Carrara 8.1.1.12 32bit- Carrara 8.5 and syntheyes...

Orion_UkOrion_Uk Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi all :)

Is it only 8.5 that will import (Syncar) Syntheyes files? (GUI freezes with avi or wont decode the frame but PNG sequences work)..

I currently own Carrara 8 8.1.1.12 (32 Bit) and it wont seem to show the syncar file when I browse for it (so guessing my version wont support that file format!!!

I cant aford to upgrade to 8.5 for ages (willCarrara 8 8.1.1.12 (64 Bit) import syncar files?) Advice would be great as time is running out for my 8.5 Beta and I would love to use Syntheyes with Carrara Carrara 8 8.1.1.12 (32 Bit).

Thanks for reading ;)

Comments

• edited December 1969

Orion,
    Syntheyes import is supported in both 32bit and 64bit versions of Carrara but you may find it's only in the 'Pro' version, the current 8.5 beta is the Carrara 8 Pro 8.5 beta version which is why your able to play with it.

If you have the Standard version of Carrara 8.1 then upgrading to 8.1 PRO will fully enable Syntheyes support and you can probibly do it quite cheaply and leave the 8.5 upgrade till some time in the future (after its out of course).

With ref to your .AVI crashing - It's highly likely this will be caused by the Codec which was used to compress the AVI, i've had it in the past, have you any idea what codec it is ?????

Regards
    Paul

• Orion_UkOrion_Uk Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

pscammp said:
    Orion,
    Syntheyes import is supported in both 32bit and 64bit versions of Carrara but you may find it's only in the 'Pro' version, the current 8.5 beta is the Carrara 8 Pro 8.5 beta version which is why your able to play with it.

If you have the Standard version of Carrara 8.1 then upgrading to 8.1 PRO will fully enable Syntheyes support and you can probibly do it quite cheaply and leave the 8.5 upgrade till some time in the future (after its out of course).

With ref to your .AVI crashing - It's highly likely this will be caused by the Codec which was used to compress the AVI, i've had it in the past, have you any idea what codec it is ?????

Regards
    Paul

Many thanks for the reply ;)

I was kinda thinking it was a pro only option :(
    It will be a while before I can aford to go pro as we are in the middle of a house move!
    Regarding the AVI problem, you was right it was a codec issue. While I rush to complete my project before the beta ends I will use PNG sequences (Syntheyes works better/faster with them anyway) ..

Much gratitude for your time and reply, Orion.

:)

• daz3d_9ff14f0c17daz3d_9ff14f0c17 Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

SynthEyes and Carrara (Pro) work very well together for me, also older versions of Carrara. I also like to comment on the AVI issue, I highly recommend PNG sequences for all your work, regardless of what you do. For SyntEyes, for Carrara renderings - regardless.
    There is a lot of fun combining real worlds and CGI worlds! I have an almost finished animation when I have used Syntheyes and Carra, I hope I will be able to finish it and post a link here :)
    -Ingvar

Post edited by daz3d_9ff14f0c17 on
  • edited December 1969

ingvarai,
    I will be looking forward to that, please do.

I'm also hoping in the not too distant future to do a video tut or two on the whole matchmoving thing with Carrara, there are lots of little tips & tricks i've learned along the way which help take the pain out of the process especially when a newbe gets hit in the face with it

:-)

edited December 1969

ingvarai said:
    SynthEyes and Carrara (Pro) work very well together for me, also older versions of Carrara. I also like to comment on the AVI issue, I highly recommend PNG sequences for all your work, regardless of what you do. For SyntEyes, for Carrara renderings - regardless.
    There is a lot of fun combining real worlds and CGI worlds! I have an almost finished animation when I have used Syntheyes and Carra, I hope I will be able to finish it and post a link here :)
    -Ingvar

Here here, I would like to see this too ;)

Thanks for the post :)

Sorry about the late reply! I have just got out of hospital for an operation, due back for another soon!

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583
    edited May 2012

Hi Orion,

Have you (or anyone else) experienced any limitations with the 8-bit/channel output from Carrara?

I think this might only be a limitation if you were using transparency or motion blur with several overlapping elements. I am curious if you have run into it, if there are any work arounds?

Post edited by cdordoni on
    edited May 2012

cdordoni said:
    Hi Orion,

Have you (or anyone else) experienced any limitations with the 8-bit/channel output from Carrara?

I think this might only be a limitation if you were using transparency or motion blur with several overlapping elements. I am curious if you have run into it, if there are any work arounds?

Hi cdordoni ;)

I am sorry but I would be of little help with your issue! I have only used Syntheyes a little and have not played around with it enough to know much about the issue you face :(

I hope someone else here is able to help you but you could check on the ssonitech (Syntheyes) forum?

Regards, Orion_uk

:)

Post edited by Orion_Uk on