an item, then slips to 'Resume'.
I have tried logging in again, no change. I have tried closing and re-opening, no change.
After rebooting machine, some items downloaded and installed. Then back to 'Resume'.
I can log in fine. I can download directly from the product library.
Any ideas?

Comments
Have you looked at the log file to see if there was any error?
I've found DIM to be very slow recently, appearing to show zero progress. So I just leave it to it and move on to something else. Eventually, everything catches up, it seems to be working without the progress bars showing you it's working so I guess it's just a display sync issue.
Problem sorted: doofus had let the drive fill up!
I am having this problem with https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-hawk-eye-wildenlander-hd-for-genesis-9. I got a computer alert about low memory so I uninstalled a bunch of content I wasn't using, which enabled me to install some other new content. But this one still won't install. I had been warned the PA's products were often memory-heavy and I don't want to open a Tech Support ticket as those are very slow.
I have it.
The zip is 1.3 GB.
And installed 1.4 GB.
Wow, that is a lot. I may just return it, much as I hate to - it's lovely and I had it Wishlisted for so long. I got in a Quick Grab a couple weeks ago so a return won't cause problems with my coupon or Golden Ticket orders.
I have some other models and clothing by the PA, Luthbel, and I checked their file sizes. (I just realized those are on the product download pages!) They all are G9 outfits and characters I got last December as part of the Holiday Sale, and installed at least bundle. (My Order History says everything was free and I didn't use store credit so no wasted money.)
The other Luthbel items I own, mostly pre-G9 outfits, are much smaller files.
Note: I have nothing against the PA, I am still a big fan. It's just that until I get more storage, it seems I am going to have avoid their newer things, with much regret, and stick to their back catalog. Or start asking in the forums since AFAIK there's no way to see file sizes before buying.
You could keep it, and just mot download and install it, if you are considering to get a larger disk.