There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 6

1…6061636566

Comments

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,397

    donniekeidic said:

    frankthetank is right though, there is no definitive way to browse all the male clothing for G9 the way there is for G8, G3, G2. Thats a pretty big deal for me because lots of times I just want to browse all the male content to get ideas. Also with your examples you're just seeing a subset of items that happen to have the words male suit, or male pants, etc. but you have no way to know whether that search is even picking up all the relevant content for your searches because maybe the PA didn't call them pants, maybe he called them slacks, jeans, loungewear, corduroys, sweats, etc. Maybe he didn't even use the term male, but instead used the term masculine or mens etc.  

    I was posting about counts, too. Search on the Daz store is awful. Be nice if they added a user maintained tagging system. We have the store perfectly searchable in a week or two.

  • Cam FoxCam Fox Posts: 493
    edited September 23

    AsuCafe said:

    I spent hours filtering items, then the code stopped working, and that's when I saw that tiny message: "discount excludes new, daz+".

    I have nothing to say, except for what I can't say.

    I recommend build a throwaway cart first with any group of items to test coupons, discounts, compatibility. Doesn't help for the times when Daz changes the offer partway, though. (Due to glitch sales, etc)

    Post edited by Cam Fox on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 2,805

    I'm very grateful for today's offer. For the price of a GT I'll likely use ($3.24 with tax), I got a lot of things. I was choosing DOs from the featured artist section (since they were discounted and they got the GT discount on top of that), and I did have 4 tokens to burn through. Which I'm actually happy about, because this way I used them on a "big" cart, but didn't accrue more tokens.

    Very generous. Thank you, Daz!

    Also, a separate shoutout to PAs who are updating their plugins to work in Daz 6 as well. In the past days, I saw updates from Martin J Frost and V3Digitimes in my DIM, and I'm sure there are others too. Thank you for making your products compatible for free.

  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 4,956

    I'm happy with what I got on this gift frenzy; and I get to try out Riversoft's shiny new night sky maker, too. Thanks Daz!

  • joanna said:

    I'm very grateful for today's offer. For the price of a GT I'll likely use ($3.24 with tax), I got a lot of things. I was choosing DOs from the featured artist section (since they were discounted and they got the GT discount on top of that), and I did have 4 tokens to burn through. Which I'm actually happy about, because this way I used them on a "big" cart, but didn't accrue more tokens.

    Very generous. Thank you, Daz!

    Also, a separate shoutout to PAs who are updating their plugins to work in Daz 6 as well. In the past days, I saw updates from Martin J Frost and V3Digitimes in my DIM, and I'm sure there are others too. Thank you for making your products compatible for free.

    I've got to remember to check the FA selection! I just went to thee Shop Now link & didn't see any discounted. But it it was very early & I didn't have much time before I had to leave for work. 

  • davesodaveso Posts: 8,329

    so you can have more than 1 item to use that free cash? $30 in my case.

  • davesodaveso Posts: 8,329

    and I'm getting mad at that lack of discount on the 2 new DAZ+ releases. I've posted on the reporting thread yesterday, nothing done yet. Why, after all this time, years, and now it doesn't work? This store is really hosed up, its always something, just wait a day. 

  • Good sale today. I bought a bunch of stuff.

  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 4,956

    daveso said:

    so you can have more than 1 item to use that free cash? $30 in my case.

    Yes 

  • daveso said:

    and I'm getting mad at that lack of discount on the 2 new DAZ+ releases. I've posted on the reporting thread yesterday, nothing done yet. Why, after all this time, years, and now it doesn't work? This store is really hosed up, its always something, just wait a day. 

    Fixed now.

  • davesodaveso Posts: 8,329

    Richard Haseltine said:

    daveso said:

    and I'm getting mad at that lack of discount on the 2 new DAZ+ releases. I've posted on the reporting thread yesterday, nothing done yet. Why, after all this time, years, and now it doesn't work? This store is really hosed up, its always something, just wait a day. 

    Fixed now.

    thanks. 

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 42,457
    edited September 25

    ,,.so does Riversoft Arts' TruSky Nights  only work in 4.24 and 6?

    [question moot]

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • rokkrrokkr Posts: 397

    The absence of any new Genesis 9 Core character this month made me speculate if Genesis 10 is on the way...

  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 6,518

    What good is a character bundle coupon with no new core figure?

  • ElorElor Posts: 4,193

    rokkr said:

    The absence of any new Genesis 9 Core character this month made me speculate if Genesis 10 is on the way...

