"For my Summer Vacation I went to...". August Freebie Challenge

Comments

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited August 2012

Summer Camping
    Back in the late 60s and early 70s my family went camping at a state beach near Santa Barbra.
    I come from a large family of 11 kids, 6 boys & 5 girls. This scene only shows part of the actual army.
    Teen Girls:
    Laci for Laura #
    MokoHair A3
    Koz LongHair_evo 3 down
    Baby T
    SAKURA for Baby T #
    Wifebeater for Laura
    Tina's flip flops # - link broken
    Teen Boy:
    Lance for Luke #
    EXP Hair
    Little girls:
    Koz Messy hair 6 down
    Koz Short bob hair
    Tenten ps
    Cloth set #
    Shirt tex #
    Shoes #
    Woman:
    Vicky 3 DAZ model pack
    Glamour hair v4 (Studio 2.3 free content) #
    Natasha #
    Sandy blouse
    Blouse tex #
    Jean skirt
    Shoes #
    Cook:
    Aiko 3 #
    Mitsu Hair - comes with A3
    Elwing for A3 #
    Blouse
    Shorts -> Downloads -> clothing -> A3 set at bottom of page.
    Scene:
    Picnic Table #
    Dinner ware #
    Sandwichs #
    Watermelon - 10 down
    50's Ford truck #
    Camp stove #
    Blue Cooler #
    Red Cooler
    Moving box #
    Cardboard box
    HoboBo background # - required item
    McjGlossy shader - to tile ground tex
    Tent & OJ bottle: photos from web on plane primitives
    Lights from tutorial #
    Paid items: (got them when they were free)
    Young teen Luke & Laura
    Millennium Girl
    Poses by me, with a lot of dial tweaking.
    # free site registration required.
    Software used:
    Paint Shop Pro 7
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 2.3 No postwork
    This is the first time I've used DOF in a render.
    Go Here for big.

summer-3dof.jpg
    2000 x 1972 - 598K
    Post edited by nitehawk_ltd on
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Dollygirl said:
    So here is my render. When I was growing up I don't really remember taking vacations. We were kinda poor and living on a farm required us to stay close. We had to feed critters, milk the cows, gather the eggs, water the fields etc etc. You know all that farm stuff. Every day though at noon we would break for lunch for an hour. Well I would rush through lunch and with the remaining time left I would stick my nose in a book. After we went back to work I would daydream about the current story I was reading. Being a teenager, those daydreams were always about some very handsome fellow coming to my rescue and of course being that my subject of choice was almost always sci-fi stories, my handsome fellow would not quite be totally human, nor would I be and always we were never on Earth when the rescue would occur. So everyday I would go on vacation for about half an hour. So now I give you what I did on one of those journeys:

The Rapture of Rachael:
    Created in DAZ Studio 3. Postwork to add sig only.
    Freebies
    Angel: Hair All Back Style by Digital Babes (Kozaburo). Mouse over right side of pick for Download link. 2 item down
    Angel: Texture Heath by Dreamweaver. Prize No Longer Available
    Angel: Wings * Feathered Wings - Colorama (Mat Poses) by just_last_knight.
    Background * Mossy Rocks #06 InfCove3 textures by HoboBo. Required HoboBo item
    Prop: Orb 2 Poseable Orbs by SAMS3D. The other one http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=67412
    Prop: Plant Forest 1 by Dreampaint.
    Prop: Plant Grass #1 by Drew Costigan.
    Prop: Plant Grass #8 by Drew Costigan.
    Prop: Rocks * Pebbles & Boulders by Spacebones.
    Prop: Rocks: Texture * Tilling Textures Pack 13 by Yughues aka Nobiax.
    Rachael: Dress: Texture * Sorceress for V4 and the MFD by oro_snake.
    Rachael: Hair Flexy Hair by OutofTouch.
    Rachael: Necklace * KelticKross by janimatrix.
    Rachael: Texture Spotted Alien Overlay Presets for Victoria 4 by Artistically-Mirrored-Realities.
    Angel and Rachael: Pose * Xameva's Intimate, Sexy, and Emotional Poses for V4/M4/M3 by Xameva.
    * Registration Required

No Count:
    Angel: Base Michael 4 Base by DAZ 3D.
    Angel: Base Michael 4 Morphs++ by DAZ 3D.
    Rachael: Base Victoria 4.2 Base by DAZ 3D.
    Rachael: Base Victoria 4.2 Morphs++ by DAZ 3D.

