Premier Membership FAQ (Questions Only Please)

1234568

Comments

  • kortingen said:

    I have premier membership now, because i wanted to buy a lot of items from the quick-grab. It states you get extra 60% discount if you're Daz+ or Premier member. But all the prices stayed the same for me after purchase of my premier account. Sure, some prices are already really good with discounts over 90% at the moment, but I feel like I bought the premier membership for nothing now.

    Does something go wrong, or did I just misunderstand how these discounts work?

    What prices are you seeing for those items?

  • How do I cancel Daz3d Premier?

    On this page https://www.daz3d.com/customer/account there is a button called "Membership Management" leading here https://www.daz3d.com/subscription/membership, but there is no cancel button there.

    How do I do it?

  • ElorElor Posts: 4,167
    edited October 2025

    You don't have a Cancel Membership green button?

    cancel.jpg
    431 x 271 - 23K
    Post edited by Elor on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

    kortingen said:

    I have premier membership now, because i wanted to buy a lot of items from the quick-grab. It states you get extra 60% discount if you're Daz+ or Premier member. But all the prices stayed the same for me after purchase of my premier account. Sure, some prices are already really good with discounts over 90% at the moment, but I feel like I bought the premier membership for nothing now.

    Does something go wrong, or did I just misunderstand how these discounts work?

    What prices are you seeing for those items?

    Never mind, it looks like the percentages were updated automatically in my tab were i was looking for comparison. When I log out the prices increase, so the membership prices work fine after all. Sorry for the confusion :)

  • Elor said:

    You don't have a Cancel Membership green button?

    If not there may be a button under Basic Membership to cancel and switch to that.

  • kortingen said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    kortingen said:

    I have premier membership now, because i wanted to buy a lot of items from the quick-grab. It states you get extra 60% discount if you're Daz+ or Premier member. But all the prices stayed the same for me after purchase of my premier account. Sure, some prices are already really good with discounts over 90% at the moment, but I feel like I bought the premier membership for nothing now.

    Does something go wrong, or did I just misunderstand how these discounts work?

    What prices are you seeing for those items?

    Never mind, it looks like the percentages were updated automatically in my tab were i was looking for comparison. When I log out the prices increase, so the membership prices work fine after all. Sorry for the confusion :)

    The page prices can be innaccurate - this morning I was getting prices a couple of tiers back from where I am, but the cart was right.

  • Elor said:

    You don't have a Cancel Membership green button?

    Thanks a bunch! I missed that one! 

  • DareshiranuDareshiranu Posts: 337

    I have a question. What is the value of a Premier account for an individual who is subscribed to Daz+ until the middle of 2030? Is there any concievable incentive to switch?

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,701

    Dareshiranu said:

    I have a question. What is the value of a Premier account for an individual who is subscribed to Daz+ until the middle of 2030? Is there any concievable incentive to switch?

    I think you would get a discount based on what you paid for the remaining membership - which would presumably be less than full price or you wouldn't have stacked up that many extra years. As for value, that dpeneds how much you would want/use the various features.

  • DareshiranuDareshiranu Posts: 337
    edited January 9

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Dareshiranu said:

    I have a question. What is the value of a Premier account for an individual who is subscribed to Daz+ until the middle of 2030? Is there any concievable incentive to switch?

    I think you would get a discount based on what you paid for the remaining membership - which would presumably be less than full price or you wouldn't have stacked up that many extra years. As for value, that dpeneds how much you would want/use the various features.

    Nay. You presume prematurely. You don't consider autobilling and synergization with PayPal. Or the insidious ways that it happened that cancelling payments didn't always work - especially when they happened concurrently and I was on annual or semi-annual billing. That doubling up, until I finally managed to figure out just what was going on, was how I managed to "pay it forward" so to speak. Unlike some people, who took advantage of special offers that I never noticed apparently, I paid full whack for my ride.

    Is there a list that explains/compares somewhat explicitly the various features by any chance? Or a calculator to allow me to determine if I find it useful to exchange my 4+ remaining years of Plus for whatever?

