V3D Scene Tools (Commercial)

V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,492
edited September 29 in Daz PA Commercial Products

This thread is dedicated to any questions, issues or remarks on this project.

You can find it here: https://www.daz3d.com/v3d-scene-tools

NOTE : in the current vesion (29/09/2026): the Lock and Unlock cameras script work only down to 4.24.0.4 (and DS6 of course). I will fix this to make the compatibility "lower" (down to 4.9/4.10). The other scripts should be ok, but let me know if it is not the case. Submission of the update planned for the 10th of october, let me know in the meantime if anything else should be fixed too.

V3D Scene Tools is a collection of utility scripts designed to make scene management faster, clearer, and more flexible. Restore render settings, protect cameras, create visible focus references, move figures or objects onto the camera axis, process elements by position, reorganize Instance Groups, and identify what is weighing down your scene.

Return to a clean render starting point: Loaded several scenes, presets, HDRIs, or lighting products and ended up with Environment or Tone Mapper settings that are difficult to untangle?

Restore the default Daz Studio Environment or Tone Mapper settings with one click, without affecting existing scene contents. This gives you a clean starting point without searching through every altered setting.

Protect your camera work: Finding the right framing takes time; accidentally moving the camera takes seconds. Smart Lock Cameras protects the selected camera, the active camera, or all scene cameras against accidental translation, rotation, or property changes, while keeping Visibility and Selectability available. Smart Unlock Cameras restores full access when needed.

Create visible camera focus references: A camera’s focal point is normally represented only by a numerical distance. Add a Focus Point creates a visible, selectable Null directly at the focal point of the selected or active camera. By default, it is not parented and is not assigned as a target, leaving you free to use it however you like. Use it to mark an area, target another camera, orbit around it, prepare depth-of-field adjustments, align elements, compare focal positions, or place objects at the focal point.

Center objects on the camera axis without losing your view: An object may be in the scene but completely outside the camera frame. Finding it and moving it into view can be tedious, especially in a heavy scene. Center Selected on Camera Axis moves selected nodes onto the optical axis of the selected or active camera. Place the selection at the focal point or preserve its original distance, use its origin or bounding-box center as the reference, and preserve its height so figures, furniture, vehicles, and props remain on the floor while centered horizontally.

Move only the selected node, include its children or parent hierarchy, or translate most of the scene around a reference while keeping lights and cameras in place. Nested selections are handled safely so parents and selected children are not moved twice. Figures remain intact: bones, fitted clothing, hair, and other followers stay with their figure, and a selected bone is never moved independently.

Use it to recover an off-screen object, place a character in front of a camera, center a prop without changing the framing, move a figure using a selected body part, or reposition an environment around the subject.

Process scene nodes according to their position: V3D Scene Tools includes Cut Plane, Cut Cube, and Cut Sphere helpers. Move, rotate, and scale them to define the area to process. A Cut Plane classifies nodes as In Front, Behind, or Crossing. Cut Cubes and Cut Spheres classify them as Inside, Outside, or Crossing. Cube and Sphere helpers can be scaled uniformly or non-uniformly to create box-shaped, elongated, flattened, spherical, or ellipsoidal areas.

Using the corresponding scripts, matching nodes can be hidden, shown, deleted, or assigned a Node Color in the Daz Studio 6 Scene pane. Instance Groups can be split and regrouped by position before matching instances are hidden or shown. Apply an operation to selected nodes or all eligible scene nodes. Lights can be included or left untouched, while figures can be processed as complete figures, ignored with their bones, or analyzed bone by bone.

These tools offer more flexibility than an Iray Section Plane because you can define multiple areas and decide exactly which nodes are affected in each one. Keep an emissive, reflective, or shadow-casting object active because it contributes to the render, while hiding other nodes, even in another area, because they obstruct your work or do not contribute to the final image.

