Problems Installing Purchased Models on Windows 7

2»

Comments

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Not all clothing have the morphs. Some the morphs are a separate purchase/install. Especially for V4.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,707
    edited December 1969

MS: True, but Transfer Active Morphs will work (within reason) to match any morphs. But as we keep saying, the figure being used is not V4 and that's why the clothes aren't fitting.

njbst18: you mentioned this as being called "Viki" and listing V4 as a required item - do you have a link to the thing you are using? What is the exact name of the file you are loading to get the figure?

• kodarrkodarr Posts: 32
    edited August 2012

Wish I knew that before spending $200 on Victoria 4. I would of spent the extra for V5 knowing that. Oh well live and learn.

Well as for the "Vicki for V4" the same problem I had holds true on any morph I apply. The biggest seller for V4 over V5 for me was the Creature creation morphs. With goblin, ogre, zombie, etc... I have to try that morph correcting thing on the clothes still you were saying. I can't see your post right now as I type this and can't remember the name of it but I'll try hunting that down to see if it works.

This is a bit of an off topic question but is there a way to get an unwrap image of the model to edit in photoshop and reapply so If I make a goblin I could tint the skin green and put scars on it etc... Or make flesh on a zombie look rotting. I can make texture maps all the time in 3dmax and I figure these are unwrapped models Just need access to the unwrap file and figure out how to apply the image to the diffuse map of the model.

Post edited by kodarr on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I searched the site NO "Vicki for V4" that I could find. I found this http://www.daz3d.com/shop/people/women/veronica
    which is just a character. All characters still need this http://www.daz3d.com/shop/victoria-4-2-base/ and then most likely it will need this as well http://www.daz3d.com/shop/victoria-4-2-morphs

If you do not have the V4 Base you can not put a character on it.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There is a whole lot of 'Vicki' stuff, for V3 in the store:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/ingenue-glamorous-vicki-bundle

edited December 1969

Yes but no Vicki for V4. I looked for hours in V4, Genesis and V4 Elite sections.

edited December 1969

Odd thought it came in the Victoria4.2 pro bundle I bought because it wasn't in my Daz3d until after I installed that bundle.

Well regardless I have the same problem when I use morphs on the base victoria 4.2 also. Do you know of a clothing bundle that would allow the Morph++ and other Victoria morphs to morph with the figure? Since I'm guessing the clothing in the bundle only work off the base victoria42.

edited December 1969

If you have the V4.2 Pro bundle installed and all the items that came with it installed you should not be having the problems you are having. I believe your content is not installed properly. I'm out for the night I have a medical thing if the early morning. I will be back tomorrow.

edited December 1969

Is this the bundle that you bought? http://www.daz3d.com/shop/victoria-4-2-pro-bundle/

If so, this is what it contains.

What's Included & Features

Features
    •Victoria 4.2 Complete ◦Victoria 4.2 Base
    ◦Victoria 4.2 Morphs++
    ◦Victoria 4 Skin Maps (Std Res)
    ◦Amarseda Hair
    ◦V4 Basicwear

•Shigi Hair
    •Domino for V4
    •Victoria 4 Skin Maps (High Res)
    •Grace for V4
    •Helena for V4
    •Ambrosia - Poses for V4
    •Stylish Shoes - Anklewrap Pumps for V4
    •Victoria 4 Wet Maps

The only clothing is the V4 Basicwear, and it will DEFINITELY fit V4.

On the Product Page for Basicwear it says:

Compatible 3D Figures

Victoria 4, Aiko 4, Victoria 4 Elite, The Girl 4, Stephanie 4

If it was the Pro Suite that you bought at $199, then it contains lots of extra clothing, plus everything that is in the Pro Bundle, and it will all DEFINITELY fit V4 and all of her Morph shapes (A4, Girl 4 etc). Some of it even has fits for Gen 3 figures like A3.

Which one did you buy, and can you show an image of your content library showing where V4 is installed to.

V4 shoul be found in Poser Formats > My Library > Figures > DAZ People, if you installed to the default location.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

"This is a bit of an off topic question but is there a way to get an unwrap image of the model to edit in photoshop and reapply so If I make a goblin I could tint the skin green and put scars on it etc… Or make flesh on a zombie look rotting. I can make texture maps all the time in 3dmax and I figure these are unwrapped models Just need access to the unwrap file and figure out how to apply the image to the diffuse map of the model."

It's called a UVmap and the download can usually be found on the product page.

A thought just occurred to me, are you loading V4 or V3/V4. Which is V3s body with V4s head, meaning none of the V4 clothes will fit.

edited December 1969

The bundle I bought was http://www.daz3d.com/shop/victoria-4-2-pro-bundle

It is Victoria 4 and not 3/4

This is where the base Victoria 4 is installed.

screen.jpg
    1066 x 536 - 259K
    edited December 1969

"It’s called a UVmap and the download can usually be found on the product page."

Like for instance I bought this http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dinosaur-bundle but I don't see a UV map download on this page. So do only certain models give you access to the textures? and for the others you just guess? since I see where you can upload them as a diffuse just can't find a file I can pull into photoshop to edit

edited December 1969

If you go to each of the individual items from the link on the bundle page, you will find a tab called Resource Files, that is the UV Templates file. Not all PAs supply these templates, but you can make your own using the free version of UV Mapper. If the texture is perely for your own use, you can use the JPEG texture itself, and change it in Photoshop.

