Hexagon + 64 bits.

For those my friends who are having problems with 64-bit, Win7, Win8, Win10, with Hexagon. You should do this and Hexagon works fine. Apparently is problem with OpenGL. This is not a software, this that comes to your video card. Although, maybe you, like me, at the moment can not buy a new video card. Follow this, in Hexagon:

Edit / Preference editor / tab - 3D display / advanced / Change - Open GL optmization for: No optmization - Validate - and will work fine with 64 bits.

Comments

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247

Edit / Preference editor / tab - 3D display / advanced / Change - Open GL optmization for: No optmization - Validate - and will work fine with 64 bits.

Since I got my new computer with a 1 Gig Nvidea graphics card and 64 bit Win7, I have used Open GL optimisation VBO without any problems.  It is important to set the GC to let the application decide on optimisation.

• I'm like you Roygee, I have my OpenGL set to VBO. I only get problems when I try something stupid, the main thing you have to learn is what Hexagon does not like - Still learning that part :)

What graphics card did you get ? I'm looking into getting a new Nvidea myself, it has to play nice with Hex, DAZ Studio (Iray) and Reality.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247

Hi John :)

Mine is a GE Force GT610.  At the time I thought that 1Gig would be good enough for unbiased rendering, but sadly not - need at least 2Gigs to use GPU renderering effectively  Thankfully Blender uses either CPU or GPU for Cycles and that works just great for me.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006

My N card is an older model now, but after the updates last Feb. it has been playing much nicer with Hexagon. Now "crashes" are the predictable ones [like oopsies, can't do that!].