Bypassing bones limits

I'm creating some morphs from script and use DzNode.getYPosControl().setIsClamped(false) to bypass bones translation limits.

Everything works as expected, except that when I'm applying the morph on a freshly loaded figure, limits are still honored.

Unclamping doesn't seem to be part of the frozen properties of ERC freezer.

Is there a way to have unclamping embedded in my morphs or some alternatives (apart from manual settings) ?

Comments

  • Morph or pose? It sounds like the latter. If so then there is an option in Edit>Preferences>Content to control how poses that exceed limits are handled (by default you should be asked, but that can be turned off).

  • Mike3DMike3D Posts: 93

    Morph, not pose.

    Poses allow to bypass limits, I'm looking for the same behavior with morphs.

  • umblefuglyumblefugly Posts: 224
    edited October 4

    Mike3D said:

    Morph, not pose.

    Poses allow to bypass limits, I'm looking for the same behavior with morphs.

    Did you ever get this solved MikeD? If I understand right, I have a POC script/plugin I was working on which allowed access to the parameter/options for things like morphs/limits 

    Post edited by umblefugly on
  • Mike3DMike3D Posts: 93

    Thanks for dropping by umblefugly

    From the script/plugin side eveything is possible & works as expected (bones values exceeding limits are correctly written to file).

    The issue is that :

    - unlike poses, you can't turn limits off when applying a morph exceeding them

    - you can't ERC freeze clamping or custom limits

    Currently the only possible fixes I can see are :

    - running a simple script before applying the morphs, which is not convenient at all

    - creating a pose control that triggers the "turn limits off" (same issue)

    - running a simple script only once to definitively unclamp the bones in the figure duf file

  • umblefuglyumblefugly Posts: 224

    Mike3D said:

    Thanks for dropping by umblefugly

    From the script/plugin side eveything is possible & works as expected (bones values exceeding limits are correctly written to file).

    The issue is that :

    - unlike poses, you can't turn limits off when applying a morph exceeding them

    - you can't ERC freeze clamping or custom limits

    Currently the only possible fixes I can see are :

    - running a simple script before applying the morphs, which is not convenient at all

    - creating a pose control that triggers the "turn limits off" (same issue)

    - running a simple script only once to definitively unclamp the bones in the figure duf file

     Thanks, that clarifies it. I was initially thinking the out-of-range value itself wasn't persisting, but I understand now, the ERC value is saved correctly and the problem is that the driven bone is clamped when the morph evaluates. My POC can directly change the driven bone property's min/max and Use Limits state, so I can reproduce the manual workaround. I'm going to test whether I can take that a step further and associate those limit overrides with the morph/plugin side automatically rather than requiring a separate script. I'll share my findings if you are interested.

  • Mike3DMike3D Posts: 93

    Yes, I'm definitely interested in your experiments as I can't find a decent solution and was hoping for a "magical" parameter that I overlooked

Sign In or Register to comment.