Ruths Redemption LV-1104 [Commercial]

2»

Comments

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Hi DzFire - I've bought this set, and really love it, however I can't seem to separate the buildings or any other parts as you said a bit earlier:
    "Side note: Multiple sets can be combined and buildings and objects can be moved and rearranged."

I'd really like to move this around and set it up more to customize it and was wondering if I'm missing something? It loads in as a single model called ColonyDZ, the ground is under that, the "clutter" (all the barrels, etc., are 1 single prop together), then all the buildings and the clutter, trash, skydome, EVERYTHING, is attached to the ground. I can't find a way to separate any of it. I've tried changing the parent to none on several of the buildings but it doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :-) -Cathy

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

Cathy_Mod said:
    Hi DzFire - I've bought this set, and really love it, however I can't seem to separate the buildings or any other parts as you said a bit earlier:
    "Side note: Multiple sets can be combined and buildings and objects can be moved and rearranged."

I'd really like to move this around and set it up more to customize it and was wondering if I'm missing something? It loads in as a single model called ColonyDZ, the ground is under that, the "clutter" (all the barrels, etc., are 1 single prop together), then all the buildings and the clutter, trash, skydome, EVERYTHING, is attached to the ground. I can't find a way to separate any of it. I've tried changing the parent to none on several of the buildings but it doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :-) -Cathy

As you've seen, the set is a figure with bones the let you slide the buildings and objects around or turn on and off to give it a unique look. They are, unfortunately, not props. I tried to make it as easy as possible to the end user such as yourself. But, you're not the only one asking about this and this Monday, I'll be talking with DAZ to submit an update for this set with a props folder with everything broken down into individual parts. This should take about two weeks to set-up, QA test, and build the installers.

I hope you enjoy this set and hope to see some of your work with it.

Dz

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Oh, I would find that proposed update very handy actually...

...although not having problems with what's already available ;)

Renegade_Roadtrip.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 600K
  • MachieltjeMachieltje Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

There seems to be something odd going on with the skydome on this set. When I render in DS with the DAZ dimension light set the distant light is blocked and I only get light from the UE2 even though cast shadows is set to Off.. I can get around this by setting Opacity to 0% and using a different skydome but it's still weird. Also deleting the sky dome deletes the entire set this is kinda inconvenient as I like to sometimes use a different sky...

on a hunch I applied the uber surface to the skydome and the solves the problem...