Amazing Skins For Genesis 2 Females and For Genesis 2 Males [Commercial]

1234568»

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    edited April 2015

Happy Anniversary, Kadix! (And thanks for the sale too)

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • GallCommTVGallCommTV Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

Kadix said:
    Hello all!
    Just to mention today is my anniversary, my store is 2 years!

Congratulations, the K4's band send you their greetings!
    Oh!, and we bought during your generous sale too!
    Best regards, and many happy returns of this day!
    Vinny
    Congrats_Kadix.png
    986 x 559 - 604K
  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot to both of you!
    Lol Vinny, this image is a must have, I keep it preciously in my computer!

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565

I Know I'm massively late to the party, but I finally bought Amazing Skins recently, and I'd like first to make a comment, then ask a question.

First the comment. I am stunned by how good this product is! It really is amazing. Currently I'm finalising some G2F and M characters for a story I'm going to be rendering out (as personally the Genesis 2 figures beat the Genesis 3 figures on 4 out of the 5 criteria on which I judge figures for my use of them in DS), and I have to keep doing (supposedly) quick renders, not in the slightest artistic or for display, just to see details I can't in the OpenGL preview as I fine tune the characters, like the effect of bump maps and settings, normal maps, different displacement maps versus assorted HD morphs for vascularity details, whether my additions of things like scars and a tattoo to the maps from a bought character set are quite right etc. As I say, these renders are not in the slightest artistic. There's nothing in the scene beside a textured and morphed G2F  - no hair, clothes, props, set, ground, background or anything. And the only light is the default camera headlight, which is all I need to see what i need to see for what I'm doing at this point. With a 1280*720 render of the G2F from head top to mid thigh (so not even taking up the majority of the viewport), what I get is: (1) 3Delight render using the AoA shaders and settings that came with one of the texture sets I'm tinkering with, 24 minutes to complete; (2) 3Delight render using UberSurface shaders and setting that caame with the other texture set I'm tinkering with, also 24 minutes to complete; (3) Iray render (haven't finally decided yet whether to do the actual,story renderss in 3Delight or Iray) of the same texture maps but Iray shaders following using either the V3D or Sickleyield converter products ... never ran to completion, but at the 24 minute mark, while convereged enough for my purposes, was NOT converged enough to be considered finished enough (more convergence needed for the shadowed areas).

New paragraph for the punchline. (4) 3Delight render having applied Amazing Skins (just default, no extra fiddling) over either the AoA materials or the UberSurface materials ... 2 minutes 14 seconds.

2 minutes 14 seconds as against 24 minutes with AoA or Ubersurface with 3Delight, and more than 24 minutes with Iray renderer. That's ...staggering; better than a 10:1 speed increase. And makes my texture map tweak - render - compare result - tweak more - render again etc etc process MASSIVELY faster. (Of course those other render times do demonstrate what an underpowered computer I'm using for this ...)

Plus, not content with that ... OK, I'm not using proper scene lighting of any kind, just the camera headlight (there's no point at this stage - the story, when i get to the rendering, moves between quite a few different locations that will require VERY different lighting, from bright exterior desert through indoor electric light to caves by kerosene lantern), but just under the headlight the Awesome Skin render actually comes out with by far the best skin - not only better than the AoA and UberSurface renders, but better than the Iray one too, even when taking less than a tenth of the time!

I am ... impressed.

Now the question: If wanting to use the Awesome Skin shaders for 3Delight rendering of G3F, clearly I need to use the 06 Shader Versions folder shader presets, as one would with Genesis or V4. For most G3F surfaces, which of the shader presets to use is obvious, but there are a couple of surfaces I'm not too sure about. Which of the Amazing Skins shader presets should one use on a G3F's EyeMoisture (Tear?) zand Mouth surfaces.

DavidGB said:

I Know I'm massively late to the party, but I finally bought Amazing Skins recently, and I'd like first to make a comment, then ask a question.

First the comment. I am stunned by how good this product is! It really is amazing. Currently I'm finalising some G2F and M characters for a story I'm going to be rendering out (as personally the Genesis 2 figures beat the Genesis 3 figures on 4 out of the 5 criteria on which I judge figures for my use of them in DS), and I have to keep doing (supposedly) quick renders, not in the slightest artistic or for display, just to see details I can't in the OpenGL preview as I fine tune the characters, like the effect of bump maps and settings, normal maps, different displacement maps versus assorted HD morphs for vascularity details, whether my additions of things like scars and a tattoo to the maps from a bought character set are quite right etc. As I say, these renders are not in the slightest artistic. There's nothing in the scene beside a textured and morphed G2F  - no hair, clothes, props, set, ground, background or anything. And the only light is the default camera headlight, which is all I need to see what i need to see for what I'm doing at this point. With a 1280*720 render of the G2F from head top to mid thigh (so not even taking up the majority of the viewport), what I get is: (1) 3Delight render using the AoA shaders and settings that came with one of the texture sets I'm tinkering with, 24 minutes to complete; (2) 3Delight render using UberSurface shaders and setting that caame with the other texture set I'm tinkering with, also 24 minutes to complete; (3) Iray render (haven't finally decided yet whether to do the actual,story renderss in 3Delight or Iray) of the same texture maps but Iray shaders following using either the V3D or Sickleyield converter products ... never ran to completion, but at the 24 minute mark, while convereged enough for my purposes, was NOT converged enough to be considered finished enough (more convergence needed for the shadowed areas).