As to the other matter of the 'Vicki' morph. Where did you get it from?
    The clothing an hair models that you already have will fit the V4 base with no alterations, but that was not the Base figure you were showing, that is why the clothing and hair did not fit..

edited August 2012

Well it was the base figure but with some morphs applied.

As for how I got that Viki figure. It just showed up after installing everything that came in that bundle. Figured it must be some sample figure on how you can alter the V4.

I've noticed that whoever made the clothing for various figures they seem to all have points the skin pops through the clothing. I tried loading up A4 figure and applied the school uniform A4 that came in her bundle. and her legs pop through the front of the skirt in the folds. Either somethings messed up on my end or these are careless mistakes made by the modeler.

Is there a tool to make my own clothes so they follow the morphs correctly. I mean I could make them in 3dmax if needed and save as objs but I wouldn't get the morph information to have them follow properly.

Also I can't find the UV Mapper on Daz's site.

Post edited by kodarr on
    edited December 1969

Also I can’t find the UV Mapper on Daz’s site.

UV Mapper has nothing to do with DAZ 3D, use Google and you will find it.

As for how I got that Viki figure. It just showed up after installing everything that came in that bundle. Figured it must be some sample figure on how you can alter the V4.

Vicki is not part of that bundle, I have that bundle as well.

I’ve noticed that whoever made the clothing for various figures they seem to all have points the skin pops through the clothing. I tried loading up A4 figure and applied the school uniform A4 that came in her bundle. and her legs pop through the front of the skirt in the folds. Either somethings messed up on my end or these are careless mistakes made by the modeler.

What you are talking about is Pokethrough, and it happens with lots of models. Certain poses require morphs so that the legs do not poke through the skirt. Select the skirt, and go to the Parameters tab to see what morphs come with it. If you want clothing that always fits no matter what the pose, then you need dynamic clothing. These are not careless mistakes, and when you discover how much wiork is required to create your own clothing, you may be a bit more sympathetic.

Is there a tool to make my own clothes so they follow the morphs correctly. I mean I could make them in 3dmax if needed and save as objs but I wouldn’t get the morph information to have them follow properly.

There is no specific tool to make clothing, 3DS Max would do very well. You need to make the clothing to fit the base model, then you need to divide the mesh into groups to match the bones, then comes UV Mapping, Rigging and Texturing. Not a simple task by any means. Clothing for Genesis is a lot easier, and it is the only one I would consider now.
    edited December 1969

Also i was mistaken apparently I did buy the Studio and not the Bundle for V4. So I have all the Unimesh clothing. Those are supposed to morph with the forms right? Or at least the sample image of the "V4 Unimesh Clothing Bundle #3" shows them on Victoria4 and what looks to be adding A4 morph too.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi :)

The Unimesh-fit's will allow you to load V4, Load the clothing, Fit the clothing to V4, and then adjust the V4 figure "body shape", to any of the V4 based figures, such as Aiko 4, Steph 4, the Girl 4....and the clothes will fit to that body shape as you adjust the figure.

Some adjustment of the "Clothing Morphs" (built into each item of clothing) may be required to avoid "poke-through" when you pose, or animate the figure.

You need to make sure that you're actually using the Base V4 figure.

Once the figure is loaded in a scene and selected,. you should be able to load a clothing item, and it will "auto-Fit-to" the selected figure.

Hope it helps :)

edited December 1969

Sorry it's been awhile. I gave up on the whole V4. I can't get it to work was biggest waste of my money ever. I bought V5 since I can actually use that and it works fine. Shame it's all digital and I can't get money back for crappy product. Sorry just so pissed I spent over $1000 on something I can't use buying all kinds of things for V4 including the bundle and no way to get that money back having to spend it again on the V5 the one that works.

edited December 1969

V4 is probably the most widely used figure ever, and I can't understand why you can't use it?

Have you contacted Support to tell them of your problems. DAZ 3D have a 30 day money back policy.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

As Jimmy-C points out, V4 is one of the most used models, so If you're have trouble using that,.. but you can use Genesis V5, then something ain't right there.

Victoria 4 is a simpler model which will work in more software. (Poser Carrara, Daz studio, and several other 3D programs.
    Victoria 5 uses the Genesis mesh, and will currently only work fully in Daz Studio 4

If you can explain what's happening , or not happening,.. when you load V4, I'm sure we can help get V4 working for you.

bear in mind that if you're using Daz Studio, then the Victoria 4 Figure and clothing can be found using the standard "Content browser", rather than the new "smart content" (where V5 and genesis are.

There's always been a 30 return day policy here, unlike many other on-line retailers.

:)

edited December 1969

They just contacted me about the 30 day money back thing I had a support ticket in for a long time they recently got back to me took them several weeks to respond to the ticket initially. I just requested money back and I'll go with V5.

I don't know every time I'd try to load any hair or clothing onto V4 no matter what it is the figure pops through it or it loads way off to the side. I exaggerated a bit on money into V4 I only bought $450 or so worth of V4 clothing and hair styles but not a single one fits the base or any morphs I apply.

But no worries since they take returns I'm going to just buy V5 equivalent of those items with store credit from the return to do what I want with them.

Though I do have one off subject question is aniMate2 any good? Or does anyone actually use it? I know a basic comes with Daz just curious if $55 is really worth it or not.

edited December 1969

Glad Support got you sorted out. I have never heard of anyone having so many problems with V4, it has been in use for several years now.

The best place to ask about Animate2 would be in the animation forum I think, although you may get some answers here.