Render in progress

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

What's goin on? Loads just finished one Iray conversion and just finishing off another and then I have 3 promo images to make.

Just remember to set up lights close to real world Lumen output and then increase Tone Mapping to suit outdoor night or interior. In daylight tone mapping you won't see the effect of the lights though if kept to real world settings.

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

Awesome ! your havin fun stayin busy with 3D. So my composition tutorial sits at the bottom of your list, Rofl !

Thanks for the light tip Pete, lighting is real tricky. Tone mapping is easy to use in Luxrender, still haven't figured out IRay version. What I like about Luxrender is color space adjustment, works really well with human skin surface. Still haven't figured out how to do on IRay.

Szark said:
    What's goin on? Loads just finished one Iray conversion and just finishing off another and then I have 3 promo images to make.

Just remember to set up lights close to real world Lumen output and then increase Tone Mapping to suit outdoor night or interior. In daylight tone mapping you won't see the effect of the lights though if kept to real world settings.

edited December 1969

LOL I intend to do a new image for composition when I get some time for myself. I have forgotten but yeah paid work comes first.

Tone Mapping is tone mapping no matter the software. If you know about SLR or DSLR cameras then you should be ok. If you don't Google it they are tons of sites that can help with that.

DS has some Gen 2 Iray mat presets included so they might help in that regard.

edited December 1969

Gotcha. Will look into info. .

Szark said:
    LOL I intend to do a new image for composition when I get some time for myself. I have forgotten but yeah paid work comes first.

Tone Mapping is tone mapping no matter the software. If you know about SLR or DSLR cameras then you should be ok. If you don't Google it they are tons of sites that can help with that.

DS has some Gen 2 Iray mat presets included so they might help in that regard.

• rastamanviberastamanvibe Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

WOW!, fantastic thread and some very cool renders, I like your realism portraits which will be my next step of my own renders.

Keep up the great work!!

edited December 1969

Awesome ! thanks friend. Really appreciate those that visit, provide feedback. Good luck and have fun with portrait realism.

WOW!, fantastic thread and some very cool renders, I like your realism portraits which will be my next step of my own renders.

Keep up the great work!!

Wow ! been awhile since I ventured to my thread, Lol !!!!  As usual, brainstorming on 3D,.  With first image, I tried rendering tears, which to date has been impossible.  Images rendered in Iray.       

3D 1000.jpg
    960 x 720 - 503K
    Vamp 1000.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 97K
    edited August 2015

The ring remake once again in Iray opposed to 3Delight.  I can never find clothes that conform properly, in non standing position.    

The ring.jpg
    960 x 960 - 568K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited November 2015

V4 on a bike, no V4 helmet available at the moment. 

V4 Bike ride .jpg
    1152 x 864 - 681K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited November 2015

Iray - Motorcycle smiley

Honda cbr.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 610K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on

V4 MDD Hannah

V4 Hanna Portrait.jpg
    800 x 1160 - 629K

you're coming on leaps and bounds AJ, some really nice work comimg on this threead.

HI Pete, thanks bud.  Learned alot from your tutorials/feedback and forum post smiley

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    awesomefb said:

Wow ! been awhile since I ventured to my thread, Lol !!!!  As usual, brainstorming on 3D,.  With first image, I tried rendering tears, which to date has been impossible.  Images rendered in Iray.       

Been surfing through your posts again and very pleased to see your lighting, and all the Surface exploration. Beautiful work! I'm thinking that woman is Marguerite but I'm not sure?

Hi Novica, thanks for compliment.  I've been exploring surface tab going on 2.5 years, has made a major difference in my 3D production.  Good guess, but character is Hanna by MDD, with some adjustments.   

This project was very challenging for me, working with glass/metal shaders.  I applied freebie chess set, into dream home table. 

Chess set.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 691K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    awesomefb said:

This project was very challenging for me, working with glass/metal shaders.  I applied freebie chess set, into dream home table. 

VERY nice! Glass is so tricky, and that looks good. 

Novica said:
    awesomefb said:

VERY nice! Glass is so tricky, and that looks good. 

Thanks very much Novica, your feedback alway's puts a smiley on my face.  Yeah, it was very tricky trying to get the chess set to blend with table.  I still have a few brain cells left, Lol !!!!  

Quick Titanic render using Iray world, no adjustments.  Titanic has probably 250 surface adjusments, no joke.  But rendered well, with no adjustments.   

RMS Titanic Forum.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 637K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

May I come aboard your Titanic awesomefb?

So real looking omg I just want to climb aboard.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    awesomefb said:

This looks fabulous!

May I come aboard your Titanic awesomefb?

So real looking omg I just want to climb aboard.

Certainly friend, theme will be queen of the world.  Thanks very much smiley

edited December 2015
    awesomefb said:

This looks fabulous!

Thanks a million Sonja smiley

Post edited by AJ2112 on

Replicating my drum kit using Rama prop, only my kit is gun metallic grey, can't seem to find right shader.  Not happy with lighting, will continue to experiment, tweak surfaces.  Think I still have some brain cells left, Rofl !!! 

Rama drums.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 534K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    awesomefb said:

Replicating my drum kit using Rama prop, only my kit is gun metallic grey, can't seem to find right shader.  Not happy with lighting, will continue to experiment, tweak surfaces.  Think I still have some brain cells left, Rofl !!! 

Look at carpaint shaders...a darker, metal flake grey would probably be a very close match.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    awesomefb said:

I think you did a great job on these Drums, but I think nice shaders would do them a world of good.

mjc1016 said:
    awesomefb said:

Look at carpaint shaders...a darker, metal flake grey would probably be a very close match.

Hi friend, thanks for input.  Although gun metallic grey refers to grey, color is green more then grey.  Here's a pic example.  I tweaked the color in surface tab, but didn't save the scene.  Now, can't remember which shader came close. 

Tama_granstar_2.jpg
    899 x 600 - 337K
    awesomefb said:

I think you did a great job on these Drums, but I think nice shaders would do them a world of good.

Thanks so much friend, yeah shader tweaking can be a challenge at times, but well worth the effort smiley

edited March 2016

Wow ! at one hour this render converged .28%, iteration 1096,  Learning/experimenting lights/materials.  Needs a lil more lighting.   . 

Modern living space .jpg
    1280 x 720 - 857K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on