    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,701

    You could see if you get a discount if you start to upgrade tom premium - in your case I am not sure how it would work if, by the sound of it, your residual membership might be more than a year's worth of Permier. If you are interested it may be worth a Sales Support ticket.

    There is https://www.daz3d.com/memberships

  • FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,624

    Richard Haseltine said:

    You could see if you get a discount if you start to upgrade tom premium - in your case I am not sure how it would work if, by the sound of it, your residual membership might be more than a year's worth of Permier. If you are interested it may be worth a Sales Support ticket.

    There is https://www.daz3d.com/memberships

    regarding this, I had a Daz Plus Membership which was yearly and was scheduled to end on 10-6-2026. So for the heck of it I was curious what would happen if I tried to convert it to a monthly Premier Membership, so I clicked on change to monthly button on the membership page, and the change was immediate! It didn't even give me a chance to back out at that point. It immediately said "welcome to Premier" and my monthly Premier Membership is scheduled to end on 3-15-26 now. Kind of a shocker. 

    I was surprised at that, as I thought it would tell me what the conversion would be and give me a chance to decline before I committed. So just a word of caution to anyone considering this. You get no warning at all. It converts immediately.

    On one hand I would have had 8 more months of DazPlus. Now I have essentially 2 months of Premier. But whatever, I don't really care. In a way its ok, because I get $30 worth of Daz Originals, and 3 Premier Bundles this way. Whereas before I would have gotten 9 x $6 DAZ, so $54 worth of DO and no Premier Bundles. So it's kind of a wash I guess. I suppose I could open a ticket. But maybe its better this way so I can get away from Daz for a while and just render. 

    In any case, just a word of warning for anyone considering this.

  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,224

    hi!  i'm a new premiere member, and i'd like to download the character that's currently spotlighted in DIM.

    i'm not finding the Daz Connect directory where she should be, though.  (i may need to correct a path in my Preferences.)

    if you could clue me in to the correct path, i'd appreciate it.  is it the public one, or is it in my private Users folder?

    yt,

    j

  • jardine said:

    hi!  i'm a new premiere member, and i'd like to download the character that's currently spotlighted in DIM.

    i'm not finding the Daz Connect directory where she should be, though.  (i may need to correct a path in my Preferences.)

    if you could clue me in to the correct path, i'd appreciate it.  is it the public one, or is it in my private Users folder?

    yt,

    Try looking in the ''Available'' tab of your ''Smart content'' pane in the DAZ Studio interface

    j

    Premier Content.png
    799 x 1390 - 439K
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 13,572

    3DIO said:

    - Does the Annual Premier version of Daz Studio require an internet connection other than activation of the year of Daz Premier?

    You need to log in from DS from time to time so that it can check that your subscription is still active. But you don't need to have an active connection all the time. 

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,354

    Strandbased Hair editor is a separate tool from Geometry Sculptor (since Strand based hair is not geometry at all). I've never used the tool though. I assume if Premiere is enabled in DS, it will exist and be usable.

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,354

    Geometry Sculptor and Strand Based Hair Tool are two different things in Daz2026.

     

    Untitled2.png
    1402 x 466 - 135K
  • artsinis.sanartsinis.san Posts: 16

    In the current daily daz dealz there is 50% discount on annual memberships. My premier membership expires on 21st of June so I would like to renew while the offer lasts. How am I able to do that? I tried cancelling and resubscribing, but apparently I am locked out, because my membership is valid until 21st of June so I can't get to the payment page. It also shows that my membership will renew at $199.00/year.

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,354

    artsinis.san said:

    In the current daily daz dealz there is 50% discount on annual memberships. My premier membership expires on 21st of June so I would like to renew while the offer lasts. How am I able to do that? I tried cancelling and resubscribing, but apparently I am locked out, because my membership is valid until 21st of June so I can't get to the payment page. It also shows that my membership will renew at $199.00/year.

