FREEBIE CHALLENGE ----- November and MEMORIES ARE MADE OF THIS ----- MAIN THREAD

Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
edited November 2015 in Freebies

Memories are made of this

It is November.  A time of remembrance and reflection.  Happy Day Dreaming emoticon (Happy Emoticons)

Leftovers in their less visible form are called memories. Stored in the refrigerator of the mind and the cupboard of the heart. ~Thomas Fuller

emoticon of Happy MemoriesWhat would we find in the refrigerator of your mind and the cupboard of your heart?  

Freebie Challenge Rules

First Place: $15 store credit from DAZ3D
Second Place: $12 store credit from DAZ3D
Third Place: $8 store credit from DAZ3D

HM:  $5.00 Gift Certificate from Skywalker77

Any other donations for prizes thankfully accepted.

Contest ends 30th November 2015

Entries Thread

Post edited by Kismet2012 on

Comments

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

Oooooo!  A fresh new thread! cheeky

Great idea for a challenge!  I can't wait to see what the super imaginative folks around here are going to come up with!  

I'll sweeten the pot with $5 gift certificates for the HMs this month.  wink

• I'd love to enter, if I didn't have that irritating Eurythmics earworm stuck in my head every time I saw the thread title.  cool

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

You could refresh it with this one instead  

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188

Just want to remind everyone that when you submit your images to title them. It's much easier to have a title instead of us trying to guess one when we are trying to vote.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Oooooo!  A fresh new thread! cheeky

Great idea for a challenge!  I can't wait to see what the super imaginative folks around here are going to come up with!  

I'll sweeten the pot with $5 gift certificates for the HMs this month.  wink

Glad you found it Skywalker77.  Smile Emoticon

I have updated the prize list to include your generous donation.

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited November 2015

"Sweet dreams are made of this..." smiley

NAE

Cooking up some sweet memories.

This is a redo of a render from last January.

whats-cooking-1.jpg
    2000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by nitehawk_ltd on
  • Chohole said:

A Dean Martin lifesaver!  Thank you!

"Sweet dreams are made of this..." smiley

NAE

Cooking up some sweet memories.

This is a redo of a render from last January.

Nice one!  Is that a Gerwalk on the counter?  I used to be a big Macross fan among other things!  wink

edited November 2015
    Chohole said:

LOL!  I was half expecting a Eurythmics video satire... BIG difference!  wink

Post edited by Sky77 on

According to the Tooth Fairy in The Rise of the Guardians, memories are made of these.... 

EWWWW! image

cheeky

• CherubitCherubit Posts: 977

Oh wow! A new one already to cheer up my day!! laugh Sadly I will only start thinking about it later this week cause I have one exam soon cryingcryingcrying

I have to say i love that song from Eurythmics, it was my first thought when I saw the theme too! laugh

taemimun said:

Oh wow! A new one already to cheer up my day!! laugh Sadly I will only start thinking about it later this week cause I have one exam soon cryingcryingcrying

I have to say i love that song from Eurythmics, it was my first thought when I saw the theme too! laugh

Good luck on your exam!!  yes

taemimun said:

Good luck taemimun.

• Nice one!  Is that a Gerwalk on the counter?  I used to be a big Macross fan among other things!  wink

Yep it is, just a counter decoration.

• CherubitCherubit Posts: 977

Thank you, @Skywalker77 and @Kismet2012 heartheart

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063

I'd love to enter, if I didn't have that irritating Eurythmics earworm stuck in my head every time I saw the thread title.  cool

That's not memories, that's Sweet Dreams!  And they're made of these, not this.  Close, but...

Dana

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,647
    edited November 2015

This is the song I think Eustace Scrubb is refering to!!!

I also have a question about the contest: Can I use all freebies as I have not bought anything as of yet?

Yeah I know a newbie question but it has been a long time since I have been in daz forums and to be refreshed.

Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645

This is the song I think Eustace Scrubb is refering to!!!

I also have a question about the contest: Can I use all freebies as I have not bought anything as of yet?

Yeah I know a newbie question but it has been a long time since I have been in daz forums and to be refreshed.

There are no requirements for having bought items in your renders Saphirewild. In fact in the beginning, this contest had a requirement of no bought stuff at all. But there were so many wonderful add-ons being made that the rules were changed. That was before my time. Cho maybe remembers when the change over was done. Be my guess that she was one of the reasons for the need to allow paid fors. She has some beautiful texture sets.

edited November 2015

The very first Freebie challenge was all free items, including using a free App to make it in, ie DS.   That was back in January 2008    But Poser users got a wee bit miffed at being left out of the fun.  I think adding in the paid for character came when Daz started charging for the base figures.  Music of course is the real expert, as I wasn't involved form the very first, as I use Poser to prep stuff for Bryce.

I got involved a little bit later, when I was asked to provide a prize, and then it went from there.

Post edited by Chohole on

Thank you both Dollygirl and Chohle for the info on the all freebies.

I am off to get mine rendered now that I know I can use all freebies yay n stuff!!!

Hmmm... things are very quiet here... memories must be harder to make than I thought... or did I just forget?  cheeky

Forget what?  Download your free smiley

NAE

Memories can be anything really.  There is a story behind this image, but I call it the last Rose of Summer.

last rose of summer.jpg
    846 x 768 - 401K
    edited November 2015

Beautiful rose!  Reminds me of the roses that my dad used to plant all around the house!  

Funny how one person's image can trigger another's memories!  smiley

Post edited by Sky77 on
    edited November 2015

Forget what?  Download your free smiley

LOL!  Hmmm... if you don't remember remembering, did you really forget?   

Post edited by Sky77 on
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited November 2015

This is an NAE inspired by the theme, but I couldn't remember where all of the freebies came from, and the set's a store item, anyway.  I may re-render this later in a gallery-worthy size, 'cause I like how it came out.

It was also a fun challenge to get the firelight just right.

Expecting their first.jpg
    444 x 720 - 332K
    Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
    edited November 2015

Here is my first attempt at the freebie challenge rendered in 3Delight

Title: Waiting to go for a Ride On My Scooter

The memory is the scooter My Mother used to talk about riding around the neighbourhood with my father on his Scooter.

Clothing for both actors (Which is Genisess 2 male and female) is from Wilmap: https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=4

The Scooter is also from Wilmap: https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=4

The Animals and rodent and Spider are from MDC: http://www.most-digital-creations.com/

Scene also from MDC: http://www.most-digital-creations.com/

Waiting to go for a Ride on The Scooter.png
    600 x 600 - 706K
    Post edited by Saphirewild on

You are doing well Saphire, but you need a few more freebies for it to count.  You need a minimum of 10

Chohole said:

You are doing well Saphire, but you need a few more freebies for it to count.  You need a minimum of 10

It would help Saphirewild if you listed the individual items you used with their links.