For example, hide selected walls between a camera and an interior without clipping every intersected mesh, while keeping a shadow-casting roof, an emissive panel, or a reflective object active. A dedicated script aligns a selected Cut Plane perpendicular to the active camera, making it easy to process nodes in front of, behind, or across a camera-facing plane. You can also move, rotate, and scale any Cut Helper to match your exact needs.

Use these tools to reveal an interior, isolate a cave or forest clearing, hide everything outside a working area, identify objects crossing a boundary, prepare a cutaway, or clear space inside an instanced forest for a building or road.

A manager lets you hide, show, delete, or make all Cut Plane, Cut Cube, and Cut Sphere helpers unselectable at once, so they do not interfere with renders or scene selection.

Control and split large Instance Groups by area: Large forests, crowds, scattered props, and architectural environments often rely on Instance Groups, but sometimes you need to clear a specific area without affecting the instances elsewhere.

The Plane, Cube, and Sphere tools classify individual instances by origin, split them by position, and reorganize them into new Instance Groups. Create an empty area inside an instanced forest, hide instances behind a plane or outside a working zone, reveal only those inside a volume, or divide one group into visible and hidden sections.

After several splits, Fuse Compatible Instance Groups finds groups sharing the same target, copy mode, and visibility state, then consolidates each compatible set. This reduces Scene pane clutter while preserving groups requiring different settings.

Find the nodes making your scene heavy: A slow viewport or heavy scene does not always reveal which item is responsible. Filter Nodes by Weight identifies nodes by mesh or texture weight. Mesh Weight evaluates mesh faces; Texture Weight evaluates the number and dimensions of texture maps used by each node.

The script can prefix node labels so the Scene pane can be sorted alphabetically by weight. In Daz Studio 6, it can also apply a Node Color range from lighter to heavier items, using a linear scale closer to actual values or a percentile scale that uses the colors more broadly.

Renaming is available in Daz Studio 4 and 6 and fully reversible with Restore Original Node Labels. In Daz Studio 6, it is optional, so Node Colors can be used alone. The tool shows where the weight comes from so you can hide or replace an item, reduce its textures or subdivision, simplify the scene, or leave it unchanged.

Use it when navigation or render preparation becomes slow, you need to locate large texture sets, or you want to understand which props and figures contribute most to scene complexity.

Compatibility: V3D Scene Tools was designed for Daz Studio 4 and Daz Studio 6. Scene pane Node Color features are available only in supported versions of Daz Studio 6.

Whether you are working on a small portrait or an environment containing thousands of instances, V3D Scene Tools replaces repeated manual selection, searching, positioning, visibility changes, and scene organization with faster, flexible workflows.

Post edited by V3Digitimes on

Comments

  • ElorElor Posts: 4,186

    It's today's golden ticket :)

    https://www.daz3d.com/v3d-scene-tools

    It's not offered by this product, but is there a way to protect render / environment / tonemapping settings?

  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,492
    edited September 28
    Elor said:

    It's today's golden ticket :)

    https://www.daz3d.com/v3d-scene-tools

    It's not offered by this product, but is there a way to protect render / environment / tonemapping settings?

    I could write a locker for these two. Not complicated, the most complicated being to decide which properties deserve to remain free.
    Post edited by V3Digitimes on
  • V3Digitimes said:

    Elor said:

    It's today's golden ticket :)

    https://www.daz3d.com/v3d-scene-tools

    It's not offered by this product, but is there a way to protect render / environment / tonemapping settings?

    I could write a locker for these two. Not complicated, the most complicated being to decide which properties deserve to remain free.

    I second that, it is a very good suggestion.

    Purchased anyway. 

  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,492

    Thanks for the support. Well, imagine that I create a "locker" for environment / render / tonemapping. What specific properties should remain "unlocked" in your opinion? 

  • I'll have to play with it and think smiley

  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,492

    Let me know your conclusions!

  • LeanaLeana Posts: 13,585

    Looks like a set of useful tools, and for the price of a golden ticket item it's a no brainer.

  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,492

    Leana said:

    Looks like a set of useful tools, and for the price of a golden ticket item it's a no brainer. 