    Last year, Bishop 9 was released at the end of August, like Isabella 9 this year, and Audrey 9, the following core figure, was released at the beginning of October.

    Same pattern in 2024 when Toshi 9 was released at the end of August followed by Vicky 9 at the beginning of October.

    No core figure during the PA month in 2023, instead, they released a bundle build around Luthbel Barbarian for Genesis 9.

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,964

    Elor said:

    rokkr said:

    The absence of any new Genesis 9 Core character this month made me speculate if Genesis 10 is on the way...

    Last year, Bishop 9 was released at the end of August, like Isabella 9 this year, and Audrey 9, the following core figure, was released at the beginning of October.

    Same pattern in 2024 when Toshi 9 was released at the end of August followed by Vicky 9 at the beginning of October.

    No core figure during the PA month in 2023, instead, they released a bundle build around Luthbel Barbarian for Genesis 9.

    It makes sense. During PA month you want to focus on... well... the PAs. Having a big DO release would detract. 

  • rokkrrokkr Posts: 397

    Elor said:

    rokkr said:

    The absence of any new Genesis 9 Core character this month made me speculate if Genesis 10 is on the way...

    Last year, Bishop 9 was released at the end of August, like Isabella 9 this year, and Audrey 9, the following core figure, was released at the beginning of October.

    Same pattern in 2024 when Toshi 9 was released at the end of August followed by Vicky 9 at the beginning of October.

    No core figure during the PA month in 2023, instead, they released a bundle build around Luthbel Barbarian for Genesis 9.

    Thanks. Didn't remember those details.

     

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,397

    SilverGirl said:

    Elor said:

    rokkr said:

    The absence of any new Genesis 9 Core character this month made me speculate if Genesis 10 is on the way...

    Last year, Bishop 9 was released at the end of August, like Isabella 9 this year, and Audrey 9, the following core figure, was released at the beginning of October.

    Same pattern in 2024 when Toshi 9 was released at the end of August followed by Vicky 9 at the beginning of October.

    No core figure during the PA month in 2023, instead, they released a bundle build around Luthbel Barbarian for Genesis 9.

    It makes sense. During PA month you want to focus on... well... the PAs. Having a big DO release would detract. 

    The only flaw with this theory is the Food Dudes today are a DO set.

    The real issue is Bastian was July 30. And Fem Cyberpunk was Aug 13. There was no end of month bundle in August and nothing all September. If the next character is 2nd week of Oct, that will be more than full 2 months without a new character.

  • ElorElor Posts: 4,193

    jmucchiello said:

    There was no end of month bundle in August [...]

    Isabella 9 was released at the end of August:

    https://docs.daz3d.com/public/read_me/index/117000_117999/117663/start

  • davesodaveso Posts: 8,329

    who knows, maybe the office bundle will show up in the Premier free bundle space. 

  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 13,653

    daveso said:

    who knows, maybe the office bundle will show up in the Premier free bundle space. 

    Not likely since the Office Bundle is not a DU and also not a character bundle. The Fast Food for Genesis 9 Character Bundle might however show up. 

  • davesodaveso Posts: 8,329

    Charlie Judge said:

    daveso said:

    who knows, maybe the office bundle will show up in the Premier free bundle space. 

    Not likely since the Office Bundle is not a DU and also not a character bundle. The Fast Food for Genesis 9 Character Bundle might however show up. 

    they did have the bovine for horse 3 as a free bundle for a bit. DO though. I just bought it yesterday at $6 with that free do money we were given. I needed a few cows in my fields.. and maybe a bull too.  

  • y3kmany3kman Posts: 898

    Since today's golden ticket, MSO Eve, is advertised as a teen/child character, does she come with censored body texture for modern sensibilities like what they did with MB Danniella?

  • rokkrrokkr Posts: 397

    jmucchiello said:

    SilverGirl said:

    Elor said:

    rokkr said:

    The absence of any new Genesis 9 Core character this month made me speculate if Genesis 10 is on the way...

    Last year, Bishop 9 was released at the end of August, like Isabella 9 this year, and Audrey 9, the following core figure, was released at the beginning of October.

    Same pattern in 2024 when Toshi 9 was released at the end of August followed by Vicky 9 at the beginning of October.

    No core figure during the PA month in 2023, instead, they released a bundle build around Luthbel Barbarian for Genesis 9.

    It makes sense. During PA month you want to focus on... well... the PAs. Having a big DO release would detract. 

    The only flaw with this theory is the Food Dudes today are a DO set.

