SapphireBlue's Art, Music, Stories and Things

2»

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,352
    edited December 2023

Patiently waiting for the next installment of Love Great and Small.    No pressure,  just sayin'... or more like,  askin'... laugh

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • David RDavid R Posts: 214
    edited December 2023

FirstBastion said:

Patiently waiting for the next installment of Love Great and Small.    No pressure,  just sayin'... or more like,  askin'... laugh

I second that!  But I'm guessing that @SapphireBlue, the mom, is rather busy this time of year. smiley 

Post edited by David R on
    edited December 2023

David R said:

FirstBastion said:

I second that!  But I'm guessing that @SapphireBlue, the mom, is rather busy this time of year. smiley 

I can certainly appreciate the time crunch,  and we probably were a bit spoiled with 7-9 in sequence renders giving us so much interesting  and involving story moments. 

I'm sure people would enjoy a slow trickle of one render at a time too,  at her convenience. 

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 846
    edited December 2023

FirstBastion Oh!!! I'm so sorry! blushblushblushI didn't see this at all till today when I finally went over the notifications. They've been swamped with the "Render your buys" thread entries for a while... Lol. But I look at the new renders in the thread everyday, so I totally forgot to check the notifications for a month since things got a bit busy...blush (EDIT: And then too, it only showed David's post and neither of yours - Oh dear, I don't think these notifications are working properly still​. I have no idea what I else I might be missing... frown)

But I just appreciate it sooo much that you're enjoying the series enough to ask about the next installment. THANK YOU!!! heartheartheart

I have worked out most of my scene list on paper for the last two parts for "Love great and small" and bought all the things I didn't yet have for them, but I have yet to start rendering part 3... It's what I'm hoping to do in January. Nov/Dec saw me distracted by 2 other projects... blush But part 3 and 4 are definitely happening.

You know, you gave me an important kick in the rear. I'm just going make a start anyway this weekend. That's always the hardest part - then it's easier going! Thank you! smiley

David R heart It's been busy for sure, also thanks to a caravan of visiting winter viruses, but I'm also a little scatterbrained and totally distracted by too many projects (as you well know haha). cheeky Darn it, it's a not a good combination... Lol. 

Post edited by SapphireBlue on

So looking forward to it, Blue! heart

edited March 7

I've been neglecting this thread, even though I always want to get back to it. I like following the Art Studio threads to see everyone's artist journeys. They're also such a nice way to find inspiration, work through some ideas 'in public' and just share. So I guess that's me persuading myself to use this space more... blush

I'm slowly working on several projects, the main one right now the little visual fairytale "Love Great and Small". But then I do get distracted from time to time... My distraction for the past two weeks has been this song and music video...

"Leap of Faith" is a gentle reflection on being caught in grief and slowly stepping back into life. I wrote and produced it for a music challenge. (Lyrics are here: https://www.ladyincognita.com/leapoffaith)

The renders for the video feature The Row House's beautiful and magical Winter Caribou Headdress, which I had wanted to use in a winter setting like this since it came out in the store. When I started work on the song, the visual ideas followed quickly and I got to put it to use in this. The narrative features a cervitaur (a deer-type centaur) in her woods, her inner landscape. She's locked up in her grief, and the narrative follows her until she takes a leap out of her frozen state of grief back into life.

I put a few of the renders in the gallery:

• csaacsaa Posts: 812

SapphireBlue said:

"Leap of Faith" is a gentle reflection on being caught in grief and slowly stepping back into life. I wrote and produced it for a music challenge. (Lyrics are here:
    https://www.ladyincognita.com/leapoffaith)

The renders for the video feature The Row House's beautiful and magical Winter Caribou Headdress, which I had wanted to use in a winter setting like this since it came out in the store. When I started work on the song, the visual ideas followed quickly and I got to put it to use in this. The narrative features a cervitaur (a deer-type centaur) in her woods, her inner landscape. She's locked up in her grief, and the narrative follows her until she takes a leap out of her frozen state of grief back into life.

SapphireBlue,

Nicely done! The render is lovely. It certainly complements the music and the theme, and it makes me wonder what comes next of her promise "... to take a leap of faith / take a leap of faith."

Cheers!

One thing about your music, it gets better the more you listen to it.  Honestly, I listen to your songs over and over and each time I pick up on some new aspect I hadn't seen before.  laugh heart

csaa said:

SapphireBlue said:

SapphireBlue,

Nicely done! The render is lovely. It certainly complements the music and the theme, and it makes me wonder what comes next of her promise "... to take a leap of faith / take a leap of faith."

Cheers!

Thank you so much csaa!! I appreciate it very much! heart I think now that she has taken a leap out of her 'frozen state of grief' back into 'life', she's going to take it one step at a time. Her woods are vibrant and alive, and so again is she. smiley

David R said:

One thing about your music, it gets better the more you listen to it.  Honestly, I listen to your songs over and over and each time I pick up on some new aspect I hadn't seen before.  laugh heart

Oh my gosh, you're going to make me cry... crying Thank you so much, David. It really means a lot to know that a song expresses and communicates something well enough that it was worth someone's time and attention, and even better, that it was enough to make someone want to listen to it again (and again).

Art communicates to us as we create it, then we hope it can speak to others too, whether it's just a feeling or an experience or an idea. So thank you for sharing this. heartheartheart

edited March 20

I've been working on and off on a little 'fairy tale' visual story "Love Great and Small" aka "The Princess and the Giant" since last October, inspired by a princess render I did for the "Render your buys" thread in the Commons. Here are the previous Part 1 and Part 2. (There will be a total of 5 parts at this point.)

