MB Danniella HD for Genesis 9 Feminine update

MB Danniella HD for Genesis 9 Feminine | Daz 3D

Just curious. What goes into a product update? Did I get new materials or j8ust metadata stuff that I would never notice?

«1

Comments

  • felisfelis Posts: 6,578

    From readme: 

    • 2026-09-21 updated product to remove age-inappropriate materials and morph shapign preset

  • y3kmany3kman Posts: 899
    edited September 23

    dennisgray41 said:

    MB Danniella HD for Genesis 9 Feminine | Daz 3D

    Just curious. What goes into a product update? Did I get new materials or j8ust metadata stuff that I would never notice?

    Removed the shaping preset/DUF to add nipples.

    REMOVED THE NIPPLE ON THE TORSO MATERIAL!!!! Basically, making the texture unusable if you're going to use it with an adult female body nude render unless you want a Barbie figure.

    Do not downgrade unless you have a backup. I'm seriously thinking of refunding the bundle because of this change.

    1.jpg
    1279 x 669 - 167K
    Post edited by y3kman on
  • It would have been wise if the PA Magic Brush made two versions of the model a teen and an adult type.

    Also the products in the PA store product pages should specify if the character(s) have Anatomical Elements, this way it will be easy to avoid buying unusable characters.

  • y3kmany3kman Posts: 899

    Halcon Bluesky said:

    It would have been wise if the PA Magic Brush made two versions of the model a teen and an adult type.

    Also the products in the PA store product pages should specify if the character(s) have Anatomical Elements, this way it will be easy to avoid buying unusable characters.

    Missing gen textures is an easy problemto solve if you have a free genital UV. Just copy-paste the body surface to the anatomical element and change the UV set. 

  • ElorElor Posts: 4,198

    y3kman said:

    REMOVED THE NIPPLE ON THE TORSO MATERIAL!!!! Basically, making the texture unusable if you're going to use it with an adult female body nude render unless you want a Barbie figure.

    Why would you use a teenager girl skin on a adult woman for a nude render ?!?

    It's not like the store is devoid of skins suitable for nude renders of adult characters…

    Halcon Bluesky said:

    Also the products in the PA store product pages should specify if the character(s) have Anatomical Elements, this way it will be easy to avoid buying unusable characters.

    It is listed when such textures are included, including the gender for which the textures are supplied. Most of the time, it's only for the gender of the character, but Daz (and maybe some PAs) will provide textures for both genders (with, usually, two different chest textures).

    Exemples with Victoria 9 and Michael 9:

    https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-9-hd

    • Skin 01 Nipples Feminine
    • Skin 02 Nipples Feminine
    • Skin 01 Nipples Masculine
    • Skin 02 Nipples Masculine
    • Female Anatomical Elements
    • 02 Male Anatomical Elements Options

    https://www.daz3d.com/michael-9-hd

    • Skin Nipples Feminine
    • Skin Nipples Masculine
    • Female Anatomical Elements
    • 02 Male Anatomical Elements Options
  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,427

    This is in the updates again today. What are they removing today?

  • y3kmany3kman Posts: 899
    edited September 24

    jmucchiello said:

    This is in the updates again today. What are they removing today?

    They removed the navel shaping presets. This is downright laughable now. Daz needs to update the product page. The readme/changelog should also mention the changes to warn buyers.

    I just wish Magic Brush or someone at Daz warns people when they do product downgrades.
    I bought Kii'na a long time ago and it was completely changed. No official word was given but everyone knows it's due to copyright concerns.
    Bluejaunte's Gaia came with free a genital morph and Daz told him to remove it. Bluejaunte warned the buyers to make a backup before the downgrade happened.

    etc.

    On the other hand, actual product updates happen, too. A long, long time ago Bluejaunte's Misumi got a free new full body morph, Daz Original houses getting windows and doors to open, etc.

    Daz needs to be transparent about these changes since not everyone installs and check the items they buy immediately

    MB Danniella HD for Genesis 9 Feminine Daz 3D.png
    1897 x 914 - 169K
    Post edited by y3kman on
  • So you're telling me navels are now genitalia? I guess i've been doing it wrong all these years. Must be another one of those mandela effects.

  • What I don't get is why did they include the nipples and navel in the first place?  MB knew the character they were creating, they knew it would be percieved as underage, even if that wasn't the intention, and they knew DAZ would likely require they remove any "potentially offensive" elements.

    @donniekeidic - My biology lessons were a looooong time ago, I guess modern education now considers navels erogenous and inappropriate.

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,427

    I still want to know why navels are bad but heavy eye lines and ruby red lips sticks are just fine.

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,427

    donniekeidic said:

    So you're telling me navels are now genitalia? I guess i've been doing it wrong all these years. Must be another one of those mandela effects.

