Can't use Iray shaders on "bridged" objects from Hexagon in DAZ Studio

I can't use currently some shaders from my DAZ Studio Iray Library on objects that I have imported via the Hexagon bridge to Daz Studio. For example. I have used the Fur shaders (http://www.daz3d.com/leather-and-fur-iray-shaders) on a object from Hexagon and tried to render the object, but only the color has changed, there is no "fur" visible. If I use the shader on another object from my DAZ Library in the same scene the shader works on the other object.

I have tried this in DAZ Stidio 4.8 and 4.9 Beta with the same result. I'm sure it has worked all the time before. Has anyone an idea?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

There are two possibilities that come to mind.  The first is that you have done something in Hex to destroy the UV mapping.  This would include things like editing the mesh that removes or splits current edges, faces or vertices.

The other is that something done in Hex has messed up the material zones.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006

.obj files need to be uvmapped for shaders to work, in particular shaders that are using images. Depending upon the item, sometimes just slapping on any ol'  uvmap will work [i.e. planar]. Other times it would be best to unfold the map same as one would for regular texturing.

• Thanks for your answers, will check the UV mapping and try to make new ones.