Iray Ghost Shader

BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
edited December 1969 in Freebies

Experimental Ghost Shader for Iray in DAZ Studio 4.8

http://www.sharecg.com/v/80867/browse/7/Material-and-Shader/DS-4.8-Iray-Ghost-Shader

Tip: Use a negatively dialed geoshell to avoid shining through eyes and mouth; apply shader to geoshell, too.

Tip Two: If you are using hair, or anything that has transparencies, apply the matching transparency map to Cutout Opacity (set to 1). This is what I did for the mane, fesslocks and tail in the promo image.

Comments

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885
    edited December 1969

Well Done.

Thx.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited December 1969

You're welcome. :-)
    I'll probably add more colors than the greenish shader to it, but I have to find out what color shade works, and what not.

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited December 1969

That looks really good. Thank You.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Thank you :-)

adding words so post will post ...

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

This looks like fun! Thank you!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

That's looking realy good now - I saw your WIP posts in the Iray thread too - I will certainly pick this up (I like the price too!) :-)

• LimunLimun Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

Thank you , work like charm

• I am not sure I got it right about the negatively dialed geoshell... Can you be a bit more specific please? (New to DS)

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159

outstanding

• I can't seem to get it to affect clothing, and hair.  And it's so faint?  Is there something that I can turn up to make it more "Vapor cloud" like?

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Oh cool - this looks awesome!!

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited September 2016

I can't seem to get it to affect clothing, and hair.  And it's so faint?  Is there something that I can turn up to make it more "Vapor cloud" like?

When you apply it what exactly are you applying it to?

For it to affect clothing, you need to select the clothes and the surfaces for them and apply it specifically to the clothing, separate from the figure...same with the hair.   Then you need to manually insert and transparency maps into the Cutout Opacity channel in the respective surfaces.

To change its 'density' play around with the Refraction and Translucency weights.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • lukon100lukon100 Posts: 761

Seriously, what does "negatively dialed" mean?

Does it mean that the geoshell is by default scaled to 100%, and that I should change that to -100%?

Insider terminology like this drives me nuts.

• lukon100 said:

Seriously, what does "negatively dialed" mean?

Does it mean that the geoshell is by default scaled to 100%, and that I should change that to -100%?

Insider terminology like this drives me nuts.

A new Geometry Shell has a Push Modifier applied, expanding or contracting by an amount set in cm - so presumably the suggestion is to apply a negative offset to the modifier.

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

So what is the name of the dial that i need to make negative called?

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 761
    jedijudd said:

So what is the name of the dial that i need to make negative called?

I don't have access to my computer that has Daz Studio on it right now, but I think the dial is called "Offset".

Also, my experiments wth using the geoshell to dim the eyes and mouth failed. The suggested trick doesn't work for me.

• GlennFGlennF Posts: 141

Mesh Offset.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153

Thank you Bee :)