V4 and M4 Morphs in Poser

Since V4 and M4 are in Poser format, I presume their morph packages are easily read by Poser as well.

So can you apply V4/M4 morphs directly to their base figures in Poser... or do you add them in an outside program (such as Studio) and then export the new figures into Poser?

I'd also like to know if V4/M4 are compatible with Poser's Face Room.

Comments

• The Face Room, as far as I know, requires special definition files and no, V4 and M4 don't have those.

In general, yes, you can add new morphs in Poser - by importing the OBJ file for the morph and saving, but that will break the ability to add new channels using the ExP system. If you don't mind hacking you could either create a .pmd file for the new morphs and code a PZ2 to load it, or you could create new ExP files by hand coding or by using DAZ Studio's ExP Export.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771

Are you talking about the morph mackages, such as Morphs++, or other character morphs? 

When the former are installed, they are available to dial in when you load a new V4/M4.  If it is a character morph, you apply the injection pose to a loaded figure. 

• The Face Room, as far as I know, requires special definition files and no, V4 and M4 don't have those.

In general, yes, you can add new morphs in Poser - by importing the OBJ file for the morph and saving, but that will break the ability to add new channels using the ExP system. If you don't mind hacking you could either create a .pmd file for the new morphs and code a PZ2 to load it, or you could create new ExP files by hand coding or by using DAZ Studio's ExP Export.

See the sections in bold face?  That's where you lost me. blush

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

One of the limitations of the 3rd generaion figures was that they had a finite number of morph channels -- to squeeze in more morphs that that you needed a new .cr2.  For the 4th generation figures, Daz3D created the ExP system.  When you add a morph pack for 4th generation figures, you (either manually or by installing with DIM) run a batch file which runs through all the morphs and creates the files for the .cr2 to read, so there's no limit on the number of morphs and no need for morphs to use shared channels.  Daz Studio has an ExP exporter to create ExP files for a morph, but Poser does not, so you would need to create them manually.

• Thanks.  All is crystal clear now. 

So, in theory, M4/V4th are 100% compatible with Poser, yet in reality that's not always the case.

• M4 and V4 are compatible with Poser as long as they are correctly isntalled, so that the updater can create the morph list to be read by Poser on loading.