Accidentally closed render window!!!

PLEASE tell me, like poser, there is a way for me to retrieve a render after the render window was closed?

I woke this morning, saw it had rendered fine and in my daftness closed it instead of saving it...is there ANY WAY to get it back? I tired the "render editor"Button but the render I did over night is not in there....

Comments

• Yes, you go to the File Menu and choose "Save Last Render...".  It's a life saver! 

• Cayman said:

Yes, you go to the File Menu and choose "Save Last Render...".  It's a life saver! 

THANK YOU!! I was dreading running that all night again :P

• It is prob hiding in app data roaming or somewhere too

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845

It is prob hiding in app data roaming or somewhere too

I believe it will only be in the temp folder if the person actually hit cancel.

In Windows it is located at:

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp

• AtenaisAtenais Posts: 1

Yes, you go to the File Menu and choose "Save Last Render...".  It's a life saver! 

Yay! You just saved 36 hours of rendering for me :)

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325

Atenais said:

See this is why Daz NEEDS a manual.  I didn't know anything about the "Save Last Render" option. I've lost countless hours rerendering stuff because of accidentally closing a finished render.

• Luckier than me. I closed Daz's main window. Temp data gone. : ( And she was SOOOOOO pretty, too!

•  

Atenais said:

See this is why Daz NEEDS a manual.  I didn't know anything about the "Save Last Render" option. I've lost countless hours rerendering stuff because of accidentally closing a finished render.

Agreed and ditto! smiley

• Yes, you go to the File Menu and choose "Save Last Render...".  It's a life saver! 

Thanks, I didn't know this either. I have also lost countless renders because of accidentally closing the window.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

They really need an option ot save renders automatically.

• They really need an option ot save renders automatically.

Window>Panes(Tabs)>Render Album, you set the maximum size and nmber it will save in the option menu (the lined button in the top corner, or right-click the tab). You can right-click on a thumbnail to actually save, otherwise they will be cleared on the next shutdown or restart - if you need to recover one after a crash it will be in the temp folder, in \RenderAlbumTmp. The main drawback is that they are jpgs, so you don't get and alpha channel.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724

They really need an option ot save renders automatically.

This one was mentioned it another thread:

http://www.filehamster.com/

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Atenais said:

Whilst I might be tempted to agree, I have to ask: how much are you prepared to pay for it? How much are you prepared to pay for its upkeep. The software is free; this 'free' comes with a cost.

And the forums are an excellent source of information.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724

There is this one, but I hardly ever use it so I don't know how much/often it's being updated.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/start