Paid For:
    Angel: Wings Feathered Wings by DAZ 3D etujedi.
    Rachael: Dress V4 Morphing Fantasy Dress by DAZ 3D.

A fantasy vacation; nice!

You have the required HoboBo freebie. The link for Rachael's texture goes directly to the zip file & not the download page; please correct that (if possible). All your other links are good.

I will PM you with the links to the entry gifts.

Summer Camping
    Back in the late 60s and early 70s my family went camping at a state beach near Santa Barbra.
    I come from a large family of 11 kids, 6 boys & 5 girls. This scene only shows part of the actual army.
    Teen Girls:
    Laci for Laura #
    MokoHair A3
    Koz LongHair_evo 3 down
    Baby T
    SAKURA for Baby T #
    Wifebeater for Laura
    Tina's flip flops # - link broken
    Teen Boy:
    Lance for Luke #
    EXP Hair
    Little girls:
    Koz Messy hair 6 down
    Koz Short bob hair
    Tenten ps
    Cloth set #
    Shirt tex #
    Shoes #
    Woman:
    Vicky 3 DAZ model pack
    Glamour hair v4 (Studio 2.3 free content) #
    Natasha #
    Sandy blouse
    Blouse tex #
    Jean skirt
    Shoes #
    Cook:
    Aiko 3 #
    Mitsu Hair - comes with A3
    Elwing for A3 #
    Blouse
    Shorts -> Downloads -> clothing -> A3 set at bottom of page.
    Scene:
    Picnic Table #
    Dinner ware #
    Sandwichs #
    Watermelon - 10 down
    50's Ford truck #
    Camp stove #
    Blue Cooler #
    Red Cooler
    Moving box #
    Cardboard box
    HoboBo background # - required item
    McjGlossy shader - to tile ground tex
    Tent & OJ bottle: photos from web on plane primitives
    Lights from tutorial #
    Paid items: (got them when they were free)
    Young teen Luke & Laura
    Millennium Girl
    Poses by me, with a lot of dial tweaking.
    # free site registration required.
    Software used:
    Paint Shop Pro 7
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 2.3 No postwork
    This is the first time I've used DOF in a render.
    Go Here for big.

Another nice entry. However; I couldn't see all the freebies you listed (shoes for the pre-schoolers/V3) & it was hard to see the texture used on the PS clothing.

You have the required HoboBo freebie & enough other freebies to qualify this entry.

Post edited by BWSman on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Summer Camping

Go Here for big.

Very nice! A lot of bodies in there, good job!

Dana

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    edited August 2012

2nd entry

Title : Hawaii Vacation
    Even an old guy like me can appreciate the beautiful scenery and photo ops of the islands

Amy for V4 free site reg req
    FluffyHair on A4 free site reg req
    Hula Skirt for MFD free site reg req
    Frank for M4 free site reg req
    Asia Shirt for M4 free site reg req
    For Jai Hair free site reg req.
    620 Camera free site reg req
    pineapple fruit - ten down
    Trekkies texturepak4 1 down
    Hawaii #15 Cyclorama texture free site reg req

Paid Item
    MFD
    Jai Hair
    A4

Not counted
    V4, M4
    Fuji Hair, was a DAZ old forum freebie

DAZ Studio 3.0
    Five Distance Lights One with Raytraced Shadow
    Image cropped to size with Photoshop Elements 6.

Hawaii_Vacation.jpg
    800 x 648 - 401K
    Post edited by deeleelaw57 on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

A fantasy vacation; nice!

You have the required HoboBo freebie. The link for Rachael's texture goes directly to the zip file & not the download page; please correct that (if possible). All your other links are good.

I will PM you with the links to the entry gifts.

