Stephanie 5 has ARRIVED!

Comments

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    edited December 1969

Hey guys, I have a question about the Keira files that I downloaded with the Pro Bundle. There's one that is a .dpc with all poser files inside of it. What's it's purpose? If Keira is for S5 Genesis, then why does it include Poser files? I must be missing something obvious.
    Thanks for any help.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,791
    edited December 1969

Martin_C said:
    I do not think you can even post an image of that much nudity :red:

I may be naive, but I'm not that naive... ;-)

It was a "pure text" question to DavidGB using nothing but "F" and "G" words that are written already on this thread. A lot...

So I guess I just ask the question again now and see what happens...

@ DavidGB:

Do we need to replace all 6 files under /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Female Genitalia/ or just the 4 files under /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Female Genitalia/UV Sets/ ?
    LOL! KNEW genital images not allowed but the uv map is just a series of lines which is why I asked
    the uv is just a blank square for Steph's anyway!

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

sapat said:
    Hey guys, I have a question about the Keira files that I downloaded with the Pro Bundle. There's one that is a .dpc with all poser files inside of it. What's it's purpose? If Keira is for S5 Genesis, then why does it include Poser files?

That vendor provides Poser material settings for folks that export Genesis shapes to Poser for final rendering. If you don't intend to export Genesis to Poser, then you don't need to install that optional installer.
  • Martin_CMartin_C Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

LOL! KNEW genital images not allowed but the uv map is just a series of lines which is why I asked

I don't want to nitpick, but it's not a question of the file content but actually the name of the file. DAZ happily installs folder/directories with the name of "Female Genitalia" on other people's computers... so I guess it's fair to assume that we are just as happily allowed to call the folder that way... (just kiddin') :-)
  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...the child character below was created with V4 and an injected Thorne character body shape as the base. Scaling of individual body regions and limbs was employed and there was no breaking of any joints or limbs or other mesh distortions. This was also done in Studio 2.3 which did not have the benefit of the Morph follower for clothing fits (clothing was all manually fitted). Yes it may have required more effort than working with Genesis, but it still worked.

Scaling V4's body parts works well with some scalings, others not so much, and also depending on which program she's used in.

Leg lengthening or shortening, for instance, is generally fine. However, in the example I mentioned above, where I was wanting to broaden a V4, V5 or S5 shaped Genesis's shoulders, using the provided dials for chest width, shoulder width and shoulder size I got just what I wanted, with those dials actually increasing the xscale of the chest and collars, increasing the scale of the collars, and decreasing the y and z scale of the collars; and the whole collar/armpit area was still great when I put the arms down at the figure's sides. In DS, copying the same scaling factors to a V4 and putting her arms down, the whole collar/armpit area was awful - worse even than default V4. And e.g. the Perfect V4 morphs in this case don't help as a lot of the mesh has shifted around where it is in relation to the joint, so the 'correction' of the Perfect V4 JCM is now moving vertices in what are now the wrong directions. And in Poser it's even worse: on putting the arms down, the shldr body parts are no longer lined up with the collars.

As I say, it depends what a user's particular needs are. But in the general case, Genesis works well through a wider range of body part proportion changes than V4, with the clothing just going with it, and the better bending of the Triax weight-mapped joints always present; wheras the add-on V4 bending improvement JCMs are too dependent on the V4 geomtery's relation to the default rig to work with some proportion changes, and doesn't apply to the clothes and their bending anyway.

If you can get what you want with V4, that's great. But it remains true that with Genesis you get a wider range of useable adjustments to the shape and proportions.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,766
    edited August 2012

Close up render of Stephanie 5 Model mixed with a little bit
    of Stephanie 3, Stephanie 4 and Tajga shapes and Keira materials applied to her.
    Click the image to see it enlarged.

SP5ModelMix07pic01Keira.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 289K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    sapat said:
    Hey guys, I have a question about the Keira files that I downloaded with the Pro Bundle. There's one that is a .dpc with all poser files inside of it. What's it's purpose? If Keira is for S5 Genesis, then why does it include Poser files?

