June FREEBIE Challenge ♪♫♫ THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC ♫♫♪

ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
edited June 2015 in Freebies

I guess that most everyone saw the announcement that Music2u4u made to the previous challenge, to say that, due to RL problems, he is giving up fronting the Freebie Challenges.

So we thought that we would use the June freebie challenge, which was normally his Summer Fun month and make it a thank you thread for all that Music2u4u has done for the freebie challenge.

He has done a sterling job of keeping the challenge going for more than 7 years, since he took it up and ran with it from the inaugural challenge back in January 2008.

So the theme this month is

Celebrate Music2u4u.

Those that have been here for a long time know what Music loves. He loves Music, he is a musician, has been a professional musician and worked with many big names. He also loves cars, and hence has his long running Car and motorbike render thread in the Art Studio for other petrol heads. He also models and has made many, freebies over the years, both for Prizes for these challenges and also as general freebies.
Plus of course he loves the fun and games that has been the Freebie challenge over the years.

So use this information to make your best renders to say thank you to Music, and show him how much we have appreciated all that he has done over the years.

There is one additional rule for this challenge.

Every entry must contain at least one of Music's freebies.

You can find most of them Here at ShareCG

Apart from this additional rule the normal rules apply. They can be found here

So bring it on you all, let's give Music some more good memories of the Freebie challenge and make sure he still comes back to visit us in the future, after we hang out the "Under New Management" sign.

First Place: $15 store credit from DAZ3D
Second Place: $12 store credit from DAZ3D
Third Place: $8 store credit from DAZ3D
2 x HMs $5 store credit (from me)
RobKelk is offering a badminton racquet and shuttlecock to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places + the HMs.

MJC has made a cream pie, which will be given to all who enter Thank you MJC.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Reserved

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

NAE
    Halloween party with music and no monsters. From the Oct. 2013 freebie contest.
    I used Music's Fender Twin Reverb.
    The joke was that the guitar player's clothes would scare away any monsters.

ac_holloween-2c.jpg
    1450 x 815 - 1020K
    edited December 1969

NAE

I used Music's drum set, (or part of it) in this one called "Drumming up a storm" as a tribute to the founder and original drummer of a group called the Stereophonics. WHere ever he is now Stuart will still be drumming on.

drummin_up_a_storm_5.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 467K
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

NAE

I used Music's Drum Set, Drum Sticks, Renaissance Table, Martin Guitar and Gibson Guitar, also for the October, 2013 Monster Mash Halloween Bash Contest.

Fire_Sale.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 1M
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

NAE

A couple of years ago, I needed a Fender Mustang for a render. I immediately thought that if anybody knew where to buy one, it would be music2u4u. Instead of pointing me at a store, he gave me a copy of his model - which isn't generally available.

That's the guitar in this render, "Sad Busker". (She didn't expect her corner wouldn't have any power sockets...)

sad-busker.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited June 2015

And I'll throw in this nice little item to all entrants...

Yes, Cho, you get one too...

simplepie.png
    800 x 800 - 829K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    And I'll throw in this nice little item to all entrants...

Yes, Cho, you get one too...

Let the games begin! :-P

Dana

• stronghandsstronghands Posts: 104
    edited December 1969

:bug: What? I missed that announcement, and has it been seven years already? SMH I hate not being able to check in here frequently.

I remember the beginning of the freebie challenges, and I also remember how much of a help and mentor Music2U4U was, and has always been, to everyone in these forums.

Wow.

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Hello everyone, long time no see. Just wanted to pop in and say hi and tell music... luv ya big guy, here's a pie for ya

stock-illustration-6249119-pie-in-the-face.jpg
    380 x 285 - 70K
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited June 2015

WOW...ME!

I have never been very good at exits. I guess I can start by saying thanks to all those who have participated up in here. Weather it be for one post, or hundreds. I never could have come so far without all of you. Life has been a blessing for me and lately it has become very busy for me. As many of you know, I own and help operate a large wellness center in a large city. For this city, I have moved up to number one on Google. Folks can tell when someone is sincere about careing for them. We are. People are not stupid, and we offer so much love and education to our patients that the word is out that we are the real deal health providers. Now with over 2000 patients, we stay extremely busy and work many hours on those with finances and insurance, as well as those who are broke with no insurance. Everyone has pain and is treated equally with the most respect.

