DAZ Studio Pro BETA [Project Iradium] - RELEASE CANDIDATE 3 - version 4.8.0.53! **UPDATED**

Comments

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

SpyroRue said:
    HAHA! Well no I wouldn't just call it specifically "Daz 4.8 bug" :lol:

I shall send it with the daz studio log as well, thank you Spooky :)

You would be amazed at how many are indeed titled with that title. LOL.
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

SpyroRue said:
    HAHA! Well no I wouldn't just call it specifically "Daz 4.8 bug" :lol:

I shall send it with the daz studio log as well, thank you Spooky :)

You would be amazed at how many are indeed titled with that title. LOL.

Nope...I'd be amazed if none of them had that as their title.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

lee_lhs said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...has anyone else been experiencing the application window going white and then black with a "Not Responding" message when loading a scene like I have been getting? Don't want to submit a support ticket if it is an isolated situation.

Also getting the "Not Responding" message when performing other functions like cancelling a render processor applying an LIE overlay.

Yes, I do get that quite often. Most of the time, it's when I stop a render very early on, but it has also happened during opening of the scene.
    I usually wait a bit, and then it continues after a couple of seconds, as it sorts itself out. I chalked it up to my system not having sufficient RAM to handle operations...
    ...my system has 12GB and 1GB GDDR5 on the GPU. Though, it never occurred with the original beta release (4.8.0.4).

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

DS doing it to me all the time even before .. no news , I think the non responding time is when DS write the temporary files down

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...has anyone else been experiencing the application window going white and then black with a "Not Responding" message when loading a scene like I have been getting? Don't want to submit a support ticket if it is an isolated situation.

Also getting the "Not Responding" message when performing other functions like cancelling a render processor applying an LIE overlay.

edited May 2015

...didn't have this happen in earlier versions like 4.6, 4.7 either. Only started with 4.8.0.9.

So considering your system most likely has more horsepower than mine (as you are working with more high definition high polycount models than I), I can safely isn't just a system memory or GPU issue then.

Hate getting that full "white" screen as it is almost blinding.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited May 2015

I love the IRay View! It gives a nice fast render that looks great without having to even add lights! I love that all I have to do is change a few camera inspired settings for lighting. Bravo, Daz. Bravo.

Post edited by Mr Bowen on
  • edited December 1969

The latest beta and IRay are both working for me like a lovingly restored vintage sports car...fast, stable, rock solid and completely reliable. Neither has put a wheel...er foot out of place since I installed them. I'm sorry I bought Reality last month; that thing crashes and hangs almost every single use.
    So far, so great! Thanks Daz.

edited May 2015

Mr Bowen said:
    I love the IRay View! It gives a nice fast render that looks great without having to even add lights! I love that all I have to do is change a few camera inspired settings for lighting. Bravo, Daz. Bravo.

...for me I rarely use the Iray view as I have an older 1GB GPU and screen refreshes (like when moving a prop or camera) can take a long time, particularly if a scene has a lot of geometry and textures.

For the scene I am currently working on, it is faster to just start a small test render (doesn't need to finish) to check lighting and character/prop placement than wait for the screen to refresh.

Need a beefier GPU, but don't have the funds for that yet.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 1969

I have not used beta much at all but I noticed all my support asset saved autofitted legacy M4 clothes does not fit G2M in it. and smoothing collision not working properly.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Oh, that's not good. Among the last things I did were items like that. Have you submitted a ticket as they definitely need to work on that before the full release.

CHEERS!

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

...have you considered in a future version, changing the ICO of a .duf scene file to use the same as the PNG image upon save...so that when we File->Open we see the images of the scenes as the .duf ICO, and not a generic DUF icon? :)

• em53em53 Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

Unless I am misunderstanding what you want, mount your scene save folder in the Content Library. Then you will see your saved scenes by their .png files and you can open them from there by double clicking instead of using File/Open.

edited December 1969

Yep, have done that, thanks! :)

I just have this crazy habit of going to File->Open when I want to open a file. I must have picked that up somewhere? ;-) (friendly sarcasm)

Unfortunately, I don't use a single "scene" directory. If I did it would be gi-normous! That is why that method does not work as well for me.