That vendor provides Poser material settings for folks that export Genesis shapes to Poser for final rendering. If you don't intend to export Genesis to Poser, then you don't need to install that optional installer.
    Oooohhh, ok, thanks. Makes sense now. Much appreciated :)
  • Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

my video
    (MS, I noticed after rendering, your Lycan Hunter suit HAS A CAMEL TOE :red: how embarresing for the serious werewolf culler!)

Wendy don't blame me that's a generated morph maybe play with some of those dials LOL.
    The skirt I hate them they took forever to do and I couldn't do mirrored weight maps so I had to guess a bit from one side to the other. Well it was just an adventure and not really my cup of tea, but I like to have a go at everything.
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited August 2012

I've been doing a series of images under the collective title/theme of New Girl as new characters are released. This time it's Steph 5 in centre frame, with, clockwise from left front: SP4 Astrid , V5 Base, SP3 Peony and a custom dialled petite V4 I came up with before SP4 was released

Yet Another New Girl

Yet_Another_New_Girl.jpg
    800 x 1131 - 238K
    Post edited by DWG on
  • Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

very nice render artini and dwg

a quick render of s5 curvous and the base texture

s5_base_bikini.jpg
    600 x 800 - 142K
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot, thadeus72. I like how the face came up on your render.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...the child character below was created with V4 and an injected Thorne character body shape as the base. Scaling of individual body regions and limbs was employed and there was no breaking of any joints or limbs or other mesh distortions. This was also done in Studio 2.3 which did not have the benefit of the Morph follower for clothing fits (clothing was all manually fitted). Yes it may have required more effort than working with Genesis, but it still worked.

Scaling V4's body parts works well with some scalings, others not so much, and also depending on which program she's used in.

Leg lengthening or shortening, for instance, is generally fine. However, in the example I mentioned above, where I was wanting to broaden a V4, V5 or S5 shaped Genesis's shoulders, using the provided dials for chest width, shoulder width and shoulder size I got just what I wanted, with those dials actually increasing the xscale of the chest and collars, increasing the scale of the collars, and decreasing the y and z scale of the collars; and the whole collar/armpit area was still great when I put the arms down at the figure's sides. In DS, copying the same scaling factors to a V4 and putting her arms down, the whole collar/armpit area was awful - worse even than default V4. And e.g. the Perfect V4 morphs in this case don't help as a lot of the mesh has shifted around where it is in relation to the joint, so the 'correction' of the Perfect V4 JCM is now moving vertices in what are now the wrong directions. And in Poser it's even worse: on putting the arms down, the shldr body parts are no longer lined up with the collars.

As I say, it depends what a user's particular needs are. But in the general case, Genesis works well through a wider range of body part proportion changes than V4, with the clothing just going with it, and the better bending of the Triax weight-mapped joints always present; wheras the add-on V4 bending improvement JCMs are too dependent on the V4 geomtery's relation to the default rig to work with some proportion changes, and doesn't apply to the clothes and their bending anyway.

If you can get what you want with V4, that's great. But it remains true that with Genesis you get a wider range of useable adjustments to the shape and proportions.
    ...for myself the Gen4 figures have to do as my system does not support Studio 4 very well, and much of the new stuff has such large and detailed texture maps, that they usually crash the render process in 32 bit.

Just tried to render a scene yesterday that used one Vicky, one Steph, Ness' Harpsichord, two wall/window panels, two columns, and the floor from Jack's Baroque Grandeur (the older version) and it crashed every time (even when I tried to render it in two passes using pwCatch for capturing the shadows).

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

I'm glad she's out!

She's a nice figure and fun to work with. I'm not a huge fan of her default face, but she comes with alternates that mix and match extremely well. With the curvy and model options I prefer her to V5 in many ways.

