DAZ Studio Pro BETA [Project Iradium] - RELEASE CANDIDATE 3 - version 4.8.0.53! **UPDATED**

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

I can't seem to get the IPR Aux Viewpoint to render in this version - everything else seems fine.
    Should it be working or do we need to do something to turn it on in this version?

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Damsel said:
    Argh! OK, computer crashed one too many times, and I had to get a new C: drive put in. The Daz Studio execute is now on the F: drive, because the guy put in a new C drive, renamed the old C to F (So I wouldn't lose countless gigs of downloaded content). I put in a shortcut pointing at the F drive and the exe file. Seemed to work: Daz Studio 4.7 runs, as does Daz Stuido 4.8 32 bit public build. But the 62 bit build throws an error that says the file can't run because msvcp100.dll is missing, and I need to reinstall. Only when I try to do it, I can't seem to pull up the beta download. Yeah, yeah, I have both display hidden and the box for public build checked. Still no file. So I went hunting it, although I purchased it, when I go to click on the download box, it gives me a file not found.

I intended to use my render computer, on which I was logged in at the Daz site, to go post on the forums. Only the forum says I'm not logged in. So I hit log in, and it promptly takes me to my account file, where I am indeed logged in. WTF?!!!! So I got on my laptop, and was able to get on the forum and post this message. This crap is giving me a headache. What's the deal? Are y'all trying to gaslight me or what?!

When you replace the C: Drive your paths are incorrect. You have to reinstall your software, and not just your software from DAZ 3D. That is normal. Further if a bad hard drive was causing crashes, then you want to get your data off that drive as soon as possible.
    edited May 2015

I can't seem to get the IPR Aux Viewpoint to render in this version - everything else seems fine.
    Should it be working or do we need to do something to turn it on in this version?
    Make sure your render settings say you are in 3Delight.

Note you can also set, if your computer has enough power but not enough to use it in the main viewport, your viewport mode for the aux viewport to Iray drawstyle, if you wish to use the Iray render engine and the Aux viewport for preview. .

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
    edited December 1969

For me, the Styles are all messed up. All the menu icons have disappeared. Everything is white with black text. I don't even see tabs... just black text on white.

My default views in the Viewport are completely different from what they were in the previous build... and there's no icons whatsoever in the Viewport.

So how do I go back a build? This one is 100% unusable because the entire interface has gone crazy even if I can click & do things (since I generally know where things are in Daz).

EDIT: Ok, DIM is loading more stuff now. Don't know what is going on, but hopefully this fixes the issue.

EDIT2: Okay, looking normal again.

EDIT3: Are you kidding me? Now I can't render anything. Iray immediately crashes & burns.

Access violation with the dzshaderbuilder.dll module.

Those are the symptoms of Installing DS, or the plug-ins while DS is running.

Make sure DS is off. (Check task manager.) Uninstall DS (Bets only if that is the only one with the issue) and all the plug-ins for the version of DS that you uninstalled (Beta presumed). Install DS and plug-ins.

You should be fine.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,672
    edited December 1969

Using 3Delight or iray? The IPR won't work in Iray - it's a 3Delight feature - but you can set the Aux Viewport to use the Iray preview mode while using one of the faster modes in the main viewport to have the same workflow.

edited May 2015

Ostadan said:
    I just moved to a new computer (recent iMac with NVidia 4gig GPU), and updated DS4.8. Two anomalies so far. In one case, after applying a non-Iray-shader material to a figure (DAZ Dragon 3 - why don't its eyes look right in Iray??), the Iray renders came up completely blank. I have not tried to reproduce a case for a bug report yet. The other thing was a complete iMac crash after 95% complete Iray. I haven't seen the grey screen of death in years. I decided that, although ambient temperature was cool, it was possible that running both CPU with 8 threads and the GPU running full bore, the system decided it was getting too hot. I made the renders GPU only, and have not seen a repeat. The only system.log message prior to the crash was a system.log message griping about DS burning too much CPU.

The Eye surfaces for the dragon need to be adjusted. Try applying the water-Thin shader to the reflection surface and see if that improves things for you.

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • ChuckdozerChuckdozer Posts: 453
    edited December 1969

What about my question on distant lights in Iray? Last I read or heard only the Point and Spot lights worked as photometric in DS... but I do see photometric options for the distant light in the interface. I know Iray supports distant lights in other applications.... so are they geared now to work in DS Iray?

edited December 1969

What about my question on distant lights in Iray? Last I read or heard only the Point and Spot lights worked as photometric in DS... but I do see photometric options for the distant light in the interface. I know Iray supports distant lights in other applications.... so are they geared now to work in DS Iray?

A distant light, since it has no falloff, is not a real world light, so therefore not photometric. (Though it does work in Iray.)

• ChuckdozerChuckdozer Posts: 453
    edited December 1969

Ah! No falloff. That would explain why lee_lhs had to turn the lumens down so low :)

• legarclegarc Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

Is the Cloud feature going to enable us to really make use of Iray cloud rendering farm services currently available? Am I understanding that correctly? Is this a feature albeit in beta that is functional now?

edited December 1969

User812 said:
    Is the Cloud feature going to enable us to really make use of Iray cloud rendering farm services currently available? Am I understanding that correctly? Is this a feature albeit in beta that is functional now?

This version is for connections to one or more of NVIDIA's Visual Computing Appliances (VCA), so if the particular cloud service you are using, uses those then it should work now.

What the future holds? Sorry, no crystal ball here. :)

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

OK, it's probably something obvious, but I still don't see it for download?

missing2.jpg
    1196 x 481 - 95K
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    OK, it's probably something obvious, but I still don't see it for download?

trying deleting the sku and type beta

edited May 2015

OK, tried it, but still blank...?