    Perhaps removing navel lint is a "thing".

  • donniekeidic said:

    So you're telling me navels are now genitalia? I guess i've been doing it wrong all these years. Must be another one of those mandela effects.

    Sounds painfull

  • nightwolf1982 said:

    What I don't get is why did they include the nipples and navel in the first place?  MB knew the character they were creating, they knew it would be percieved as underage, even if that wasn't the intention, and they knew DAZ would likely require they remove any "potentially offensive" elements.

    @donniekeidic - My biology lessons were a looooong time ago, I guess modern education now considers navels erogenous and inappropriate.

    I didn't get why they includede nipples, but no nails. I think MB just goofed.

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,427
    edited September 25

    Of course, they haven't fixed the store page yet.

     

    Untitled.png
    1669 x 185 - 52K
    Post edited by jmucchiello on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 10,001

    While I understand the whole issue here... there was a problem with a few products like this back in the days of Genesis 1... I'll just point out that there are LIE nipple texture add-ons included with many of the breast products sold over at Renderotica, and many work just fine applied to the body texture itself.  And, of course, one can also just do a "transplant" in photoshop from another character's or merchant resource texture, something I've done on occasion when something about the body texture is under-defined or is too far off IMO from the coloration of the rest of the head/body.   

  • TaozTaoz Posts: 10,371

    Cybersox said:

    While I understand the whole issue here... there was a problem with a few products like this back in the days of Genesis 1... I'll just point out that there are LIE nipple texture add-ons included with many of the breast products sold over at Renderotica, and many work just fine applied to the body texture itself.  And, of course, one can also just do a "transplant" in photoshop from another character's or merchant resource texture, something I've done on occasion when something about the body texture is under-defined or is too far off IMO from the coloration of the rest of the head/body.   

    DAZ has one too:  https://www.daz3d.com/li-stick-on-nipples-for-genesis-9-feminine

     

     

  • y3kman said:

    dennisgray41 said:

    MB Danniella HD for Genesis 9 Feminine | Daz 3D

    Just curious. What goes into a product update? Did I get new materials or j8ust metadata stuff that I would never notice?

    Removed the shaping preset/DUF to add nipples.

    REMOVED THE NIPPLE ON THE TORSO MATERIAL!!!! Basically, making the texture unusable if you're going to use it with an adult female body nude render unless you want a Barbie figure.

    Do not downgrade unless you have a backup. I'm seriously thinking of refunding the bundle because of this change.

    I stopped buying MB figures for awhile due to this sort of nonsense. But when I started getting good/great deals I went back to buying them because they look really good, even though they diminished the quality (or degree, perhaps is more accurate) of morphing available for the clothes. But this is simply a juvenile response. Though not their own, obviously. 

    As to a later question about why someone would use a youngish texture on an older figure, several answers come to mind 1) because it can be done. 2) because it is more esthetically pleasing? 3) because the customer chooses to, and it's up to them how to use the assets?

    Ultimately, these things can be looked upon as the adult version of Barbie dolls, for all intents and purposes - artistic vision and potential utilitarian purposes not withstanding, and frankly it's difficult to constrain imagination, if not futile and not a little pathetic. But then, that's how we got the fig leaf campaign of the early 1600's for instance, which simply demostrates the rhythmic nature of history and culture. 

     

    In any event, there are now available tools that should make altering skin textures much simpler for casual users, at least that's my hope. They're not tied to Daz directly, so they won't be able to control them, and will allow anyone who chooses to have access to technologies that might otherwise be locked behind paywalls or never be allowed to be available to the peons, or just never be incorporated into DS for whatever reason but should improve the QOL for DS users overall for those who embrace them. It's costing me money, and will no doubt cost me time to learn to use them, but some have already allowed me to actually use DS6, where before it failed to function on a system that a) ran the alpha/beta just fine and b) has the highest system specs available short of a Threadripper. So I'm ambivalent to this particular "update", though I appreciate the warning - it's one figure I've yet to buy and now I won't, knowing what I know. There's a saying "Sometimes, less is more." but sometimes, less is just less.

  • In my humble opinion, if you delete or downgrade something what you are already sold, you must give something in exchange, to not making customers angry. For example, if you consider the character as a child - give her free prop - doll for example or a teddy bear in exchange of censorship. Otherwise, you will lose the customer.