Anyway...this has left me no time for any outside activities like this challenge. So, instead of jerking everyone around, I decided it was more than I could handle right now and gave it over to the Daz team to play with. I understand it to becoma a project of theirs. It will still be fun, and may even get better with them at the wheel now. I will not be getting it back, so this is my departure. However...I can still come here and party and even enter if I want. That I will do.

If I were to name everybody I wanted here...it would take up an entire page, so I will just say to one and all...I love you, I will miss you, I thank you and God bless you all and your families. I would however, like to give a most special goodbye to my bestus friend here and number one ETO...BWSman. May he rest in peace forever, and damn...what a guy!

BWSMan.jpg
    416 x 554 - 243K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,949
    edited June 2015

Here is one from me. What can I say, I don't know Music for long but sure he makes good things and I am just wishing him best. Hoping to see him around often and of course more important things need to be done first.

I hope I did everything good, this started as Genesis character try, but later I redone it with Victoria4.

Avena of the Desert

Done with Daz Studio 4.8

Items marked with an asterisk require registration.

Not Counting: Victoria 4 figure, Backdrop done by me in Bryce 7.1

Freebies:

1.) Autumn Spirit (Mask Only)

2.)* Gems for the Raven Collar

3.) Witches Broom Under 2008 Items

4.)* Morphing Witches Hat Under 2006 Items

5.)* FlowerPrincess Earrings

6.)* P3D Megan

7.)* ArcherV4 Boots and right hand bracer

8.) Forest Princess Armband On left hand

9.)* Samedi V2

10.)* Martin D45 Guitar

11.)* V4 Hero Pro Pack Shigi Hair Used

Paid:
    Valana Outfit
    Raven Collar

Not Active:
    12.)* Little Desert Scene Bottom, this one turned to be inactive link

111.jpg
    1076 x 1076 - 264K
    Post edited by MilosGulan on
    edited December 1969

Woohoo, first entry.

All links check out, entry accepted. Free cream pie will be coming your way soonly (once I have worked out with MJ how they are going to be thrown at contestants.)

edited December 1969

Thank You :) Ok, waiting for the surprise then.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Woohoo, first entry.

All links check out, entry accepted. Free cream pie will be coming your way soonly (once I have worked out with MJ how they are going to be thrown at contestants.)

I'll just PM them the link to my Googledrive once I get it put there...it'll be a non-shared link.

I should have it up this evening.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    chohole said:
    Woohoo, first entry.

I'll just PM them the link to my Googledrive once I get it put there...it'll be a non-shared link.

I should have it up this evening.

Thanks for that.

edited December 1969

gulan7 said:
    Here is one from me. What can I say, I don't know Music for long but sure he makes good things and I am just wishing him best. Hoping to see him around often and of course more important things need to be done first.

I hope I did everything good, this started as Genesis character try, but later I redone it with Victoria4.

Avena of the Desert

Done with Daz Studio 4.8

Items marked with an asterisk require registration.

Not Counting: Victoria 4 figure, Backdrop done by me in Bryce 7.1

Freebies:

1.) Autumn Spirit (Mask Only)

2.)* Gems for the Raven Collar

3.) Witches Broom Under 2008 Items

4.)* Morphing Witches Hat Under 2006 Items

5.)* FlowerPrincess Earrings

6.)* P3D Megan

7.)* ArcherV4 Boots and right hand bracer

8.) Forest Princess Armband On left hand

9.)* Samedi V2

10.)* Martin D45 Guitar

11.)* V4 Hero Pro Pack Shigi Hair Used

Paid:
    Valana Outfit
    Raven Collar

Not Active:
    12.)* Little Desert Scene Bottom, this one turned to be inactive link

Good one! Is she playing the guitar magically from remote?

Dana

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited December 1969

Am I the only one who noticed the little, teeny tiny Les Paul in Samedi's hand? You should add that to your list of freebies. And thanks for "signing" your work. Now I can call you Milos, instead of using your surname :)

edited December 1969

SixDs said:
    Am I the only one who noticed the little, teeny tiny Les Paul in Samedi's hand? You should add that to your list of freebies. And thanks for "signing" your work. Now I can call you Milos, instead of using your surname :)

It looks like a voo doo doll pin to me, with a spherical head.

Dana

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited December 1969

ah, you're right Dana. I mistook the little specular spot for a bridge.

edited December 1969

Yes that is a pin, it goes with Samedi figure, I imagined he is using it like some kind of weapon or tool.

