The Lemonade Stand Contest: A Comedy of Errors! (Congrats Winners!)

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

Sorry.

Dana

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited August 2012

Big congratulations to Fille123 on the well-deserved win! And also congratulations to all my fellow honorees. I had a lot of fun making my entries for this contest and seeing everyone else's work. In terms of comedic value, I think "Wait! You forgot the tape and wire!" by Ippotamus was my personal favorite (a little February-2012-join-date solidarity ;-) ), but there were so many good ones.

I also want to say thank you to all the PAs who sponsored the contest and generously offered up their products as prizes. The levity of this contest was definitely appreciated. And I agree 100% with what bohemian3 said earlier: "Thank you all for the great work you do…. Suddenly this guy who can’t draw to save his life can create some reasonably decent graphics - that’s a special gift you give to people like myself." To the extent that I can afford it, I'll gladly continue to support your work.

I just realized that I misspelled "impostor" in my entry, and the spell-check didn't catch it, because apparently "imposter" is also a word...oh well... :red:

Edit: there, that's better! :-P

impostors.jpg
    800 x 800 - 554K
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

Big congratulations to Fille123 on the well-deserved win! And also congratulations to all my fellow honorees. I had a lot of fun making my entries for this contest and seeing everyone else's work. In terms of comedic value, I think "Wait! You forgot the tape and wire!" by Ippotamus was my personal favorite (a little February-2012-join-date solidarity ;-) ), but there were so many good ones.

I also want to say thank you to all the PAs who sponsored the contest and generously offered up their products as prizes. The levity of this contest was definitely appreciated. And I agree 100% with what bohemian3 said earlier: "Thank you all for the great work you do…. Suddenly this guy who can’t draw to save his life can create some reasonably decent graphics - that’s a special gift you give to people like myself." To the extent that I can afford it, I'll gladly continue to support your work.

I just realized that I misspelled "impostor" in my entry, and the spell-check didn't catch it, because apparently "imposter" is also a word...oh well... :red:

Thanks Scott-Livingston,

Has it only been that long?
    It feels much longer... much ... much ... much longer.

It was an interesting time to join, I'll give it that much. :)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,493
    edited December 1969

Big congratulations to Fille123 on the well-deserved win! And also congratulations to all my fellow honorees.
    "Thank you all for the great work you do…. Suddenly this guy who can’t draw to save his life can create some reasonably decent graphics - that’s a special gift you give to people like myself." To the extent that I can afford it, I'll gladly continue to support your work.

I agree, great work, and being called "Artistically impaired" in grammer-school by my teacher in "art" as it was called back then, and now being able to create great pictures give me the feeling of someone being blind and suddenly can see, or someone lame that suddenly can walk, it's just impossible to describe the feeling, so great job all PAs!
  • Fille123Fille123 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Ooooh how cool! :lol: Thank you, thank you! A special thanks to MAB for organizing this... it was really fun both to participate and view the entries (I didn't comment, but did lurk around). :-) Congrats to everyone who entered, too!

• edited December 1969

Congratulations to Fille123 -- that was a great entry -- and to all my fellow honorees! And thank you MAB for this clever contest -- it gave many of us a good giggle and lightened the mood around here. And thanks to the PAs for all the great products you provide.

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Congrats, Fille123! :lol: And everybody else!
    Some really cute LoL scenes in here.

And thanks for the thread, too, MAB & PAs. It was a hoot! :-P

• MABMAB Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

Oh, by the way, Joequick is on his honeymoon, I believe. Congrats Joequick! Anyways, he'll take care of his winners when he gets back.

edited December 1969

Ah the weekend, yay.
    I was just wondering if anybody got their prizes yet?
    I know the lovely PAs contacted us and then put in the word to DAZ.

Do we need more lemons?

:)

edited December 1969

I got my Slipperz ;-)

• edited August 2012

Ippotamus said:
    Ah the weekend, yay.
    I was just wondering if anybody got their prizes yet?
    I know the lovely PAs contacted us and then put in the word to DAZ.