New paragraph for the punchline. (4) 3Delight render having applied Amazing Skins (just default, no extra fiddling) over either the AoA materials or the UberSurface materials ... 2 minutes 14 seconds.

2 minutes 14 seconds as against 24 minutes with AoA or Ubersurface with 3Delight, and more than 24 minutes with Iray renderer. That's ...staggering; better than a 10:1 speed increase. And makes my texture map tweak - render - compare result - tweak more - render again etc etc process MASSIVELY faster. (Of course those other render times do demonstrate what an underpowered computer I'm using for this ...)

Plus, not content with that ... OK, I'm not using proper scene lighting of any kind, just the camera headlight (there's no point at this stage - the story, when i get to the rendering, moves between quite a few different locations that will require VERY different lighting, from bright exterior desert through indoor electric light to caves by kerosene lantern), but just under the headlight the Awesome Skin render actually comes out with by far the best skin - not only better than the AoA and UberSurface renders, but better than the Iray one too, even when taking less than a tenth of the time!

I am ... impressed.

Now the question: If wanting to use the Awesome Skin shaders for 3Delight rendering of G3F, clearly I need to use the 06 Shader Versions folder shader presets, as one would with Genesis or V4. For most G3F surfaces, which of the shader presets to use is obvious, but there are a couple of surfaces I'm not too sure about. Which of the Amazing Skins shader presets should one use on a G3F's EyeMoisture (Tear?) zand Mouth surfaces.

Hi David.

What a wonderful and nice feedback! I'm happy to see that the results were a really nice surprise for you. I'm gifted to make products, sadely, I'm often not gifted to show how good they can be.

That's why users comments such as yours is so important.

For the question you asked, I have not tested at all the Amazing Skins on Genesis 3. Yes for The Eye moisture, Tear shader seems to be the best shader choice. For the inner mouth part, I would use the skin shader, but I would redure Highlight Larger "Horizontal" Specular and "vertical" one too (and adjust the strength if necessary) to give an impression of "wetness". I have not tested all this, and presently lack of time to do so, but intuitively this is what I would begin to do.

Oh by the way, I think it is better to apply them on 3Delight material, I have the feeling not everything may work correctly if you applied the Amazing Skins shader on Iray uber shaders..

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Just want to say that this thread made you a sale. I had been trying not to buy more stuff, but I've been frustrated with skins lately...

Doing my first poking around, but so far, so good.

(I have and like Skin Builder, but it really needs something like this to bring it to Iray effectively)

Just want to say that this thread made you a sale. I had been trying not to buy more stuff, but I've been frustrated with skins lately...

Doing my first poking around, but so far, so good.

(I have and like Skin Builder, but it really needs something like this to bring it to Iray effectively)

Thanks!!!!! But... To bring it to Iray? What do you mean? Because this is a 3Delight product. Do you mean to bring the 3Delight skin render to the level or Iray renders? I'm sorry this is probably clear for 90% of people but sometimes I don't understand all the expressions people say... such a "bring it to"... :(

Er, I was inspired to get your http://www.daz3d.com/iray-smart-converter-and-advanced-skin-managers-for-genesis-2

Because Skin Builder is 3DL, and needs some help to really bring it over nicely.

For the question you asked, I have not tested at all the Amazing Skins on Genesis 3. Yes for The Eye moisture, Tear shader seems to be the best shader choice. For the inner mouth part, I would use the skin shader, but I would redure Highlight Larger "Horizontal" Specular and "vertical" one too (and adjust the strength if necessary) to give an impression of "wetness". I have not tested all this, and presently lack of time to do so, but intuitively this is what I would begin to do.

Oh by the way, I think it is better to apply them on 3Delight material, I have the feeling not everything may work correctly if you applied the Amazing Skins shader on Iray uber shaders..

Thanks for the answer. For my initial testing I had assumed it would be better starting with a 3Delight material, so did so. In fact after noticing that the G3F texture set i wanted to try with Amazing Skins - which is buy a different PA but is made from the same original 3d.sk merchant resource as the main G2F textures I'm using at the moment, so is effectively a G3F version of those G2F textures - only has diffuse and bump maps, no specular or other maps, I ended up by starting from the 3Delight AoA materials for a G3F character made by the same PA as the main set I'm using on G2F, then swapped the diffuse and bump maps to the ones I'm interested in by the other PA but leaving in the (good) specular etc maps from the originally applied set, then applied the Amazing Skins shaders. It comes out very nicely as a G3F version of the Amazing Skins materials I'm liking so much on G2F.

