I Need Couples Animations

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,180
edited December 2020 in Product Suggestions

This request may be way ahead of its time but I will toss it out there anyway...

In my case, I need particularly "male" couple animations.

In my experience, no one wants to see one person doing an animation.

They want to see two people interacting.

That is where the real drama and power is... Questions and answers...

I need male on male animations for my YouTube channel. Lots of them.

Guys walking down the beach hand in hand.

2 guys on the couch, one guy tousling the other's hair.

Guys dancing together "closely" slow dancing and waltzing.

I have a gay audience on YouTube of 100,000 people.

This is what they want, not singles.

If I did an animation of a single guy dancing, they would turn it off.

But all the Daz figures have different heights, shapes and sizes.

These animations would need to address that so somehow, they would sync up. (save me some work)

Perhaps, I could just change the skin textures on them and the faces, hair, eyebrows, clothes...

You could base them all on the Genesis 8 body or specify exactly which bodies they are made for might be helpful.

Faces and skin could maybe be changed in some cases.

Genesis 8 body is a bit plain compared to some other bodies that have a tiny bit more definition. 

Guys running together in slow motion and hugging in a field.

Guys rolling over in bed and kissing goodnight or morning.

Guys looking at each other with cute expressions.

I can't do anything with most of the singles animations, they are too solo. I need "male" couples interacting and a lot of it.

It is very complicated making this myself, but someone with a studio who could choreograph actors to do these animations would be VERY helpful

I would probably buy as many as you could make...

A guy getting down on his knee and proposing to another man.

Placing rings on fingers.

A guy cutting a wedding cake and feeding the groom/husband some cake.

Guys laying on a blanket with sunglasses in the sun and looking over at each other and smiling. 

Scenes that I could render into clips, clips that I could assemble into a story drama with a love song.

Guys in a tub together washing the other's back.

All of the classic moments from gay/straight romance films.

A guy crying on another guy's shoulder.

And then making up... saying, "I'm sorry. I love you."

Snuggling on the couch eating popcorn.

Talking to each other with loving hand gestures.

Like, "The Sims". Just think, The Sims and how they interact. That is the best animation... "Interaction and contact".

Lips moving, expressions but not saying anything in particular just indicating conversation, flirting, wooing. Exaggerated hand gestures, the stove is on fire! Call 911!

The toilet just overflowed. It did? Did you look for a job? Yes! I got a promotion! Yay!!!

Sitting together on a park bench, hand goes on the leg. Playing footsies. lol

Fingers walking...

I now have Filament but no gay couples animations... :(

Of course, the same goes for hetero couples but my gay audience would not go for that at all.

Try some couple’s animations please, at least if we had the basic templates, we could alter them to fit.

A lot of times they would not need to even touch, just respond to each other, "mirror or reactive animations".

Responsive.

Couples is where the genuine practical interest lies.

Dforce clothing, hair and getting it to work smoothly across an animation is also a logistical consideration/concern.

Thanks. :)

Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,180

:)

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Are those lyrics to a song?

edited December 2020

Sevrin said:

Are those lyrics to a song?

Hello Sevrin, if you are referring to the blurb I wrote at the top of the thread, no, they are not a song they are a request.

I need gay male couples animations.

I am a songwriter so maybe that is why it appears like a song. lol

I like to break my lines up so they are easier for people to read.

The video is one I edited from a movie.

I would love it if I had these moves in the video as animations for my figures.

Just an example, my YouTube channel is full of couples who would be great models for animations.

Thanks for the inquiry.

:)

Post edited by RexRed on
  • EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,069
    edited December 2020

I think slow dancing animations for Genesis 3 and 8 male and female would be a great idea as well.

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on
  • joeyjrjoeyjr Posts: 2

I couldn't agree more! We totally need more gay poses / animations for male characters. Daz is so focused on females ... they have eveything imaginable for straight people and female characters but when it comes to the male characters and particularly gay themed content there is hardly anything available. Where is the diversity and inclusion? I'm trying to make a music video where two male characters embrace and kiss at the end and guess what... I can't find anything other than a couple of poses. Even gay themed clothing is missing. I have had to resort to either designing clothing myself or going to other websites. I hope someone at Daz is listening to this thread... it's time... we need a gay section of Daz content on the store... filled with characters, clothing, poses, animations...everything.

