PZ2 Injection Pose and finding available Channels

3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

OK, so I was working with a older style figure (Kururu), and I made a morph in Hexagon.  I brought it back to Daz, and exported a new Cr2, and all is fine.  I load the new CR2 and it has the morph.

Now the problem...sharing it.

I went down the EXP path, but since there is only a limited number of BAT files (and no Kururu one), so I had no luck there.

So, I tried the "Edit the CR2" and strip out the target geom part, save as a PZ2 and edit it to make a valid PZ2.  Unfortunately, this is not working.  I have no idea why?  Other PZ2 injections for characters work fine, and I made sure they look exactly the same.  I made sure NOT to export the CR2 with PMD's, so that all of the data is in the CR2.  Used this method, which is the same as in the DAZ docs:  LINK 

LINK to similar Daz Docs

I prefer the PZ2, so I can share it for Poser and Daz Studio.  Since I have a working CR2, there must be a way from Cr2 to PZ2?  Can anyone help me get there?

I try to do this at least once every 6 months, and fail every time.  I can generally figures these things out, but this is my method-nemesis at this point!

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838

In Poser you don't need an empty channel in the figure to INJect into, in DS you do as we can't make Poser channels on the fly, and iirc Kururu doesn't have any empty INjection channels.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited July 2015

How do I get a list of the channels?  Manihoni had a MH PBMCC Checker, but the link is dead...

As I understood it, if you pointed to an existing morph, you could override it with the new one, right?  

EDIT -> RIGHT!  I got it to work overwriting the NoseFlat morph, WOOHOO!!

Yea, it would be good to have some way to see what are available channels.  Anyway to do that?

• Poser does need channels for PZ2 morphs injection, as far as I know. .pmd files can add morphs and channels, however, and in Poser (but not DS) those can be loaded with a pose file.

I think you need to approach the creator to find out what options are accetpable. A stripped OBJ (just the lines starting with v) may be allowed, for example, but it's not something that can be assumed.

Not sure I understand that Richard?  

I got the PZ2 Injection working, now I just need to find out how one can see if there are available channels, or channel assignments in a figure.  (...and perhaps steps to add one)

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838

Richard Poser's been able to create channels "on the fly" since P8 or P9 (can't remember which), as long as the valueParm and targetGeom data is correct then they will be added right out of a PZ2 without needing a PMD, I had the misfortune of having to convert one of those from Dawn (Poser) to Dawn (DS), that was when I found out Poser could do that.

Simplest way I know of is to create a "loader CR2", one that has nothing more than a couple of readscript lines in it, so long as the PZ2 has the channel data as well as the deltas in it then DS will create the channels this way, something like this

{version { number 9 } readScript ":Runtime:Libraries:blah:blah.cr2"readScript ":Runtime:libraries:blah:blah.pz2"}

edited July 2015

So my PZ2 has the delta info, but not sure about the cahnnel info, if I don't know what channels are available.  Maybe I am missing something?  For example, the PZ2 I have right now starts with:

{version    {    number 5    }actor head:1	{	channels		{		targetGeom NoseFlat			{			name PyloliLash2			initValue 0			hidden 0

Where the "NoseFlat" is the channel I am replacing.  If I used PBMCC_01, it did not work, I suppose since that Channel was taken.  So if I don't know what channels are taken, I can't define it in the PZ2, is that right? 

Darn...I finally got that PBMCC Checker, and it reports that Kururu has no PBMCC channels  :(