Thanks BWSman. Yes Rachael's texture is a direct link. I don't have the source of where I got it. I think it was from the old forum not sure though. Below is a copy of the readme file. I checked on both the sharecg and deviantart for the file location but no go so you guys got the direct link listed in the readme. Maybe Adam can direct me to the source. This is a very nice product. He did a really good job.
    Lonnie

Spotted Alien OVerlay Presets for Victoria 4.
    Copyright 2010 Adam Rasmussen a.k.a. Artistically-Mirrored-Realities

Requires:
    Victoria 4
    DAZ Studio 2.x or higher.

These products utilize the DAZ Studio Multi-layered Image Editor technology though the MLIE is not required to use them. The MLIE process requires a fairly hefty overhead to load the second layer of textures. You may experience a noticable pause after double clicking the preset before they appear. This is normal.

Poser not supported, but if you know how to attach alpha-transparent PNGs to material nodes you should be able to use the textures themselves.

These overlays are copyright by me! Do not distribute. They may be found legitmately at:
    http://adamtls.deviantart.com
    http://www.sharecg.com/
    http://daz.tall-tales-racing.com/resources/spotted_alien_overlays_by_amr.zip

May be used for commercial and non-commercial renders.

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    BWSman said:

The link for Rachael's texture goes directly to the zip file & not the download page; please correct that (if possible).

Thanks BWSman. Yes Rachael's texture is a direct link. I don't have the source of where I got it. I think it was from the old forum not sure though. Below is a copy of the readme file. I checked on both the sharecg and deviantart for the file location but no go so you guys got the direct link listed in the readme. Maybe Adam can direct me to the source. This is a very nice product. He did a really good job.
    Lonnie

The link you are looking for is http://adamtls.deviantart.com/gallery/23887181#/d2s88qe
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    BWSman said:

The link for Rachael's texture goes directly to the zip file & not the download page; please correct that (if possible).

Lonnie

The link you are looking for is http://adamtls.deviantart.com/gallery/23887181#/d2s88qe

Oh thank you Gerry. Entry has been fixed and my database updated!

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

nice vacation dlee... I wish I was there right now.

edited December 1969

so it looks like i may be out of a computer for a few days. I have been having trouble for some time now and it has just became a pain. I am dumping everything now and am going to re boot the system in the next day or so. I am going to make sure my son-in-law is around when i get it back up and running so he can make sure I did everything right. He is my computer geek. My knowledge only goes so far and he knows all that stuff. If you still don't have judges BWSman I should be up and running by then to help out.

edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    music2u4u said:
    ... NOTICE ...

This is just a notice to let everyone know we do not have a host for September. It will be here in a week!

anyone want to give it a try? You will need a theme. The featured giver will be Phil C. You must include one of his freebies in your entries.

Please PM me if you are interested in hosting.

:-)

Hmm.. I was convinved I am hosting September.. going like crazy to get ready.... hmmm...

jepeerz... ha.. I prepared a painters overall especially for your pies :P

thanks Krissy,
    I thought you were doing Sept too, maybe music forgot

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes me three thought Krissy was doing September.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

I think the only person who didn't was Music. Either that or he forgot.

edited December 1969

Well he has had a lot on his plate lately, poor man. We need to break him back in gently.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Well he has had a lot on his plate lately, poor man. We need to break him back in gently.

Maybe I'll 'volunteer' him as a judge!
    :vampire:

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

dleelaw.. great render :)

I for one am very confused here ( even more than I am mostly :D)... hmmm...

edited December 1969

Krissy said:

then you're in the right thread Krissy. *tosses her a pie* then you are ready for hosting Sept I assume, dazed and confused.....

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ah ... yummy .. I learned to walk around you with my mouth open :P
    Ah .. hope I am ;) BOthered people about it, now cannot back off ;)

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    Krissy said:

then you're in the right thread Krissy. *tosses her a pie* then you are ready for hosting Sept I assume, dazed and confused.....

Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation.

edited December 1969

dleelaw57 said:
    2nd entry

Even an old guy like me can appreciate the beautiful scenery and photo ops of the islands

Amy for V4 free site reg req
    FluffyHair on A4 free site reg req
    Hula Skirt for MFD free site reg req
    Frank for M4 free site reg req
    Asia Shirt for M4 free site reg req
    For Jai Hair free site reg req.
    620 Camera free site reg req
    pineapple fruit - ten down
    Trekkies texturepak4 1 down
    Hawaii #15 Cyclorama texture free site reg req

Paid Item
    MFD
    Jai Hair

Not counted
    A4, V4, M4
    Fuji Hair, was a DAZ old forum freebie

DAZ Studio 3.0
    Five Distance Lights One with Raytraced Shadow
    Image cropped to size with Photoshop Elements 6.

Nice one. You have the required HoboBo freebie & the minimum number of freebies. The only issues is that A4 is a character of V4 & is therefore considered a paid for item.

edited December 1969
  • deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

Nice one. You have the required HoboBo freebie & the minimum number of freebies. The only issues is that A4 is a character of V4 & is therefore considered a paid for item.

Fixed, moved A4 to paid.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Ack! Look what happens when I have to go away for a week... seven pages to read!

And why's that pie just hovering there, as if it's waiting for someon...
    (fails to dodge)
    ...Never mind.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

A little OT but...How do you get the 57TBird to work in DS4? I bought it and installed the DS3 FILES, and the DS4 files (.trx). I got it to open fine in DS3, but the DS4 files are .duf extensions and My DS4 says it is an unknown format. It will not open them or even show them in the content. I had to go to the file location to find them. After the car threw my antivirus into a spin and kept deleting the .exe. files, I finally had to turn it off to get them downloaded. That suxed. It has been happening to all the files I buy here at Daz lately.

So…then I buy the “Rolling Thunder” textures by Moyra for the car. None of the MAT files (.pz2) will work in DS3. Click and nothing. They might work in DS4, but I can’t get the car to load in DS4 because of the .duf file format it is in to see.

This has been the most screwed up set of files I have bought from Daz so far. I always have trouble downloading them with my antivirus’ falses. I have to turn off my antivirus to get anything I buy now to download. That really sux. Daz should have went to the standard .zip or .rar files when they went through the changeover. Everyone knows that .exe files are soooo unsafe and way too much trouble for our antivirus systems. Bad move on Daz’ part. So...can anyone tell me how to get this car to open in DS4?...Or how to get the rolling thunder MAT files to work in DS3?

:shut:

edited December 1969

dleelaw57 said:
    2nd entry

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=15802_4IyIhfcriEdKk5lxzIxT&thumb=1&board_id=1

He looks happy! There's some strong double-sided tape holding on those coconut shells! :lol: :-P

Dana

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    A little OT but...How do you get the 57TBird to work in DS4? I bought it and installed the DS3 FILES, and the DS4 files (.trx). I got it to open fine in DS3, but the DS4 files are .duf extensions and My DS4 says it is an unknown format. It will not open them or even show them in the content. I had to go to the file location to find them. After the car threw my antivirus into a spin and kept deleting the .exe. files, I finally had to turn it off to get them downloaded. That suxed. It has been happening to all the files I buy here at Daz lately.

So…then I buy the “Rolling Thunder” textures by Moyra for the car. None of the MAT files (.pz2) will work in DS3. Click and nothing. They might work in DS4, but I can’t get the car to load in DS4 because of the .duf file format it is in to see.

This has been the most screwed up set of files I have bought from Daz so far. I always have trouble downloading them with my antivirus’ falses. I have to turn off my antivirus to get anything I buy now to download. That really sux. Daz should have went to the standard .zip or .rar files when they went through the changeover. Everyone knows that .exe files are soooo unsafe and way too much trouble for our antivirus systems. Bad move on Daz’ part. So...can anyone tell me how to get this car to open in DS4?...Or how to get the rolling thunder MAT files to work in DS3?

Install DS4.5 to use .duf files.

Kendall

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

DAZ is wasting time and effort by continuing the installer exes on new products. I'm fairly sure it would take less time to make the zip files. They will have to do it anyway later. I still don't understand why they aren't doing it right away, rather than making double work for themselves...the universe knows they already have a lot of work to do.