• TogireTogire Posts: 402

The truth is that there are very few (no?) animations with two people, either straight or gays. All the anims that I know, including danse only involve one person (though you could probably find at rotica some anims that would make me wrong). Tweaking a couple pose can be painful due to figure variety, but it would be worse for an anim.

• I think I am going to start working on making couples animations.  I have been looking for a while it is time to just make them myself.  It might take a while but I am up to the challenge.  

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,315

Togire said:

The truth is that there are very few (no?) animations with two people, either straight or gays. All the anims that I know, including danse only involve one person (though you could probably find at rotica some anims that would make me wrong). Tweaking a couple pose can be painful due to figure variety, but it would be worse for an anim.

This is exactly the issue,  if you tweak a perfect animation of two character interacting, making contact with each other, no poke through, using the base genesis standard,  any slight variation with various character morphs on the USER's machine will immediately require a frame by frame redo given the nature of these tools.  The usefulness of couples animation is limited to the base genesis size and proportions. With the vast array of character morphs out in the Daz World,  there would instantly be lots of complaining on how inaccurate the product is. 

Not worth the aggravation.

• I think animations for couples dancing (particularly slow dancing) would be a wonderful idea, but the problem is, it would take so much work.

edited January 2023

Yes, I realize that this would take a lot of work.

First you would need to specify the "exact" dimensions and starting positions of your figures. Genesis 9 seems to have headed in that direction with morphable sexes.

If the animations would be for two males or two females, they would need to be about the same size where a female is often smaller than a male. So only the male/female couples might have a height disparity.

It would need to be perfect so there is no need for massive tweaking.

Preferably the male and female are sexy and reasonably toned and, you could change their face maybe to suit your own need. Perhaps add or remove breasts without changing the rest of the figure size or proportions.

With releasing the animations, they would maybe be part of a bundle containing the dancer/lover figures as well as a series of animations (with more to come).

You could change the faces, skin, hair, clothing, and props and that is all that might be possible for alterations. That would be fine, I think.

Maybe you could convert one of the hetero couples to male/male or female/female if the height difference is okay. Or maybe there could be a converter.

We need AI smart enough to just make this happen.

AI could probably do better with making hair and clothing as well (someday).

Even with the best animation you would still need to animate hair movement or use deforce hair and clothing. This will take a lot of simulation and a ton of attention to detail.

Someday maybe a computer AI can look at a film and draw out the splines and create the interaction. Have it analyze your figures and create the custom animation to fit them.

I might be barking at the moon at this point but maybe this is not as impossible or far away as it seems.  It is all just math, ergonomics and physics.

Thanks for all the wonderful responses peeps!

Post edited by RexRed on
  • gocuzerogocuzero Posts: 35
    edited April 2023

https://www.daz3d.com/aniblocks-1-sparring

this guy have some couple animation also remember dance animation in other page. 

Post edited by gocuzero on
  • plopsplops Posts: 71

joeyjr said:

I couldn't agree more! We totally need more gay poses / animations for male characters. Daz is so focused on females ... they have eveything imaginable for straight people and female characters but when it comes to the male characters and particularly gay themed content there is hardly anything available. Where is the diversity and inclusion? I'm trying to make a music video where two male characters embrace and kiss at the end and guess what... I can't find anything other than a couple of poses. Even gay themed clothing is missing. I have had to resort to either designing clothing myself or going to other websites. I hope someone at Daz is listening to this thread... it's time... we need a gay section of Daz content on the store... filled with characters, clothing, poses, animations...everything.

What's the distinction between straight and female?

• Dolce SaitoDolce Saito Posts: 148
    edited May 2023

plops said:

joeyjr said:

What's the distinction between straight and female?

It seems, in that context, he meant "male with female". Like hug/dance poses, etc. Just an assumption though. More like "... everything imaginable for straight couples and female characters..."

Post edited by Dolce Saito on
  • I'm actually wondering if some process similar to what LimbStick uses could be deployed to adjust couples-dances to work with differently sized dance partners.  Basically, something that tracks the positions of the hands and feet, and for that matter the shoulders and the waist, and whatnot in relation to the two characters as the animation-timeline progresses, and then shifts the hands and feet around accordingly.