  • edited September 29

    Answering why people use skin, may be because most other characters (western, not asian) are tanish then MB (here is comparsion between MB Xaime and MSO Brigitte). I'm searching through the entire shop and can't find other characters with pale skin than made by MB. (Also i atached comparsion between Xaime and Daniella itsel, fun fact by curves Xaime are slghly older but Daniella is higher by default in DS)

    comparsion.png
    2560 x 1440 - 2M
    twomb.png
    2560 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by triniarin_3cc71d1a6a on
  • so I have a question if this product was censored to remove nipples and navel what does that mean for products that come with two versions of a character young and adult versions that include nipples and anatomical elements will they all be updated removing parts because of the young versions included? or will the adult versions be left intact and somehow the young versions edited

  • ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,875
    edited September 30

    according to his sales page Timothy comes with full antomical elements which I thought was odd

    https://www.daz3d.com/mso-timothy-hd-for-genesis-9

    MSO Timothy HD for Genesis 9 by: Mousso, 3D Models by Daz 3D

     

    image

     

     

    Image1timmothy stats.jpg
    1752 x 965 - 929K
    Post edited by ANGELREAPER1972 on
  • Exactly. You know "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others". I learned this 7 days after I was born.

  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,038

    ANGELREAPER1972 said:

    so I have a question if this product was censored to remove nipples and navel what does that mean for products that come with two versions of a character young and adult versions that include nipples and anatomical elements will they all be updated removing parts because of the young versions included? or will the adult versions be left intact and somehow the young versions edited

    They have different torso texture files. 

  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 2,411
    As if a child was in danger before but the child is safe now.
  • MoussoMousso Posts: 245

    ANGELREAPER1972 said:

    according to his sales page Timothy comes with full antomical elements which I thought was odd

    https://www.daz3d.com/mso-timothy-hd-for-genesis-9

    MSO Timothy HD for Genesis 9 by: Mousso, 3D Models by Daz 3D

     

    image

     

     

    Hi Angel. Long time no see :) 

    Yes I just got a message from Daz that Timothy is a kid and not allowed to have gens maps. Timothy started out as a grownup guy but he had such a baby face that I went with thre kid version but forgot to take out the bits and resave the skin presets. Sorry about that.

    So I have to take the preserts out and update the product.

  • y3kmany3kman Posts: 899

    Mousso said:

    ANGELREAPER1972 said:

    according to his sales page Timothy comes with full antomical elements which I thought was odd

    https://www.daz3d.com/mso-timothy-hd-for-genesis-9

    MSO Timothy HD for Genesis 9 by: Mousso, 3D Models by Daz 3D

     

    image

     

     

    Hi Angel. Long time no see :) 

    Yes I just got a message from Daz that Timothy is a kid and not allowed to have gens maps. Timothy started out as a grownup guy but he had such a baby face that I went with thre kid version but forgot to take out the bits and resave the skin presets. Sorry about that.

    So I have to take the preserts out and update the product.

    If Daz is forcing you to change the product, are you going to offer the original file(s) for download later?  

  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 3,294

    y3kman said:

    If Daz is forcing you to change the product, are you going to offer the original file(s) for download later?  

    Let's be honest, that would feel pretty inappropriate.

    If, for some reason, someone were already using this skin in a situation where it would be legitimate to be using those materials (if they had chosen to use the skin on an adult morph, say), then they have the potential to back up those files and continue to use them, but for anyone who doesn't already have those files, I assume the product description is going to get edited, so they shouldn't have any expectation that the character comes with that skin.

  • ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,875

    Mousso said:

    ANGELREAPER1972 said:

    according to his sales page Timothy comes with full antomical elements which I thought was odd

    https://www.daz3d.com/mso-timothy-hd-for-genesis-9

    MSO Timothy HD for Genesis 9 by: Mousso, 3D Models by Daz 3D

     

    image

     

     

    Hi Angel. Long time no see :) 

    Yes I just got a message from Daz that Timothy is a kid and not allowed to have gens maps. Timothy started out as a grownup guy but he had such a baby face that I went with thre kid version but forgot to take out the bits and resave the skin presets. Sorry about that.

    So I have to take the preserts out and update the product.

    very very long time yeah sorry he would've caused a lot of problems down under here. An adult version that looks adult of him would be good btw

  • edited October 2

    Well. i hope in my next book my characters will be 30+ (not 18-25), because age of MILFS is comingsmiley(more safe)
    And i think all next MB figures will be censored like TBleague 1\6 action figures now, so i think i need to move to sunkissed characterts too.

    Post edited by triniarin_3cc71d1a6a on
  • ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,875

    triniarin_3cc71d1a6a said:

    Well. i hope in my next book my characters will be 30+ (not 18-25), because age of MILFS is comingsmiley(more safe)
    And i think all next MB figures will be censored like TBleague 1\6 action figures now, so i think i need to move to sunkissed characterts too.

    Feng has a good selection of older ladies in fact everytime he or someone releases a lady in their 30s/-50s I buy them got good selection now and yes I use them in my pinup/revealing art older ladies deserve loving too 

This discussion has been closed.