Latest version of DS trouble

reserv888reserv888 Posts: 1,126

The new update for DS 4.9 made some weird things. I made the update an hour ago,

I have been working the last week on a scene with a G3 character wearing Gn2EndofSummer hair. Some problems now appear after the update.

1. The hair is no longer on her head, but a couple of "meters" beside her. I have checked older versions of my scene and it is same thing with all of them.

2. You can't refit the hair properly.

3. The hair prop is gone in the Content Library. I don't know if it is an error but under People/Genesis 2 Female/Hair the folder is named GnEndofSummerHair, not Gn2EndofSummerHair. (No, I have not installed them manually).
4. I have tried to unistall and reinstall the hair but it doesn't show up in the Content Library. (The materials does however.)

Any solutions?

Post edited by reserv888 on

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited November 2015

Yes I had same troubles, after I up-date new beta. It only happen about Auto-fit items, I think.

My case is, I grouped all wear set,  then the group are child of root Actor nodes.  then I change some clothing with Hide the item only.

I do not remember when It happend, but I found , auto-fitted items are all gone somewhere.

At first I tweaked parameter location of each items, but after all, I need to reset Actor pose , then re-fit items, with zero pose,

Or I needed to re-load items then auto-fit.   I did not know, it happen about new beta only, or it happen because I set wears as group, then

move, ungroup often,,  but only auto-fit items cause some problems.  I feel if I use Cr2 type Actor and CLothing, , or pp2 props,

(these file types are not DOSN file type, and  they are sotred in data/auto-adapted ,when save scene or subset,, I think)

same problems will  happen.

And I found another problem about auto-fit items, Before I remember, about auto-fit items which saved in the scene file,

I could save it as new-figure without problem. then it turn as new figure and can fit actor without auto-fit process.

but  When I try to save the auto-fit items as new figure, (saved in the scene )  , it can not work well.

I could save, but it seems lost weight map etc.  finally I need to  re-load the item, auto-fit agaiin, then save it as new figure.

Maybe scenes which saved with auto-fit items (or cr2 , pp2 etc) may cause some problem, If  I tweak the scene in current beta, I think.

(then I prefere not overwrite  scene which saved before,   in this  4.9.0.36  beta )

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited November 2015

I can confirm.. these auto-fitted items saved before,, seems change weight map.actually no-weight map anymore. then It can not follow Actor pose an. though I can re-set pose, about Actor and clothings, when I set pose for Actor, the items position never follow correctly. may need to re-load same items, and auto-fit again.

===============

pic1 and pic2    check auto-fitted items weight and pozing Actor, which saved as scene file by another version ( product or old beta) in current 4.9 beta. 4.9.0.36

pic3  check same auto-fitted items of same scene, in product ver .4.8.0.59

autofitproblem1.PNG
    999 x 818 - 459K
    autofitproblem2.PNG
    1172 x 818 - 392K
    autofitproblem3.PNG
    1026 x 460 - 395K
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    reserv888 said:

The new update for DS 4.9 made some weird things. I made the update an hour ago,

I have been working the last week on a scene with a G3 character wearing Gn2EndofSummer hair. Some problems now appear after the update.

1. The hair is no longer on her head, but a couple of "meters" beside her. I have checked older versions of my scene and it is same thing with all of them.

2. You can't refit the hair properly.

3. The hair prop is gone in the Content Library. I don't know if it is an error but under People/Genesis 2 Female/Hair the folder is named GnEndofSummerHair, not Gn2EndofSummerHair. (No, I have not installed them manually).
    4. I have tried to unistall and reinstall the hair but it doesn't show up in the Content Library. (The materials does however.)

Any solutions?

same here with boots

and cms is not working i think

stoping and starting it though

I test more , then auto-fitted items which use shut template seems only keep weight map. (but I only test with genesis clothing and genesis2female,

I do not know other template of some generation figure may work, but most of them not keep weight map correctly.. (hair, fullbody, glove, type none,

could not work )

change log discribe,,

• Fixed Auto-Fit and Transfer Utility to work with cloud content and multiple mapped directories

DAZ Studio : Incremented build number to 4.9.0.38

If the "bug" was  removed in 4.9.0.38 build already?

but We can not download 4.9.0.38.  and why daz release 4.9.0.36,,if they found the problem already.

• Why? Private testing... to verify the fix with a smaller group before impacting a larger group. Please read the FAQ on beta and build channels.

Why? Private testing... to verify the fix with a smaller group before impacting a larger group. Please read the FAQ on beta and build channels

Why DAZ can not release , simple bug fix version of this beta for user convenience? it cause bad impact for user. then the auto fit problem seems to be removed, in private build.(not released for user) But DAZ can just offer it as public new build. then try to fix another problem in a small group.
    edited November 2015

If DAZ hope user to be tester of beta, DAZ must better offer pibilic bug tracker which user can find easy, if the problem is already reported or not.

DAZ often request User , to send bug-report as suport ticket. without it DAZ can not find bug.

then I request DAZ to show user bug-report. without it I can not find bug which already reported or not.

why user need to send same bug report? and why user can not get other user report

to know which problem or bug are included in beta.

• Why? Private testing... to verify the fix with a smaller group before impacting a larger group. Please read the FAQ on beta and build channels

Why DAZ can not release , simple bug fix version of this beta for user convenience? it cause bad impact for user. then the auto fit problem seems to be removed, in private build.(not released for user) But DAZ can just offer it as public new build. then try to fix another problem in a small group.

As Cris replied to the original post, it's necessary to make sure the fix didn't break anything else. Releasing a mini-fix, even if it was possible, would make it very hard to keep track of all the different versions (current beta, current beta with hot fix 1, currentbeta with hot fix 2, current beta with hot fixes 1 and 2...).

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

If Richard say so,, I quit to complain ^^;