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/9548776/#Comment_9548776

    You might have to scroll back for additional context

  • rokkrrokkr Posts: 394

    jmucchiello said:

    artsinis.san said:

    In the current daily daz dealz there is 50% discount on annual memberships. My premier membership expires on 21st of June so I would like to renew while the offer lasts. How am I able to do that? I tried cancelling and resubscribing, but apparently I am locked out, because my membership is valid until 21st of June so I can't get to the payment page. It also shows that my membership will renew at $199.00/year.

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/9548776/#Comment_9548776

    You might have to scroll back for additional context

    So I can only renew if I'm in the last month? If I cancel, I lose everything? This seems crazy since I've already paid... Is there any reimbursement?

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,354

    rokkr said:

    jmucchiello said:

    artsinis.san said:

    In the current daily daz dealz there is 50% discount on annual memberships. My premier membership expires on 21st of June so I would like to renew while the offer lasts. How am I able to do that? I tried cancelling and resubscribing, but apparently I am locked out, because my membership is valid until 21st of June so I can't get to the payment page. It also shows that my membership will renew at $199.00/year.

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/9548776/#Comment_9548776

    You might have to scroll back for additional context

    So I can only renew if I'm in the last month? If I cancel, I lose everything? This seems crazy since I've already paid... Is there any reimbursement?

    You cannot extend your membership. It's extremely stupid. But if you put in a ticket they will say "sorry".

    So if you don't have much left on your membership, you can switch from annual to monthly to annual with minimal loses. And with a 50% discount, minimal loses are truly minimal compared to paying full price the day the membership ends and there's no sale at all.

  • LeanaLeana Posts: 13,572

    rokkr said:

    jmucchiello said:

    artsinis.san said:

    In the current daily daz dealz there is 50% discount on annual memberships. My premier membership expires on 21st of June so I would like to renew while the offer lasts. How am I able to do that? I tried cancelling and resubscribing, but apparently I am locked out, because my membership is valid until 21st of June so I can't get to the payment page. It also shows that my membership will renew at $199.00/year.

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/9548776/#Comment_9548776

    You might have to scroll back for additional context

    So I can only renew if I'm in the last month? If I cancel, I lose everything? This seems crazy since I've already paid... Is there any reimbursement?

    If you cancel your subscription your membership remains valid until your expiration date, it simply won't renew automatically once you reach said expiration date. So you have not lost anything.

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,701

    rokkr said:

    jmucchiello said:

    artsinis.san said:

    In the current daily daz dealz there is 50% discount on annual memberships. My premier membership expires on 21st of June so I would like to renew while the offer lasts. How am I able to do that? I tried cancelling and resubscribing, but apparently I am locked out, because my membership is valid until 21st of June so I can't get to the payment page. It also shows that my membership will renew at $199.00/year.

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/9548776/#Comment_9548776

    You might have to scroll back for additional context

    So I can only renew if I'm in the last month? If I cancel, I lose everything? This seems crazy since I've already paid... Is there any reimbursement?

    Your new membership will be discounted by the amount you paid for your remaining time on the existing membership.

  • rokkrrokkr Posts: 394

    Richard Haseltine said:

    rokkr said:

    jmucchiello said:

    artsinis.san said:

    In the current daily daz dealz there is 50% discount on annual memberships. My premier membership expires on 21st of June so I would like to renew while the offer lasts. How am I able to do that? I tried cancelling and resubscribing, but apparently I am locked out, because my membership is valid until 21st of June so I can't get to the payment page. It also shows that my membership will renew at $199.00/year.

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/9548776/#Comment_9548776

    You might have to scroll back for additional context

    So I can only renew if I'm in the last month? If I cancel, I lose everything? This seems crazy since I've already paid... Is there any reimbursement?

    Your new membership will be discounted by the amount you paid for your remaining time on the existing membership.

     

    Even if I cancel and, then, subscribe again? Like... I'm Premier, and I don't know how to get another year while still being subscribed... And there are no buttons to buy membership anymore... Only if you're not subscribed and, if you are, to change membership... (And cancel, of course...)