And yes Milos is my name and sure You can use it, I even thought of changing my forum name into MilosGulan but didn't wanted to bother people with that but I feel better when people call me by my first name then surname :).

It is pronunced a bit differently (Meelosh is I think how it sounds) as it is not an English name. In my language we write as we speak and in English it is different, so latin version of my name is Miloš and I just turned it Milos as there is no š sign in English. I guess writing Meelosh is a bit more complicated but it is actualy best sounding in English.

And for guitar, it is probably thrown to Avena. I imagined her as a fantasy character and she probably would do better with some older musical instrument but this was best one I could find at Music2u4u ShareCG profile so it is picture where fantasy meets modern instrument :). How it happened I am not sure but there might be invisible genie or something like that that could use guitar and she is there with Samedi who is her another fantastic companion :) They probably are just in some desert like region that reminds of Aladdin and magic carpets.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Good one! Is she playing the guitar magically from remote?

Dana

Well this also could be, she probably knows to cast spells... or it could be some invisible force behind guitar, or somebody just throw it to her and she is trying to catch :)

• LimunLimun Posts: 182
    edited June 2015

Post Updated

and here is mine

Still Daz4.8 beta
    iRay render
    shaders (almost all iray default from Daz4.8)

----------------------------------

Requied registration
    guitar amp - http://www.sharecg.com/v/33784/browse/11/Poser/Fobers-Metal-Stack-Guitar-Amp-for-DAZ-Studio
    guitar - http://www.sharecg.com/v/33913/browse/11/Poser/Gibson-Les-Paul-Custom-Black-Beauty
    bike Old HD Flathead - http://www.sharecg.com/v/34954/browse/11/Poser/Old-HD-Flathead
    scene - http://www.sharecg.com/v/67650/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/strange-space
    jak o lantern - http://www.sharecg.com/v/77963/browse/11/Poser/Jack-o-lantern
    Hair - http://www.sharecg.com/v/38664/browse/11/Poser/Kirk-Hair

---------------------------------

No need to registration
    cactus - http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/cactus-27452.html
    palm - http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/coconut-tree-15794.html
    bush - http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/bush-84314.html
    mountians - http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/mountains-scene-41819.html
    old tv - http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/old-television-set-26996.html

Genesis base male
    JS Pants
    JS Boots
    JS Wristguard

tarrein and asphalt - Iray nobiax shader presets (found in this site)
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/53881/

music1.jpg
    1980 x 1999 - 1M
    Post edited by Limun on
    edited June 2015

Limun said:

Links all check out. can you edit your post to mark those that are from sites the require registration, please, and also specify which are freebies and which are paid for (with links to the paid for items), Thanks.

edited June 2015

chohole said:

....and also specify which are freebies and which are paid for (with links to the paid for items), Thanks.

i m sorry but i dont understand
    isnt all free i used ?

-------------------------------------
    EDIT
    ooo c**p ... can i change image..i will remove hair

Post edited by Limun on
    edited December 1969

Limun said:
    and here is mine

Still Daz4.8 beta
    iRay render
    shaders (almost all iray default from Daz4.8)

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=202552_Sn6bovGz8P0ykqb5W5Jw&thumb=1&board_id=1

Very nice! I don't see a palm tree, though.

Dana

edited June 2015

Limun said:
    chohole said:

....and also specify which are freebies and which are paid for (with links to the paid for items), Thanks.

i m sorry but i dont understand
    isnt all free i used ?

-------------------------------------
    EDIT
    ooo c**p ... can i change image..i will remove hair

Probably me not understanding, as I don't use DS, but it was the items listed under Genesis base that made me wonder. Are they free with DS? like genesis?

but if Aldora hair http://www.daz3d.com/aldora-hair is a purchased item, just mark it as purchased. You are allowed up to 3 purchased item

edited June 2015

Welcome to the challenge :) that looks very good.

Aldora hair is paid item and rest is Journier Scout clothing that is free with Genesis starting essentials.

Post edited by MilosGulan on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Gulan.

edited December 1969

Thanks both
    now i understand..
    shoud i update my previous post or post a new one with new hair?

edited December 1969

Actualy that Aldora hair is free genesis version that is included in free Gensesis Starter Essentials. Here are also links for example M4 versions of Journier scout, I was lately wondering would M4 textures I found on Renderosity fit to genesis version, probably will have to try to know the answer:
    http://www.daz3d.com/journeyer-scout-for-m4
    http://www.daz3d.com/journeyer-scout-textures