How do you hide manipulators (Handles) for Alfaseed clothing when the clothes are autofitted to a Ge

edited April 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have been trying to use some of the newer Alfaseed clothing in Daz Studio 4.5 and fit it to Genesis. The Auto tool works wonders, but I can not figure out how to hide manipulators that are associated to the clothing. Is there a functionality I am missing in Daz studio 4.5. The hide functionality works for the clothing before it is autofitted to Genesis, but not afterwards. Any help would be appreciated. Alfaseeds clothing looks great on Genesis. I hope there is an easy work around.

Post edited by sanj2525_95d48351d5 on

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

my solution is to use the Polygon editor to set up a new material group and turn their opacity to zero. I LOATH handles...

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,811
    edited April 2013

Usually, handles are a separate material zone in the Surfaces tab. All you need to do is find that surface, and set opacity to 0%, and they become invisible.

With the Alfaseed "Fairyling" top, the handle material zone is called "Manipulator". I don't know if that's what it's called on any of their other products; the only other things of theirs I have are one hair and an outfit that doesn't need handles. I didn't have any problem hiding the handles after converting Fairyling.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • edited December 1969

Tools
    Polygon Group Editor
    Select item in Scene
    Polygon Selection - Select - Surfaces - Manipulator (Manipulators become Highlighted)
    Polygon VIsibility - Hide Selected (They Dissapear)

Big Giant Thank You!:-)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    my solution is to use the Polygon editor to set up a new material group and turn their opacity to zero. I LOATH handles...

Thanks for the help - and: I love handles!
    They make posing real fun.

• Hint:

Click on the triangle, go to Parameters, Scene View, set Visible to Off.

Then there you go!