Fiat 126

DryJackDryJack Posts: 16
edited December 1969 in Freebies

Hi folks. I decided to have a go at modelling a car. I chose the Fiat because it happened to be the picture I was looking at and I thought it looked fairly straightforward (I was very wrong about this, lol). It's by no means perfect (my main problem was that I subdivided the body way too early, meaning that subsequent changes to the shape were a bit of a nightmare). I'm definately going to try another car and it should be a lot easier as I learnt a lot while doing this.

The model features a detailed interior and adjustable seats, as well as steering, etc.

The promo renders were done in DS3 advanced. I added a reflection map to the body, mirror and chrome surfaces which you will have to do manually if want to. You will also need to adjust the bumpmap settings (especially on the tyres). Colour changes were done by simply changing the diffuse colour for the body surface.

The registration number is from a friend's car and I was given permission to use it so you shouldn't have any legal problems (you can always make your own using the provided template).

Hope you find it useful.

Available here - http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=69312

or here - http://www.ShareCG.com/v/64386/view/11/Poser/Fiat-126

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

A great little model, thank you.

My sister used to have one, and we called it the Puddle Jumper.

• DryJackDryJack Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

A great little model, thank you.

My sister used to have one, and we called it the Puddle Jumper.

Lol. Glad you like it.

• edited December 1969

What's the set in that shot with the blue one? It looks like out front of my friend's flat in Stratton... *laughs* (As always, love your work. Totally swiping this.)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Looks great! Thank you!

edited December 1969

ThinMick said:
    What's the set in that shot with the blue one? It looks like out front of my friend's flat in Stratton... *laughs* (As always, love your work. Totally swiping this.)

Thanks. The set is La Piazza by Dreamlight - http://www.daz3d.com/shop/la-piazza-realistic-mediterranean-town although I used the roads from Le Village by Faveral - http://www.daz3d.com/shop/le-village-road-pack

• HoboBoHoboBo Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Very nice - thanks for sharing! :)

• WizzardWizzard Posts: 36
    edited December 1969

Sweet, thankye.... Nicely modeled, havent had a chance to see how it does in Studio or P,
    reminds me of my older Fiat 128.
    White, red rallye stripe, and siezed engine.
    8 )

Cheers

• edited December 1969

Wow, thank you!:)

edited December 1969

No problem guys. Hope you find it useful. If you have any criticisms or advice, don't be afraid to tell me.

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Smells good to me and Adam Thwaites' cat, Jack. Fantastic, in fact.

Rendered here with basically nothing adjusted, alongside a key part from Skipper's Coronation Street and some of flinky's Terraced Houses (all ShareCG).

You just go right ahead and make models of anything you like -- you're good at this!

FiatTest.jpg
    1200 x 757 - 88K
  • Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh my - You know they still very common on Polish roads... we call them " Little Ones" :D

• Art_JunkieArt_Junkie Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DryJack said:

The model features a detailed interior and adjustable seats, as well as steering, etc.

The promo renders were done in DS3 advanced. I added a reflection map to the body, mirror and chrome surfaces which you will have to do manually if want to. You will also need to adjust the bumpmap settings (especially on the tyres). Colour changes were done by simply changing the diffuse colour for the body surface.

Hope you find it useful.

Hi! I downloaded you model when I saw it on ShareCG. I haven't gotten around to install it yet, but it looks really impressive in the Promo pics. Also all the rigging with the doors, seats and wheels is really cool. Most freebie cars are just static models. So when I see one tricked out like this I get excited.:-)
  • SilvheSilvhe Posts: 790
    edited December 1969

My wife had one of these cars, we called it "the little toad" since it was green :-)
    Thank you so much

edited December 1969

Thanks everyone. It's amazing how many people have fond memories of these cars. I had no idea they were once so popular.

• edited December 1969

Just too bad it does not have moveable pedals. Oh well, happens...