EDIT: If I go to the product in my account, all it shows is the:

1) Scene Builder for DAZ Studio Public Build +Beta+
    2) Public Beta Iray Support Content

If I click the bigger button, this is what shows up in the Install Manager

download.jpg
    581 x 705 - 109K
    Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    OK, tried it, but still blank...?

EDIT: If I go to the product in my account, all it shows is the:

1) Scene Builder for DAZ Studio Public Build +Beta+
    2) Public Beta Iray Support Content

If I click the bigger button, this is what shows up in the Install Manager

my guess is you have to "buy it" for the high price of $0.00
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited May 2015

Damsel said:
    I intended to use my render computer, on which I was logged in at the Daz site, to go post on the forums. Only the forum says I'm not logged in. So I hit log in, and it promptly takes me to my account file, where I am indeed logged in. WTF?!!!! So I got on my laptop, and was able to get on the forum and post this message. This crap is giving me a headache. What's the deal? Are y'all trying to gaslight me or what?!

...same situation but the opposite for me since yesterday as I can log on from the workstation but not my notebook.

Considering I changed no settings related to Daz3d on the notebook I find it odd. Don't like using the workstation for the forums as being online takes valuable resources (CPU, GPU, memory) away from scene work and rendering. Also I tend to read the forums while a render process is cooking or pull up tutorials/information while working on a scene (which I have been doing a lot with Iray). .

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

...so far 0.44 has been working OK (save for the "white screen/black screen" issue when loading a scene). Always get a bit apprehensive when others mention about issues/errors with a new release update as once installed there is no rolling back.

• 8eos88eos8 Posts: 170
    edited December 1969

The newest version has been working ok for me as long as I don't turn caustics on (which is what I was doing Friday when I kept getting crashes).

edited December 1969

...in viewing the changelog, I notice a lot of the updates have to do with the Shader Mixer. Does this relate to stuff that goes on "behind the scenes" or for those who actively use the Shader Mixer to create/adjust shaders?

edited May 2015

All the pages say "Purchased", and it is in my product library, and here is the product page screenshot below. Is this what everyone else sees? Just two item there....

EDIT: added product library from left side of screen below as well

Purchased3.jpg
    314 x 356 - 33K
    Purchased2a.jpg
    677 x 687 - 126K
    Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • MusicplayerMusicplayer Posts: 515
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Damsel said:

...same situation but the opposite for me since yesterday as I can log on from the workstation but not my notebook.

Considering I changed no settings related to Daz3d on the notebook I find it odd. Don't like using the workstation for the forums as being online takes valuable resources (CPU, GPU, memory) away from scene work and rendering. Also I tend to read the forums while a render process is cooking or pull up tutorials/information while working on a scene (which I have been doing a lot with Iray). .

I am having this problem too and submitted a support ticket on Friday. Was told they were working on the forums and should be working within the next day. Guess because it is the weekend it is still not working and I can only access the forums using a different computer.
    Worrying to see that my accounts username had been changed to something else, so will need to update the support ticket when Daz Staff are back in the office on Monday.

Cheers.

edited December 1969

...looks like they have it fixed as I am back on the notebook again.

• MusicplayerMusicplayer Posts: 515
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...looks like they have it fixed as I am back on the notebook again.

How strange, I just logged back into my account on the computer I use for my 3d art and it's working for me too. Wonder if logging in on a different computer did some sort of re-set, or if someone at Daz saw these comments just now, and even though it is Sunday, managed to remotely fix the problem.

Oh well, that's good news, and thanks Kyoto Kid for the update, and to Daz for the fix.

Cheers :-)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Little OT but boy oh boy... I hope you guys aren't blowing your wad on goodies with probably the next version being the ultimate upgrade to DS 5!

edited December 1969

Popped back by for any updates...no worries about the broken Install Manager. Looks like too many bugs yet anyway for the Beta. I'll wait for the manual download, when it's released. I never use that install manager anyway.

edited May 2015

...OK, I take back what I said earlier about ver. 0.44 working fine.

Just had Daz freeze up in a "Not responding" mode that was so bad it locked up my entire system for nearly forty minutes to the point I couldn't even access Windows Task Manager to shut it down. When everything finally returned to "normal" the I was able to open Task manager and saw the programme was using only about 3GB of memory (out of 12). However, for some odd reason, it was hitting the HD constantly throughout the incident as well as several times during the session causing me to receive several "High Disk Usage" warnings. As a matter of fact, the programme been sluggish all day long.

With the programme now closed I am looking at six instances of the PostgreSQL server process running.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited May 2015

Has 4.8.0.51 been deployed to DIM? I'm running .44 and no update available.

3doutlaw said:
    Popped back by for any updates...no worries about the broken Install Manager. Looks like too many bugs yet anyway for the Beta. I'll wait for the manual download, when it's released. I never use that install manager anyway.

One last thing to try is to make sure the Daz Studio 4.5+ filter is also checked. 4.5+ specific items don't show up without that enabled.
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • LeggyBlondLeggyBlond Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

I don't seem to have any Phoometric Lights in my Create menu..any ideas anyone?

Barbara

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,585
    edited December 1969

I don't seem to have any Phoometric Lights in my Create menu..any ideas anyone?

Barbara

Each light is now switchable to photometric mode, to get the lumens setting etc.

• jpb06tjpb06t Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Has 4.8.0.51 been deployed to DIM? I'm running .44 and no update available.

In the change log for 4.8.0.51 there is the item "Merged development branch into trunk" so I presume that the official release is just a bugfix cycle or two away.