Installing Victoria 6 for use in Poser

vfxtodd_5d3a5547b4vfxtodd_5d3a5547b4 Posts: 25
edited November 2015 in Poser Discussion

I've downloaded and installed Victoria 6 and I can open her in DAZ Studio. Except that she shows as a blocky character. I haven't used DAZ Studio that often to know how to work with it.

Is there a way to install Victoria 6 in Poser and work with the model there?

EDIT: I noticed when opening Victoria 6 inside DAZ Studio 4.6, I get two errors:

The following files could not be found:

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Base/PBMNavel.dsf

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Genesis2Female.dsf

I used the Install Manager to download and install V6. But, I am still missing files. How do I correct this?

Post edited by DAZ_Rawb on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,956
    edited December 1969

You need to have Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials installed, Victoria 6 is a shape and so on for G2F. The base Genesis, Genesis 2 Female and Genesis 2 Male, as well as the Default lights and Shaders, are included with your downloads for DS and the DSON Importer (you don't need to install both, if you use the same content directory for Poser and DS).

• vfxtodd_5d3a5547b4vfxtodd_5d3a5547b4 Posts: 25
    edited July 2014

Ok. Now I've installed the other needed files. Except when I add a skin material for V6 I get this error:

/data/Age of Armour/Subsurface Shaders/AoA_Subsurface/AoA_Subsurface.dsf

I did a test render and it shows no skin texture at all. What skin material can I use for V6 that doesn't require any other installs?

Post edited by vfxtodd_5d3a5547b4 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You need to install "Default Lights and Shaders for DAZ Studio".

• vfxtodd_5d3a5547b4vfxtodd_5d3a5547b4 Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Turns out I just had to click in the viewport and everything updated. After changing a pose, I clicked in the viewport and the pose changed.

Now, is there a setting that enables me to see the texture colors without rendering?

• You need to have Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials installed, Victoria 6 is a shape and so on for G2F. The base Genesis, Genesis 2 Female and Genesis 2 Male, as well as the Default lights and Shaders, are included with your downloads for DS and the DSON Importer (you don't need to install both, if you use the same content directory for Poser and DS).

Hello! So where do I install the Genesis starter essentials? Do I have to have DS installed for V6 to work? I've already installed the DSON Importer but still V6 does not launch in Poser 10.

• No, you just need to install both halves of the Starter Essentials (which should be in your product Library and DIM from "purchasing" the DSON Importer) to your Poser content library - such as SmithMicro\Poser whichever Content if you accepted the deaults.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    edited November 2015

I simply installed the Poser Companion Files to the Studio Content folder, which contained the Starter Essentials and Genesis 1&2 content,  and added my Studio Content folder to the Poser  Library as an external runtime, and I can use the content in both programs.   Scroll down to the Poser 8,9 & 10 section here if you don't know how to add an external runtime folder...

https://support.smithmicro.com/customer/portal/articles/1982178-installing-poser-content-from-previous-poser-versions. ;

The DSON importer is to be installed to your Poser Program directory...

Post edited by WandW on