That car might be made for DS 4.5. I think that duf format is new for 4.5. Add one more "f" and it could be beer in Springfield, at Moe's! :lol:

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    music2u4u said:

DAZ is wasting time and effort by continuing the installer exes on new products. I'm fairly sure it would take less time to make the zip files. They will have to do it anyway later. I still don't understand why they aren't doing it right away, rather than making double work for themselves...the universe knows they already have a lot of work to do.

That car might be made for DS 4.5. I think that duf format is new for 4.5. Add one more "f" and it could be beer in Springfield, at Moe's! :lol:

Dana

They aren't doing it because the ZIP installer isn't ready. Those who want ZIPs are a minority. Only a small part of DAZ's customer base is represented on these forums, and even here, the ZIP crowd is a minority. Once the installer program is ready, the ZIP issue will be resolved. I'm betting that the installer utility will be the only way to tell if content has been updated, at least initially.

Kendall

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited August 2012

ok, will get DS4.5...so what about the texture files for the car, by Moyra, I also bought that will not work in DS3. They are .pz2 files, a long time format. You click the icon...nothing.

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    ok...so what about the texture files for the car, by Moyra, I also bought that will not work in DS3. They are .pz2 files, a long time format. You click the icon...nothing. So I guess it's just a guessing game at this point. Would have loved to know that the DS4 files were not going to work in DS4 before I bought them and went through all that time battling with my antivirus while it was deleting the .exe files each time it downloaded one because they were new files. That also is a guessing game. Excuses...hum. I say, if you are going to market a product for financial gain from the public, it should at least work, in one version, if not all, and you should be able to download it without putting your antivirus into a spin. Sorry, but I think that is only a fair exchange for money spent.

Do you expect Office 2010 to work in Windows 95? How about 98? Hmmm, let's try Windows2000. Want to know what's coming in October?

So now I have to download another version of DS, If I can get it thriugh the antivirus, install it, and tweek it all out, just to use the product I bought. NOT FAIR!...SORRY!

Hey now Music, it's not fair to blame an App (any app) for the failings of the OS... Blame the OS for NEEDING an anti-virus program in the first place. Then blame the anti-virus program for false positives. You know I use the Windows versions and never worry about Viruses, I've never had to run an anti-virus package to protect my Windows installs yet. I've been a MS developer since *way* before Windows existed, and the only time I've had viruses is when I *deliberately* installed them to track what they were doing to the poor saps who got infected. You know why? I don't allow Windows to do the things that allow it to get infected.

Kendall

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    ok...so what about the texture files for the car, by Moyra, I also bought that will not work in DS3. They are .pz2 files, a long time format. You click the icon...nothing. So I guess it's just a guessing game at this point. Would have loved to know that the DS4 files were not going to work in DS4 before I bought them and went through all that time battling with my antivirus while it was deleting the .exe files each time it downloaded one because they were new files. That also is a guessing game. Excuses...hum. I say, if you are going to market a product for financial gain from the public, it should at least work, in one version, if not all, and you should be able to download it without putting your antivirus into a spin. Sorry, but I think that is only a fair exchange for money spent.

Do you expect Office 2010 to work in Windows 95? How about 98? Hmmm, let's try Windows2000. Want to know what's coming in October?

No, but he expects a pz2 to work in DS3! They are not new formats, pz2's! He also expects the packager to get things sorted properly before trying to sell it! I agree with his expectations!

Hey now Music, it's not fair to blame an App (any app) for the failings of the OS... Blame the OS for NEEDING an anti-virus program in the first place. Then blame the anti-virus program for false positives. You know I use the Windows versions and never worry about Viruses, I've never had to run an anti-virus package to protect my Windows installs yet. I've been a MS developer since *way* before Windows existed, and the only time I've had viruses is when I *deliberately* installed them to track what they were doing to the poor saps who got infected. You know why? I don't allow Windows to do the things that allow it to get infected.

Kendall

Well, not everyone has the knowledge that you have, as far as not letting Windows do what it does. And he was having trouble downloading the damn files, not installing them. Norton, and others, have a means for a company to tell them about new files, so that their anti-virus apps won't kill them when they are downloading, as far as I know. However, I haven't had the same trouble with any of the new files yet, and I'm using Norton Security Suite.

Dana