Just finished Part 3 and it's up in the gallery as a sequence of about 12 renders. The story is just something light and sweet. I have to thank FirstBastion for giving me the push to get the next part out sooner than later. It's definitely been a bit of work as the scenes take a fair amount of time for me... Hope it's enjoyable! heart

Part 3: Love Great and Small (Gallery Link)

Awesome, I am happy you were able to find the time to continue creating this  lovely story SapphireBlue.  It really is a modern fairytale that deserves to be told from your unique prespective  and impeccably detailed art. The fact that we can follow the story without a word of dialogue is a testament to your talent as a visual storyteller.  When it is all done, you may want to consider assembling it at KDP,  and publish it on Amazon as a print-on-demand children's book. 

SapphireBlue said:

I've been working on and off on a little 'fairy tale' visual story "Love Great and Small" aka "The Princess and the Giant" since last October, inspired by a princess render I did for the "Render your buys" thread in the Commons. Here are the previous Part 1 and Part 2. (There will be a total of 5 parts at this point.)

Just finished Part 3 and it's up in the gallery as a sequence of about 12 renders. The story is just something light and sweet. I have to thank FirstBastion for giving me the push to get the next part out sooner than later. It's definitely been a bit of work as the scenes take a fair amount of time for me... Hope it's enjoyable! heart

Part 3: Love Great and Small (Gallery Link)

These two characters are so appealing.  You want them to live happily ever after! laugh 

FirstBastion said:

Awesome, I am happy you were able to find the time to continue creating this  lovely story SapphireBlue.  It really is a modern fairytale that deserves to be told from your unique prespective  and impeccably detailed art. The fact that we can follow the story without a word of dialogue is a testament to your talent as a visual storyteller.  When it is all done, you may want to consider assembling it at KDP,  and publish it on Amazon as a print-on-demand children's book. 

FirstBastion, thank you so much! Those are such lovely compliments - it made my day to read this! heart I grew up loving beautifully illustrated fairytale books, and used to draw from them all the time. Even though I love to write, sometimes words just get in the way, and there's also my ever shrinking attention span. So I'm really taken by the idea of telling little visual stories without words, and more often then not, paired with a song or soundtrack. Keeping them short makes them more manageble and also makes it possible to get to the next idea in a long list! And DAZ and all the PA created items are just wonderful and magical to make this possible.heart

I was definitely thinking of putting it up on KDP in digital format at the end. I didn't think of a print version since I expected pricing to be pretty steep, but I took a quick look and it seems more reasonable than I remembered. Thanks for the suggestion! smiley

And sorry for this late reply. I put everything up, then went on holiday. On my return, I forgot to visit this space altogether.blush Part 4 should be coming along soon. I had mostly finished it before I finished part 3. The final part 5 might take me a little bit of time though... 

David R said:

SapphireBlue said:

These two characters are so appealing.  You want them to live happily ever after! laugh 

Aw, thank you! I think they're rather terribly cute, I'll admit. smiley And they've taken up residence in my mind, driving me nuts when I'm working on their story. They'll get up to a million things and think a million thoughts, but I can only capture a bit. Thankfully I do get a break, because I work with other characters and things (who then proceed to take over my mind). But in your case, Charlotte and Kurt probably never leave the premises (your head)! wink

SapphireBlue said:

David R said:

SapphireBlue said:

Aw, thank you! I think they're rather terribly cute, I'll admit. smiley And they've taken up residence in my mind, driving me nuts when I'm working on their story. 

Now you know how it feels! wink

Yes, Charlotte and Kurt live rent-free in my head, but they're perfectly welcome. laugh

Right there with you.  Until the story is told,  the possibilities churn. 

Sometimes, we just want to make it to "the end",  so we can move on,   and remember our characters fondly.

edited April 26

Here's a gothic romance story I finished up in DAZ this month as a music video - it's about 20 renders. I wrote and produced the 'gothic symphonic metal' song at the end of last year for a metal challenge, and as I worked on it I was inspired by the Render Your Buys All Time thread to try out some new things. My mind landed on Sickleyield's Spiderfolk and immediately this story started taking shape.

The project sat on the back burner for a while, and I finally got round to finishing it up and tidying the mix for my first foray into metal music. My pop sensibility definitely softens my approach to this genre. However, I immediately realized how much this style of music and storytelling also resonates with me, so my mind's already latched onto some future goth metal and goth story ideas.

The story is both as-is and symbolic, with several ways of interpretting it. Story blurb: Lovelorn Lady Spider welcomes starry-eyed visitors to her cave with all the love in her heart. She is however unaware that it is her powerful pheromones that draw them near, drive their infatuation, and ultimately lead to...

Momentum (Gothic romance set to gothic symphonic metal)

Here are some captures that I just shared in the gallery as well. The main characters are tweaked versions of two Mousso characters. They were lovely to work with and very expressive. Faveral's MICK bundle elements helped populate the cave and really have that gothic look. I used various things for webs within the DAZ renders as a foundation, but the main work came from using Ron's Spider Webs and Cobwebs brushes in post.

Like most of your work, I need to go back several times to pick up on all the details, ideas and moods.  But this one is tough.  You cooked up quite a little nightmare! devil