    The real issue is Bastian was July 30. And Fem Cyberpunk was Aug 13. There was no end of month bundle in August and nothing all September. If the next character is 2nd week of Oct, that will be more than full 2 months without a new character.

    The real legal issue this month is that the coupon text is: "Choose a FREE character bundle from the Premier Character category - featuring a mix of past favorites and fresh new releases every month." Well... Where are this month's new releases? Only "past favorites..."

    B.t.w., the non-bundle sole-character Xiao 9 is still hanging in there... Since it's not a bundle, the product doesn't qualify and shouldn't be there.

     

     

  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,038

    y3kman said:

    Since today's golden ticket, MSO Eve, is advertised as a teen/child character, does she come with censored body texture for modern sensibilities like what they did with MB Danniella?

    What's Included and Features

    • MSO Eve HD for Genesis 9 Feminine: (.DUF)
      • Complete Apply/Remove
      • Complete Teen Apply/Remove
      • Body Apply/Remove
      • Body Teen Apply/Remove
      • Body HD Details Apply/Remove
      • Head Apply/Remove
      • Head Teen Apply/Remove
      • Head HD Details Apply/Remove
      • Nails Apply/Remove
      • Navel Apply/Remove
      • Nipples Apply/Remove
      • Fibermesh Eyebrows
    • Material Options:
      • 01 PBR Base MAT
      • 01 PBR Base MAT No Brows
      • 04 L.I.E Lip Colors + Remove + Glitter On/Off
      • 05 L.I.E Makeup + Remove + Glitter On/Off
      • 01 Eyelashes
      • 06 Eye Colors
      • 01 Normal On/Off
    • Textures Include:
      • 47 Textures for Bump, Displacement, Normal, Reflection, Specular, and Transparency Maps (4096 x 4096)

     

    Doesn't specify whether it applies to both characters or not though.

  • y3kmany3kman Posts: 898

    garrett_3d said:

    y3kman said:

    Since today's golden ticket, MSO Eve, is advertised as a teen/child character, does she come with censored body texture for modern sensibilities like what they did with MB Danniella?

    What's Included and Features

    • MSO Eve HD for Genesis 9 Feminine: (.DUF)
      • Complete Apply/Remove
      • Complete Teen Apply/Remove
      • Body Apply/Remove
      • Body Teen Apply/Remove
      • Body HD Details Apply/Remove
      • Head Apply/Remove
      • Head Teen Apply/Remove
      • Head HD Details Apply/Remove
      • Nails Apply/Remove
      • Navel Apply/Remove
      • Nipples Apply/Remove
      • Fibermesh Eyebrows
    • Material Options:
      • 01 PBR Base MAT
      • 01 PBR Base MAT No Brows
      • 04 L.I.E Lip Colors + Remove + Glitter On/Off
      • 05 L.I.E Makeup + Remove + Glitter On/Off
      • 01 Eyelashes
      • 06 Eye Colors
      • 01 Normal On/Off
    • Textures Include:
      • 47 Textures for Bump, Displacement, Normal, Reflection, Specular, and Transparency Maps (4096 x 4096)

     

    Doesn't specify whether it applies to both characters or not though.

    Daz and/or Magic Brush censored MB Danniella after release. The navel and nipple shaping presets were removed. The nipples on the body texture were also removed.
    I don't mind the removal of the presets since you can still use the sliders. The new body texture is just terrible decision, IMO.
    I'm just wondering if this would be Daz's policy for teen/child figures going forward. 

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,397

    MSO's character has teen and adult presets. MB's character didn't have separate presets. IIRC

  • y3kmany3kman Posts: 898

    jmucchiello said:

    MSO's character has teen and adult presets. MB's character didn't have separate presets. IIRC

    Mousso's characters still uses one body texture for both adult and teen morph, right? 

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,397

    y3kman said:

    jmucchiello said:

    MSO's character has teen and adult presets. MB's character didn't have separate presets. IIRC

    Mousso's characters still uses one body texture for both adult and teen morph, right? 

    No clue. I'm just pointing out the slim difference. I'm still considering returning MB Danniela over this BS.

  • TaozTaoz Posts: 10,370

    y3kman said:

    Daz and/or Magic Brush censored MB Danniella after release. The navel and nipple shaping presets were removed. The nipples on the body texture were also removed.
    I don't mind the removal of the presets since you can still use the sliders. The new body texture is just terrible decision, IMO.
    I'm just wondering if this would be Daz's policy for teen/child figures going forward. 

    Someone said they also removed clothing morphs, is that correct? 

Sign In or Register to comment.