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,178
    edited December 1969

Build 4.8.0.51 has now been made available through the Public Build channel. The original post has been updated to reflect the update. See the Change Log for more details.

Note: As with the previous Release Candidate build, the change log indicates bug fixes and minor [risk] improvements that have occurred in builds later than this one (4.8.0.51). These later builds may not be available through the Public Build channel prior to the General Release. However, they are certain to be tested via the Private Build channel prior to replacing the General Release.

-Rob

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:
    Build 4.8.0.51 has now been made available through the Public Build channel. The original post has been updated to reflect the update. See the Change Log for more details.

Note: As with the previous Release Candidate build, the change log indicates bug fixes and minor [risk] improvements that have occurred in builds later than this one (4.8.0.51). These later builds may not be available through the Public Build channel prior to the General Release. However, they are certain to be tested via the Private Build channel prior to replacing the General Release.

-Rob

Just noticed when I was installing something new; I saw a brief flash of beta and thought cool another update.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited May 2015

rbtwhiz said:

-Rob

If there was nothing else in this update, I'd do it just for the 'zoom to fit' for ShaderMixer.

Which version of 3DL is in it?

And this build should include the ShaderBuilder fix, right?

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

OK, so I figured RC2 is good enough to try...but it does not show up in the Install Manager for me, following the directions on the first post, or the directions on the Product Library page? I did get the 14.4mb of support files for iRay, but thats all.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,061
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    OK, so I figured RC2 is good enough to try...but it does not show up in the Install Manager for me, following the directions on the first post, or the directions on the Product Library page? I did get the 14.4mb of support files for iRay, but thats all.

Two quick checks, both in DIM. First, on the download tab, check the 'show hidden' box and see if the beta shows up. Next, click on the gear icon, top right corner, to go into setup; click on the 'downloads' tab and scroll all the way to the bottom - make sure that 'public build' has been selected. (that's what has been getting most people).

• 8eos88eos8 Posts: 170
    edited December 1969

This build has been a bit unstable for me so far. I just filed my 4th crash report tonight. :/

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

For me working just fine and so much faster some way..

8eos8 said:
    This build has been a bit unstable for me so far. I just filed my 4th crash report tonight. :/
  • The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited May 2015

For me, the Styles are all messed up. All the menu icons have disappeared. Everything is white with black text. I don't even see tabs... just black text on white.

My default views in the Viewport are completely different from what they were in the previous build... and there's no icons whatsoever in the Viewport.

So how do I go back a build? This one is 100% unusable because the entire interface has gone crazy even if I can click & do things (since I generally know where things are in Daz).

EDIT: Ok, DIM is loading more stuff now. Don't know what is going on, but hopefully this fixes the issue.

EDIT2: Okay, looking normal again.

EDIT3: Are you kidding me? Now I can't render anything. Iray immediately crashes & burns.

Access violation with the dzshaderbuilder.dll module.

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited May 2015

Everything went fine... until I added a distant light in my Iray. Then everything turned quite psychedelic.
    I can just imagine that it has to do with the amount of light emitted from the distant light, but changing the settings (any of the light settings for the distant light) keeps me with the same result. It also is no difference if I change from Domew/scene to scene only. Just Dome lights work fine, though.
    It worked fine in the previous version.
    Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Or is this one for the bug report?

EDIT: Okay... I found out that you have to turn down the light (Lumen) has to be turned down from 1500 (default setting) to 10 Lumen or lower. :roll:

Weirdness.JPG
    1821 x 1029 - 366K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • ChuckdozerChuckdozer Posts: 453
    edited December 1969

lee_lhs said:
    Everything went fine... until I added a distant light in my Iray.

Do distant lights function as photometric in Iray? I thought it was only the spot and point lights?
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

I just moved to a new computer (recent iMac with NVidia 4gig GPU), and updated DS4.8. Two anomalies so far. In one case, after applying a non-Iray-shader material to a figure (DAZ Dragon 3 - why don't its eyes look right in Iray??), the Iray renders came up completely blank. I have not tried to reproduce a case for a bug report yet. The other thing was a complete iMac crash after 95% complete Iray. I haven't seen the grey screen of death in years. I decided that, although ambient temperature was cool, it was possible that running both CPU with 8 threads and the GPU running full bore, the system decided it was getting too hot. I made the renders GPU only, and have not seen a repeat. The only system.log message prior to the crash was a system.log message griping about DS burning too much CPU.

edited December 1969

OK.