Do we need more lemons?

I think the PAs need some time to contact their favorites and distribute prizes. I think Daz is having a problem with connecting a forum name with a store name.

Post edited by nieman151_516f901a4a on
    edited December 1969

I've gotten one out of two, and the other PA has been in contact and is working on a way of getting the prize to me. Sounds like maybe they are trying to get the prizes added to our accounts, which would be nice. The one I did receive was set up as a direct download by the PA.

(And congratulations on your wedding, Joequick!)

edited December 1969

So we only need one box of lemons is what you're saying?

No problems, I had/have not received anything so I wanted to make sure there was no big disconnected limbo between the lovely PAs, DAZ, me and the Universe as we know it. ;)

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    edited August 2012

Typically, on contests like these, DAZ prefers a compiled list of the winners, with the prize choices, store links, and winners emails, to be sent in on one big form. As you can imagine, it can take a bit of time to organize the whole thing, and get the DAZ boys to automagically put the prizes in your accounts. Have patience and fret not. I know everyone must be itching to play with their new goodies.

I never put in an offical "congrats" to the winners, so I will do that now.

Congrats Fille123. Your picture is very cool. Congrats to all the honorable mentions. I know there were so many funny and creative entries that there were a lot of hard choices to be made.

Thanks everyone who put up pictures.
    cheers!

Post edited by DestinysGarden on
  • MABMAB Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

Yes, everything DestinysGarden said, ditto from me, as the one gathering all that info for DAZ. lol

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    edited December 1969

Fille123, I can't send you a pm, it says your inbox is full. I was trying to send a temporary download till the DAZ one is available.

Congrats to all winners, thank you all for participating, and thanks to MAB for running the show :)

edited December 1969

Thank you guys!

April, that should be good to go now... It's really weird, because last time I went to my inbox it said 40-something % full, then bam! Tonight it says 102% full and there isn't a single message more. :-/ A nice thing though, is that I got an e-mail notification that you tried to PM me but that it failed because my inbox was full, lol. :red:

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Fille123, are you a member of Platinum Club? They get bigger mailboxes. I ran into that PC-removing bug couple of days ago, and had to use Zendesk magic to get it back.

edited December 1969

Skiriki, that's exactly what happened indeed... Mystery solved. :coolsmirk:

• edited December 1969

First, congrats to all the winners.

Second when Daz issues the prizes will it be under an order or somewhere else on the site?

• edited December 1969

Not to seem pushy — I mean, they are prizes after all — but has there been any word on this?

edited December 1969

Hmmmmmm....

edited December 1969

Don't make me say it. Don't make me say. Don't make me say it!

Soon.

• edited December 1969

Have I missed something somewhere, guys?

Anybody know what's going on?

edited August 2012

It's been almost a month since the winners were announced... I'm fortunate in that both of the PAs who selected my images graciously provided me with download links, so although my prizes haven't been added to my DAZ account yet, I at least have had access to them. If you haven't received your prize yet, you might consider politely asking the PA(s) whether it would be possible to do this for you. Maybe not all PAs have the capability to do this...but I'd imagine that at least some of the PAs who cosponsored this contest aren't aware that this hasn't been resolved yet, and would be happy to provide a download link if asked.

No idea what's taking DAZ so long...although I guess they've had their hands full fixing all the problems that inspired our renders. ;-)

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

I won three prizes from our lovely PAs.
    But I haven't received any of them.

I'm really not angry or upset or anything. I just think something broke down along the way.
    I hope it can get sorted out.

It was such a wonderful contest. :)

edited December 1969

I that's the next contest ;-)

edited December 1969

Just a heads-up: looks like they're adding the prizes to winners' accounts now. :)

edited December 1969

Indeed!
    Just received them.
    Thanks everyone. :)

edited December 1969

Received my treasure, thanks again for running this fun contest!