    Thanks for your support! 

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 10,952

    Excellent tools. Congratulations on the release.

     

  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,492

    Thanks a lot Artini!

  • MissLeahMissLeah Posts: 252

    laugh When I saw this thread yesterday, I thought of how useful these tools would be for me and prepared to purchase it as a debut new release. I was pleasantly surprised to see it as today's golden ticket instead! Instantly in the cart!

    I cannot tell you how many times I've moved my setup render camera when I didn't mean to. Now I'll be locking that down! smiley

    Thanks so much for this, V3Digitimes! heart

  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,492

    MissLeah said:

    laugh When I saw this thread yesterday, I thought of how useful these tools would be for me and prepared to purchase it as a debut new release. I was pleasantly surprised to see it as today's golden ticket instead! Instantly in the cart!

    I cannot tell you how many times I've moved my setup render camera when I didn't mean to. Now I'll be locking that down! smiley

    Thanks so much for this, V3Digitimes! heart

    "I cannot tell you how many times I've moved my setup render camera when I didn't mean to."....
    Oh!!! No need to tell... I can perfectly imagine... or rather... remember how many times it happened to me...
    Thanks for the nice words!  

  • CES3DCES3D Posts: 254

    These are incredibly useful tools. Thank you for releasing them!

    One of my friends also purchased these tools, but he is getting an error and cannot launch "V3DGT 03 Smart Lock Cameras" in his environment. His Daz Studio version is 4.24.0.3. The script runs perfectly fine on my 4.24.0.4, but when I tested it on my 4.24.0.3, I encountered the exact same error as he did.

    Could you please look into this?

    Screenshot 2026-09-29 150351.png
    645 x 282 - 65K
  • ElorElor Posts: 4,186

    MissLeah said:

    I cannot tell you how many times I've moved my setup render camera when I didn't mean to. Now I'll be locking that down! smiley

    It's also the reason I bought it: I was tempted a time or two to get bluejaunte's plugin offering the same functionnality, but it's Windows only and I still do a lot of scene building on my Mac.

    It also work on Spotlights but only if selected or if the viewport is set to them: the mass lock/unlock don't apply to them.

  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,492
    edited September 29

    CES3D said:

    These are incredibly useful tools. Thank you for releasing them!

    One of my friends also purchased these tools, but he is getting an error and cannot launch "V3DGT 03 Smart Lock Cameras" in his environment. His Daz Studio version is 4.24.0.3. The script runs perfectly fine on my 4.24.0.4, but when I tested it on my 4.24.0.3, I encountered the exact same error as he did.

    Could you please look into this?

    I just checked, and the issue is actually on my side.

    All the other scripts were encrypted to go down to Daz Studio 4.9/4.10, but Smart Lock Cameras and Smart Unlock Cameras somehow slipped through my usual checks and were encrypted compatible with a newer version (4.24.0.4).

    I can re-encrypt them targeting Daz Studio 4.9 as the compatiblity.

    If your friend is willing to test the corrected version before I submit the update, he can send me a PM and I'll send it to him. That way we can confirm that everything works properly on Daz Studio 4.24.0.3 before I submit the fix to Daz.

    Thanks for reporting this!

    Post edited by V3Digitimes on
  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,492

    Elor said:

    MissLeah said:

    I cannot tell you how many times I've moved my setup render camera when I didn't mean to. Now I'll be locking that down! smiley

    It's also the reason I bought it: I was tempted a time or two to get bluejaunte's plugin offering the same functionnality, but it's Windows only and I still do a lot of scene building on my Mac.

    It also work on Spotlights but only if selected or if the viewport is set to them: the mass lock/unlock don't apply to them.

    Lol, most of the time I still mass-lock everything, even when I know it's already locked... just because of past trauma! 

  • CES3DCES3D Posts: 254

    V3Digitimes said:

    CES3D said:

    These are incredibly useful tools. Thank you for releasing them!

