Did this product exist?

DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've been trying to find a product I vaguely remember being in the DAZ store, but can't find it. I'm not sure if I'm just not putting the right things into searches, the product used to be in the store but has been withdrawn/retired, or my memory is just muddled (it's certainly fuzzy enough these days) and actully no such thing ever existed here.

What my vague memory says is:

It's a robot or robotic machine, NOT humanoid, NOT with legs like a mecha, rather a R2D2-ish cylindrical dustbin like thing that patrols as a guard. I have a hazy impression of the name or description involving 'guard', 'guardian', 'security' or something like that.

It's NOT the PPU-T2000, or the R-Ex 2400 or the SRB 800. If it existed, my suspicion would be it was a Serrge item, maybe a PC 1.99 or weekly freebie (although I'm not certain about any of those things), and not at all recent ... several years ago.

Does anyone recognize what product I might be talking about? It's quite possible I even have it, but have never used it and am not searching my runtimes with the right search terms to find it either.

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

There is other products as well that I noticed are no longer sold on this site.

Daz Mill Dragon Tack - is no where to be found- I recommended it to a friend but we could not find it listed anywhere.

Particle FX with dragon fire. for Daz 3 and Poser - no longer is on the site. I had recommended it as a FX tool for to someone on YouTube who uses poser. no longer can be found.
    and I'm not talking about http://www.daz3d.com/shop/particles-3-pz either.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

3-d-c has a couple of droids/bots, in his Kazonica (?sp) set, some as freebies. It may be one of those?

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    3-d-c has a couple of droids/bots, in his Kazonica (?sp) set, some as freebies. It may be one of those?

No, it was definitely something here.

It may wel be that I can find something else at another site that will do the job. It may also well be - given my fuzzy memory - that this thing that was here, whatever it was, wouldn't actually be suitable for the purpose. But it's just driving me up the wall that I can't remember the name and the details of the thing that is/was here at DAZ. And as I say, I may well even have it in one of my runtimes somewhere, if I could only remember whaat it was called.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

maybe it was one of the antfarm bots?

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited September 2012

Yeah, Ant's bots are pretty famous.

They and some other promising-looking ones turn up in a ''Bot'' search. A couple of more for "droid".

"patrol" finds this ruther intimidating thing, but it's got legs and a lightbar (added textures take away the police paint). You could shrink it, if need be.

Daz Mill Dragon Tack - is no where to be found- I recommended it to a friend but we could not find it listed anywhere.

Mill Dragon Tack is in the first "vault" (Generation 1 & 2).

D-Bot was/is in a vault, but it's humanoid.

No "droid" vaulted. There's a PC $1.99 droid, but it's humanoid.

No "security" or "guard" or "patrol" or "watch" bots vaulted.

Daz's freebie site had these guys, but they're for Bryce. (Vac-bot and Trash-bot)

detail.jpg
    300 x 300 - 16K
    Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,543
    edited December 1969
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited September 2012

I thought there was something called the Centinal or something similar and one called the Guardian, but I can't find them in the shop, both PC items.

Post edited by scorpio on
    edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:
    Yeah, Ant's bots are pretty famous.

They and some other promising-looking ones turn up in a ''Bot'' search. A couple of more for "droid".

"patrol" finds this ruther intimidating thing, but it's got legs and a lightbar (added textures take away the police paint). You could shrink it, if need be.

Mill Dragon Tack is in the first "vault" (Generation 1 & 2).

Thanks that makes sense why we couldn't find it. Thanks for the info

edited December 1969

No, it's not any of those. Not anything that comes up now from searches on robot, bot, droid, Serrge, Predatron, Valandar or The Ant Farm. Which is why I'm thinking that it's something withdrawn from sale awhile ago. But I'd still like to know what it was.

• AndyBerlinAndyBerlin Posts: 73
    edited September 2012

Maybe one of those discontinued robots?
    Robot - ps_ch025 - item=244
    The Centurion - ps_ac614 - item=1763

Or the still available CS ButtleBot3000?

Edited to add the BDR 11.

image_medium.jpg
    350 x 424 - 44K
    image_medium.jpg
    300 x 390 - 29K
    Post edited by AndyBerlin on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I think I know what you're talking about. It was free for a very short time and then pulled for reasons not to be discussed.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Particle FX with dragon fire. for Daz 3 and Poser - no longer is on the site. I had recommended it as a FX tool for to someone on YouTube who uses poser. no longer can be found.

ParticleFX for DS4.5 is on the way. Just be a little more patient.

Kendall

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Draw us a picture of what it roughly looked like..

edited December 1969

check your PMs.

edited December 1969

ParticleFX for DS4.5 is on the way. Just be a little more patient.

Kendall

good info to know thanks Kendall :)

edited September 2012

For those wondering the model the OP was looking for is clockworkFamiliar.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

Oooooh, now that sounds neat. Post a piccy?

edited December 1969

check your PMs.

Thanks. I'm on UK time, and the PM was after I'd stopped with the computer for the night yesterday.

Unfortunately it's not the whatever-I'm-remembering.

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

No it isn't. Quite definitely not.

The thing I'm trying to recall is nothing like as humanoid as many of the suggestions. No vaguely humanoid arrangement of legs and arms, whatever is in the middle.

My recollection is that the product description described it as a mobile guard/security/sentry unit, with sensors to detect intruders as it patrols and at least a means of stunning them .... can't recall if it had a lethal force option or not. The very fuzzy image in my brain is of something cylindrical - or possibly cuboid - much taller than it is wide with maybe a hemispherical top ... think R2D2 minus the leg bits on the sides and stretched vertically, maybe. Not in the slightest anthropomorphised. Anything that looks like it has arms, legs and a face isn't it. Anything that looks like a combat walker or mech isn't it either.

edited September 2012

LOL For some reason I thought Patience55 was looking for the model name when I got the PM . Sorry DavidGB. Woohoo the search goes on.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

Really, could you make a drawing? Even if it is crude or done in crayon on a napkin... I think it might help.

edited December 1969

Or go down to the police station and get one of those sketch artists to do it. That would be cool actually lol.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Zev0 said:

Oooooh, now that sounds neat. Post a piccy?

not a good idea ... check your PM

edited December 1969

Well, if we never guess it at least we're going to have a nice long list of robots lol!

Any chance the idea is from any movies or television series?

There was a hovering sphere model [somewhere] that had little circles on it to shoot lasers from.

btw - in asking for pictures quite often in this forum if the item doesn't exist chances are pretty good somebody might make one ;-)

• Staffa24Staffa24 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Could it be that you are thinking about a Dalek from the TV series "Dr Who" ?

If so, there are several at ShareCG, here's one : http://www.sharecg.com/v/25328/browse/5/3D-Model/Metaltron