Finally got my Iray to not die by disabling the Shader Builder plug-in.

It wasn't an issue for me prior to this build, but it made Iray crash/burn this time around.

edited December 1969

Ostadan said:
    I just moved to a new computer (recent iMac with NVidia 4gig GPU), and updated DS4.8. Two anomalies so far. In one case, after applying a non-Iray-shader material to a figure (DAZ Dragon 3 - why don't its eyes look right in Iray??)...

Eyes & hair have been an interesting case for me as well.

One thing I noticed with the "roughness" dial is that a more rough surface makes it all more fuzzed out, so you'll get that white (or whatever color you are using) sheen over the whole surface with a more rough slider. (So this is mostly talking about Glossy Roughness & Top Coat Roughness) With the eyes, I get an odd cataract look with high roughness settings.

Sometimes I have to dial back the roughness to get the smaller points of reflected/glossy/top coat light that I want. Otherwise, you get big blobs of reflected light Some eyes & especially some hairs just react differently to different roughness settings.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited May 2015

(DELETED initial problem, found solution)

EDIT: Okay, now this is getting officially weird.
    I was trying to render to movie instead of image series. When I tried to cancel, it kept going on (probably making empty images?) rendering, and pops up messages of movement of body parts....
    Is it supposed to do that? I had expected it to stop the entire process, rather than still trying to create the 500 frames...

cancelllll.JPG
    459 x 412 - 40K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

Possibly a brain-dead moment, lol. I thought I did the 0.51 update, to try out that 3delight time thing... Yet the log shows it as 4.8.0.44. I'll look at that in a second. Oh, the log is not scrubbed every start now, very good.

Total Rendering Time: 50 minutes 7.14 seconds (Not Bad, it took over 4 hours in Studio4.6).

In another note. The text edit function appears to be fixed for the 3delight Render size settings, YET, Not for the render file name field. (Getting there, Pleas don't Stop Fixing stuff).

My apologies spows_crew and others. I didn't bring ALL my heard-drives and computers with me, so I can't do much, and Iray lights I just don't have answers to, nor time to figure it out again here. Morning coffee consumed, I must run. Have fun y'all, and enjoy.

Studio4_8_0_51__LogNotScrubbedNow_Yes_001.png
    1496 x 857 - 520K
    CrayGen_01001BigGuns01015naked20_3DL_001_Render_1.jpg
    2000 x 1200 - 2M
  • DamselDamsel Posts: 374
    edited December 1969

Argh! OK, computer crashed one too many times, and I had to get a new C: drive put in. The Daz Studio execute is now on the F: drive, because the guy put in a new C drive, renamed the old C to F (So I wouldn't lose countless gigs of downloaded content). I put in a shortcut pointing at the F drive and the exe file. Seemed to work: Daz Studio 4.7 runs, as does Daz Stuido 4.8 32 bit public build. But the 62 bit build throws an error that says the file can't run because msvcp100.dll is missing, and I need to reinstall. Only when I try to do it, I can't seem to pull up the beta download. Yeah, yeah, I have both display hidden and the box for public build checked. Still no file. So I went hunting it, although I purchased it, when I go to click on the download box, it gives me a file not found.

I intended to use my render computer, on which I was logged in at the Daz site, to go post on the forums. Only the forum says I'm not logged in. So I hit log in, and it promptly takes me to my account file, where I am indeed logged in. WTF?!!!! So I got on my laptop, and was able to get on the forum and post this message. This crap is giving me a headache. What's the deal? Are y'all trying to gaslight me or what?!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited May 2015

No issues so far; previous ones relating to freezing when rendering hair have not yet been repeated.

Good job /nod

EDIT: just thinking, that is with previous build; not tried this one yet.

Post edited by nicstt on