    One of my friends also purchased these tools, but he is getting an error and cannot launch "V3DGT 03 Smart Lock Cameras" in his environment. His Daz Studio version is 4.24.0.3. The script runs perfectly fine on my 4.24.0.4, but when I tested it on my 4.24.0.3, I encountered the exact same error as he did.

    Could you please look into this?

    I just checked, and the issue is actually on my side.

    All the other scripts were encrypted to go down to Daz Studio 4.9/4.10, but Smart Lock Cameras and Smart Unlock Cameras somehow slipped through my usual checks and were encrypted compatible with a newer version (4.24.0.4).

    I can re-encrypt them targeting Daz Studio 4.9 as the compatiblity.

    If your friend is willing to test the corrected version before I submit the update, he can send me a PM and I'll send it to him. That way we can confirm that everything works properly on Daz Studio 4.24.0.3 before I submit the fix to Daz.

    Thanks for reporting this!

    Thanks for checking and for the kind offer!

    I let my friend know, but since he is completely new to the forum and PMs, he feels a bit anxious about using them. He said he’s more than happy to just wait for the official fix to be released. 

    We really appreciate your quick response!

     

  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,492

    CES3D said:

    V3Digitimes said:

    CES3D said:

    These are incredibly useful tools. Thank you for releasing them!

    One of my friends also purchased these tools, but he is getting an error and cannot launch "V3DGT 03 Smart Lock Cameras" in his environment. His Daz Studio version is 4.24.0.3. The script runs perfectly fine on my 4.24.0.4, but when I tested it on my 4.24.0.3, I encountered the exact same error as he did.

    Could you please look into this?

    I just checked, and the issue is actually on my side.

    All the other scripts were encrypted to go down to Daz Studio 4.9/4.10, but Smart Lock Cameras and Smart Unlock Cameras somehow slipped through my usual checks and were encrypted compatible with a newer version (4.24.0.4).

    I can re-encrypt them targeting Daz Studio 4.9 as the compatiblity.

    If your friend is willing to test the corrected version before I submit the update, he can send me a PM and I'll send it to him. That way we can confirm that everything works properly on Daz Studio 4.24.0.3 before I submit the fix to Daz.

    Thanks for reporting this!

    Thanks for checking and for the kind offer!

    I let my friend know, but since he is completely new to the forum and PMs, he feels a bit anxious about using them. He said he’s more than happy to just wait for the official fix to be released. 

    We really appreciate your quick response!

     

    No problem at all. My main concern is that people are happy with what they purchased and, most importantly, can actually use it!

    And I completely understand your friend not feeling comfortable with PMs yet. I wasn't especially familiar with forums either when I started. After a thousand messages or so, it becomes routine. XD

    Just one thing to keep in mind: official updates can take a while.

    I usually wait a couple of weeks before submitting an update, simply to avoid submitting one fix and then discovering another issue immediately afterward. Once submitted, the testing/release process itself can also take quite some time, sometimes around 1.5 to 2 months.

    So if at some point that feels too long for your friend, I can also send the two corrected files, Smart Lock Cameras and Smart Unlock Cameras, to you instead, and you can pass them along to him.

    He would only need to replace the two existing files with the corrected ones, and that should be it.

    So either way is perfectly fine with me.

     

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 10,952

    I am also using Daz Studio version is 4.24.0.3, because it still have support for 3Delight and export well to Unity.

    Hope for the update, as well.

     

  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,492

    I'll submit the update on the 10th. Waiting to see if anything else has an issue in the meantime.

  • jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 870

    @V3Digitimes,

    Thanks much for your useful script products (of which I have several) and your great customer support.  I look forward to using Scene Tools.

  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 10,172
    edited September 29

    V3Digitimes said:

    Thanks for the support. Well, imagine that I create a "locker" for environment / render / tonemapping. What specific properties should remain "unlocked" in your opinion? 

    I'd think all the environment / render / tonemapping properties should be locked, as one setting affects another. Perhaps a manual unlock should the user wants to make a change?

    Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
Sign In or Register to comment.