     

  • artsinis.sanartsinis.san Posts: 16

    jmucchiello said:

    artsinis.san said:

    In the current daily daz dealz there is 50% discount on annual memberships. My premier membership expires on 21st of June so I would like to renew while the offer lasts. How am I able to do that? I tried cancelling and resubscribing, but apparently I am locked out, because my membership is valid until 21st of June so I can't get to the payment page. It also shows that my membership will renew at $199.00/year.

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/9548776/#Comment_9548776

    You might have to scroll back for additional context

    Thanks, that worked. And sorry for not looking more throughly. I was searching for "discount" on the previous pages of this thread and didn't find anything so I assumed this hadn't been discussed yet.

    Seriously, I feel kidded about Daz overcharging for the change between annual and monthly and then annual again. Instead of paying $100 I paid over $106 AND got todays date for the next renewal (stealing around 3 weeks from the existing membership). I mean, it's still cheaper, but what the hell? Why make it so unfriendly for the costumer?

    Really, the more I think about it, the more I feel like this procedure is too complex und unfair for existing premium members. Daz should really change it and give a "renewal now" option for memberships lasting less than a year (which is basically every membership older than the current day) so that members can get an additional year while there's an offer.

    Sorry for rambling. Going to open a ticket now and let costumer support have a look at this.

  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,354

    artsinis.san said:

    Sorry for rambling. Going to open a ticket now and let costumer support have a look at this.

    I opened a ticket when there was a 25% sale in March. Support said they were sorry and there was nothing they could do about it. So, they know. Presumably whoever sets policy also knows. :shrug:

  • rokkrrokkr Posts: 394

    jmucchiello said:

    You cannot extend your membership. It's extremely stupid. But if you put in a ticket they will say "sorry".

    So if you don't have much left on your membership, you can switch from annual to monthly to annual with minimal loses. And with a 50% discount, minimal loses are truly minimal compared to paying full price the day the membership ends and there's no sale at all.

     

     

    Leana said:

    If you cancel your subscription your membership remains valid until your expiration date, it simply won't renew automatically once you reach said expiration date. So you have not lost anything.

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Your new membership will be discounted by the amount you paid for your remaining time on the existing membership.

    Well... Lemme see if I understood everything... I still have four months, and I didn't even pay full price, so, losing it would be out of question, but, since this is not gonna happen, then: I cancel; I'll still have my four months; subscribe again, it won't be a year and four months but, instead, I'll pay the proportional for a new yearly subscription, which, I guess, will be ~$66.33. Is it right?

     

  • WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 998
    edited June 6

    rokkr said:

    jmucchiello said:

    You cannot extend your membership. It's extremely stupid. But if you put in a ticket they will say "sorry".

    So if you don't have much left on your membership, you can switch from annual to monthly to annual with minimal loses. And with a 50% discount, minimal loses are truly minimal compared to paying full price the day the membership ends and there's no sale at all.

     

     

    Leana said:

    If you cancel your subscription your membership remains valid until your expiration date, it simply won't renew automatically once you reach said expiration date. So you have not lost anything.

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Your new membership will be discounted by the amount you paid for your remaining time on the existing membership.

    Well... Lemme see if I understood everything... I still have four months, and I didn't even pay full price, so, losing it would be out of question, but, since this is not gonna happen, then: I cancel; I'll still have my four months; subscribe again, it won't be a year and four months but, instead, I'll pay the proportional for a new yearly subscription, which, I guess, will be ~$66.33. Is it right?

    Since you still have over a month is likely you may not even get a chance at that as the system will see you are(were) in anual cicle already and just reset the autorenewall on expire date.

    I didn't want to try it myself, just in case something breaks; but in case you do it and i'm wrong, let us know as there are many people in the same boat having bought annual last october at 25% off.

    Post edited by Wolfwood on
  • jmucchiellojmucchiello Posts: 2,354

    Even if you cancel, the cancelation doesn't take effect until the end of your current month. So if your annual sub renews Sept 16, canceling today doesn't take effect until June 16 (or 17 never tried that).

    I posted my success with switching to monthly and then buying the annual. you lose the end of both subs. but if that's just days (11 in my case) 50% beats that easily.

Sign In or Register to comment.