Need College Dorm Building

phillipdoeblerphillipdoebler Posts: 10
edited September 13 in Product Suggestions

Need a College Dorm Building.

Sleek Modern Looking Building.

Have a walkway up to the building. Possibly parking lot to the left or right of the walkway or a road. Bushes and/or trees outside the building. Inside have a checkin desk with mail slots. at least 2 hallways 1 to the left and 1 to the right of the entrance. Stairs to go up to 2nd floor with hallways to the left and right again. Stairs to go up to 3rd floor with hallways to the left and right again. 3-4 doors on each side of the hallway. Hallways wide enough for 2-3 people to walk down. Stairs also need to be wide enough for 2 people. No dorm rooms needed. Just doors. Maybe dorm room numbers on each door start with 101 on floor one, 201 on floor 2, and 301 on floor 3. 

Thank you in advance if anyone makes this. I really appreciate it.

Post edited by phillipdoebler on

Comments

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,431

    I'll take one of these too. But I'll be shocked if this is ever a single product and not a huge kitbash.

  • I don't mind it either way. Just would like to see it made.

  • Well, I mean I need it made for my game I am making.

  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,038
    edited September 15

    There are plenty of college/university and corridor assets available. Shouldn't be too hard to kitbash something.

    Post edited by garrett_3d on
  • phillipdoeblerphillipdoebler Posts: 10
    edited September 15

    garrett_3d said:

    There are plenty of college/university and corridor assets available. Shouldn't be too hard to kitbash something.

     

    i got college ones, but I have not found any hallways ones or stair ones I could use. That is why I am asking for this. The only hallways I have found are old run down places, futuristic ones, and stuff made for stuff in the past like middle ages timeframe. I need something more modern and true to a college atmosphere.

    Post edited by phillipdoebler on
  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,038

    There are definitely such assets on the market, maybe on another site, but definitely available. I've seen them in various college based games.

  • garrett_3d said:

    There are definitely such assets on the market, maybe on another site, but definitely available. I've seen them in various college based games.

    If you see any hallways ones and stairs that look like dorm stairs, I will be happy to take a look, but I have not found any.

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,431

    I was on this quest for an apartment building for two years.

    I'm using Laticus Imagery's The Magic Rug construction kit for a dorm I'm slowly building.

    https://www.daz3d.com/li-the-magic-rug--construction--prefab-bundle-01

    Yes, it is expensive. And it doesn't go on sale a lot. And it has a learning curve. But after a few mistakes, I've found making rooms with functional doors is a breeze with it.

  • Firsbastion has a dorm room with hallway, and it has signage in the hallway which you can't really see in the promos. And he also has some nice staircases that are now at Rendo. Since you asked I believe it is ok to give the link:

    https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/168110/1stb-3-flights-of-stairs-poses. Depending on the type of college, I think these are some decent dorm style buildings for the exterior. 

  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,038

    donniekeidic said:

    I think these are some decent dorm style buildings for the exterior. 

    Considering that's not a massively old asset, I've steered clear of that because the promo images make it look like a really old asset. 

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 41,705
    edited September 30

    garrett_3d said:

    donniekeidic said:

    I think these are some decent dorm style buildings for the exterior. 

    Considering that's not a massively old asset, I've steered clear of that because the promo images make it look like a really old asset. 

     

    Release Date: 2025-01-02

     

    from Readme, how recent do you want?

    it does look like the architecture of the 1960's period it's representing 

    I don't own it but looked as surprised as PhilW not been doing DAZ Studio stuff until iray at least

    (former Carrara PA)

    but yeah, definitely not sleek modern

    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,038

    I'm sure it's a great asset, but my point is that the promos don't do it justice. The promos make it look like it's a really old asset. Whether that's down to lighting or textures, I can't say.

  • I’m just finishing off a modern American dorm room with a corridor 

    03_Left_Room02.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    05_All_Four_Layouts.png
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
Sign In or Register to comment.