Decimator 4.5 pro problem

wizardiouswizardious Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

When I try to install the decimator plugin for Daz4.5 pro. I get an error."The installation path for Daz studio could not be found."
Anyone know what's wrong? I registered Daz 4.5 pro with the serial in my available serials.
Thanks

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It sounds like you are trying to install the wrong version of Decimator. The one for the latest version of DS4P is DS4_Decimator_1.3.0.114_Win64.exe, and comes as part of the download. It will only work if you have previously bought the plugin, and have a serial for it in you account. It is not part of the free DS4P for contractual reasons.

• wizardiouswizardious Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi JimmyC
    Thanks for the help. I installed Daz 4.5.0.114 pro 32bit and registered it. I purchased the game development kit,(and have the serial for it)which includes the decimator,texture atlas, and fbx exporter.
    I have managed to activate the texture atlas, and fbx exporter, but cannott seem to get the decimator installed. I tried the file you refer to, as well as the 32bit version of it, but recieve the same error.
    Thanks

edited December 1969

There is something strange here, Texture Atlas and the FBX exporter should not need to be activated, as they ARE part of the free version of DS4P, whether you bought them beofre or not. Decimator is the only one that needs activated (and Animate 2 if you own it).

If you are using the 32 bit version of DS4P, then it is the 32 bit version of the plugin that you should install, DS4_Decimator_1.3.0.114_Win32.exe. Do you have DS4P installed into the Program Files ()x86) folder?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,834
    edited December 1969

DS4 Pro already includes those items - all you need is a serial number for Decimator, which you now have.

edited December 1969

My Daz 4.5 is installed in my program filesx86 directory. I see no mention of the decimator in daz 4.5.
    I have included a pic of my plugin screen.

dazpro_plugins.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 250K
    edited December 1969

So I installed Daz Studio 4.0 64 bit, and the decimator serial entry box was there. I entered my serial and it worked.
    I tried installing Daz Studio 4.5 pro 64 bit, and the box wasn't there. So it seems I'm having trouble with 4.5 pro. ???

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,834
    edited December 1969

Did you get 4.5 from the direct download, or did you buy it from the store?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Did you get 4.5 from the direct download, or did you buy it from the store?
    I just checked my version of DS4.5Pro. It was a reset of my DS4Pro Upgrade I have a serial number because I was an Early adopter, I also Do NOT have Decimator in my plugins. I did in DS4Pro.
    edited August 2012

I have DS4_Decimator_1.3.0.114_Win64.exe in my Downloads for 4.5. I am not sure now if I reset my original order to get it or not, but it is the correct version for 4.5.0.114, and it installed OK for me.

Untitled-1.jpg
    688 x 752 - 81K
    Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jimmy is correct. The Full download version must be installed, mine is installed and registered just fine now.

edited December 1969

Hi, I tried the direct download version, instead of the store purchase version, and running the decimator installer, I recieved no errors.
    Checking my Daz 4.5 pro plugins showed the decimator right were it should be.:)
    Thanks alot for the help guys.

• stuartfstuartf Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi

I had paid for a licence for decimator in an earlier version of Daz3d Pro 4 and it worked fine.

I've upgraded to Daz 3d 4.5.1.6 today and also downloaded and installed DS4_Decimator_1.3.1.6_Win64.exe

This says it's replacing the old version and seems to install fine BUT it doesn't appear on my toolbar s i can't access it.

I've tried this several times

As this is a pretty essential tool I'd like to get this woirking!

Any more suggestions please?

edited December 1969

Mine can be found in Window > Tabs > Decimator.

You can put it into a toolbar as well I believe using Customise.

• KGKG Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Menu Window / Panes (tabs) / Decimator

I also had a hard time trying to find it