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

One thing that seems to be missing on Genesis is a waist size morph like on V4. I can use the full body morphs to add some weight. Again I may be able to figure out some combinations of morphs to have the same effect.

You may want to see if some of the morphs in the freebie DieTrying morph set work for what you need: http://www.sharecg.com/v/58198/View/11/Poser/DieTryings-182-V4-Morphs-for-Genesis

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    One thing that seems to be missing on Genesis is a waist size morph like on V4. I can use the full body morphs to add some weight. Again I may be able to figure out some combinations of morphs to have the same effect.

You may want to see if some of the morphs in the freebie DieTrying morph set work for what you need: http://www.sharecg.com/v/58198/View/11/Poser/DieTryings-182-V4-Morphs-for-Genesis

There is also a waist width morph under Universal - proportions on the upper torso group on the parameters tab. (Not sure where it is, exactly, on the shaping tab since I don't use that)

edited December 1969

Stephanie 5 curvy has a beautiful face.
    Rendered in Daz Studio 4 Pro. Click the image to see it enlarged.

SP5Curvy22pic01.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 286K
    edited December 1969

very well done artini

love the curvy face too

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 672
    edited December 1969

Um S5 is still on sale isn't she? the entry for the sale is still there but when you click it it takes you to the category and it is all there but it only says 30% off above everything, and when you click on an item it gives full price.

edited December 1969

Malandar said:
    Um S5 is still on sale isn't she? the entry for the sale is still there but when you click it it takes you to the category and it is all there but it only says 30% off above everything, and when you click on an item it gives full price.

i'm seeing 30% both ways, but that ties with my PC discount, I was seeing 51% before, so it looks like the sale may be over.

edited December 1969

Thanks a lot, thadeus72.

edited December 1969

a quick render with vintage sari and s5 candace

candace is wonderful

s5_candace_sari.jpg
    600 x 800 - 236K
    edited December 1969

thadeus72 said:

candace is wonderful

Wow, definitely.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:

There is also a waist width morph under Universal - proportions on the upper torso group on the parameters tab. (Not sure where it is, exactly, on the shaping tab since I don't use that)

For the GenX users, a new outfit on Rendo (One Million Pearls) comes with a waist narrow and a cleavage morph which would potentially be very useful, particularly for period renders. Not as extreme as Ironman13's tight-lacer morph which only works in Poser, but would give something of the classic hourglass shape, once the morph got converted to Genesis.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...I should actually pick her up as I now have the final components i need to complete the workstation. The only thing is the NPMs still need to be updated before I try to create a Genesis/Steph5 based LeelaTeen.

However, she is Daz Original and I do have that 6$ PC coupon

-----

....well strike that idea Have to wait until there is another sale as 21$ just for the base figure (after applying the coupon) is more than I can afford at this juncture. Not really interested in the bundles as I mainly need her as a base for my own characters.

I miss the old gallery and gallery vouchers. That really helped me build my runtimes.

edited December 1969

Just finished a simple render with S5 Curvy to try her out. The hips were too much for me so I dialled them back, but with that proviso I rather like her.

S5_Curvy_Base.jpg
    652 x 1195 - 78K
    edited December 1969

DWG said:
    Just finished a simple render with S5 Curvy to try her out. The hips were too much for me so I dialled them back, but with that proviso I rather like her.

beautiful

wich hair do you use ?

edited December 1969

That's Pure Hair Wild with the PonytailLong morph at 100%

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

A couple of Candace renders. The one to the left was done in Daz Studio 4.5 with Portrait Studio. The render to the right was done in Reality 2.5 (Lux)

Composite.jpg
    700 x 350 - 141K
    edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:
    A couple of Candace renders. The one to the left was done in Daz Studio 4.5 with Portrait Studio. The render to the right was done in Reality 2.5 (Lux)

the two are well done !

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Artini said:
    Stephanie 5 curvy has a beautiful face.
    Rendered in Daz Studio 4 Pro. Click the image to see it enlarged.

While I don't really like the promos, S5 looks really nice in this image.