Where are Hexagon Tutorials? The links are dead to me.

tdrdtdrd Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I want to learn how to create my own hair for the genesis and michael 4 models but have simply no idea where to begin.

I was told you had to use Hexagon so downloaded that.

Whenever I go to any tutorials listed in the docs.daz domain they all come up with bad internet connection - no idea why.

I KNOW i need to learn the basics of Hexagon before I can walk - but hey please give me some help guys.
There is no documentation with the installer so I need basic advice on how to use the interface first.

The buttons are nice and I accicentally pulled something out of the Genesis Head I opened in Hexagon so it looked like a spike embedded in the skull (not nice)

Please can someone give me some links to some solid tutorials using Hexagon so that I can learn how to use this very promising tool.

If I can use another product to generate short hair for the genesis model then pleas can someone give me a clue

Many thanks in advance for any feedback

Terry

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited September 2012

tdrd said:
    I want to learn how to create my own hair for the genesis and michael 4 models but have simply no idea where to begin.

I was told you had to use Hexagon so downloaded that.

Whenever I go to any tutorials listed in the docs.daz domain they all come up with bad internet connection - no idea why.

I KNOW i need to learn the basics of Hexagon before I can walk - but hey please give me some help guys.
    There is no documentation with the installer so I need basic advice on how to use the interface first.

The buttons are nice and I accicentally pulled something out of the Genesis Head I opened in Hexagon so it looked like a spike embedded in the skull (not nice)

Please can someone give me some links to some solid tutorials using Hexagon so that I can learn how to use this very promising tool.

If I can use another product to generate short hair for the genesis model then pleas can someone give me a clue

Many thanks in advance for any feedback

Terry

There is documentaion with the installer, it is in the Docs folder, and it is called HexagonManualUS_Web.pdf

There was also a link to a tutorial manual and downloadable video clips for the user manual, but I'm not sure if it is still available or not. There are loads of tutorials on the GeekAtPlay website as well. I will see if I can find you links.

Modelling hair is not a simple process, and I don't know of any tutorials for that specifically.

EDIT:

Geekatplay website Hex tuts : http://www.geekatplay.com/hexagontutorials/begining.php

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Googling "modelling hair in hexagon" gave a lot of links - try this www.art-collaborations.com/Valea_HexHair.pdf

• tdrdtdrd Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I eventually located the help manuals for Hexagon in the docs folder of the application, but whenever I click on a link to a video I get the same old error as before when searching for any documentation on Daz's site - a broken link.

For example the very first video link in the manual goes to a movie file...
    http://documentation.daz3d.com/hexagon/tutorials/data/interface_perso_dta.mov

Both in Internet Explorer and in Mozilla they say this cannot be found - the server does not exist.

Isn't it time that all the documentation and links from official documentation be there... it really lets the product down and I must say it is unprofessional. I used to write accountancy software and would never let a product go out with shoddy instructions and links.

Where can I find GOOD reliable and consistent help for Hexagon.
    Better still - where have the servers gone???
    Terry

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Those links are pretty old and were broken when the new site was put up. The videos were never of much use anyway.

If you look at the first post on this forum - there are enough links to tuts to keep you going a few years. Googling will find many more.

Enjoy!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Merged 2 threads in the same subject.

• hiker_1hiker_1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

you may want to check out the tute list in the sticky at the top of this forum....