I've never really payed much attention to exactly what geometry the Tear and EyeReflection materials were in G2F to then figure out which corresponds to the G3F EyeMoisture surface. I must have a proper look.

One other thing I'll be looking at is using maps in some of the HSV channels to add some tanlines ('farmers' arms' type from a t-shirt rather than bikini) - I'm presuming that will be possible.

Two other questions, if I may:

I see that you implimented the mutliple diffuse layers for tattoos etc you mentioned on the previous page of this thread (yes - over a year ago) in the Skin Masters products, but those are all labelled for particular Genesis 2 DAZ -6 figures, and only a few of them: Keiko, Darius and Monique. I'm ... not quite sure at the moment whether I would really need or use the extra functionality. Currently I add things like tattoos, freckles, scars etc directly to the diffuse, bump etc maps in GIMP or an antique version of Photoshop, while I put things that are ON the skin, like dirt, mud, blood etc on geometry shells, and I may well continue like this. But if I WERE to decide that the additional Skin Masters functionality would be useful, is there any one of them that woud be better to get for general use (and predominantly but not exclusively on caucasian skins),  given that I don't have and won't be getting Keiko, and am unlikely to use the Darius or Moniques materials.(I have them but mostly for the morphs, not the textures)?

And secondly ... most G2F and M materials don't come with SSS maps, but a few do, and of those that do, some are greyscale and some are colored (generally low rez and blurry but rather more saturated than the diffuse maps with e.g. red on fingertips and ears etc). I've noticed that Amazing Skins, when there are SSS maps with an AoA or UberSurface material, put them in the ambient channel but with the ambient strength at 0, so basically doesn't use them. I can certainly understand that with most texture sets not having SSS maps, Amazing Skins isn't set up to use them by default as you mostly couldn't rely on their being any. But I was wondering: could Amazing Skins actually make good use of them - either the greyscale sort or the colored sort - if I manually plugged them in somewhere, and if so, where shoudl they go?

Thanks.

Er, I was inspired to get your http://www.daz3d.com/iray-smart-converter-and-advanced-skin-managers-for-genesis-2

Because Skin Builder is 3DL, and needs some help to really bring it over nicely.

Oh OK, I was lost :) Good idea (Will, you have plenty of good ideas!)

DavidGB said:

Thanks for the answer. For my initial testing I had assumed it would be better starting with a 3Delight material, so did so. In fact after noticing that the G3F texture set i wanted to try with Amazing Skins - which is buy a different PA but is made from the same original 3d.sk merchant resource as the main G2F textures I'm using at the moment, so is effectively a G3F version of those G2F textures - only has diffuse and bump maps, no specular or other maps, I ended up by starting from the 3Delight AoA materials for a G3F character made by the same PA as the main set I'm using on G2F, then swapped the diffuse and bump maps to the ones I'm interested in by the other PA but leaving in the (good) specular etc maps from the originally applied set, then applied the Amazing Skins shaders. It comes out very nicely as a G3F version of the Amazing Skins materials I'm liking so much on G2F.

I've never really payed much attention to exactly what geometry the Tear and EyeReflection materials were in G2F to then figure out which corresponds to the G3F EyeMoisture surface. I must have a proper look.

One other thing I'll be looking at is using maps in some of the HSV channels to add some tanlines ('farmers' arms' type from a t-shirt rather than bikini) - I'm presuming that will be possible.

Two other questions, if I may:

I see that you implimented the mutliple diffuse layers for tattoos etc you mentioned on the previous page of this thread (yes - over a year ago) in the Skin Masters products, but those are all labelled for particular Genesis 2 DAZ -6 figures, and only a few of them: Keiko, Darius and Monique. I'm ... not quite sure at the moment whether I would really need or use the extra functionality. Currently I add things like tattoos, freckles, scars etc directly to the diffuse, bump etc maps in GIMP or an antique version of Photoshop, while I put things that are ON the skin, like dirt, mud, blood etc on geometry shells, and I may well continue like this. But if I WERE to decide that the additional Skin Masters functionality would be useful, is there any one of them that woud be better to get for general use (and predominantly but not exclusively on caucasian skins),  given that I don't have and won't be getting Keiko, and am unlikely to use the Darius or Moniques materials.(I have them but mostly for the morphs, not the textures)?

And secondly ... most G2F and M materials don't come with SSS maps, but a few do, and of those that do, some are greyscale and some are colored (generally low rez and blurry but rather more saturated than the diffuse maps with e.g. red on fingertips and ears etc). I've noticed that Amazing Skins, when there are SSS maps with an AoA or UberSurface material, put them in the ambient channel but with the ambient strength at 0, so basically doesn't use them. I can certainly understand that with most texture sets not having SSS maps, Amazing Skins isn't set up to use them by default as you mostly couldn't rely on their being any. But I was wondering: could Amazing Skins actually make good use of them - either the greyscale sort or the colored sort - if I manually plugged them in somewhere, and if so, where shoudl they go?

Thanks.

That's great to know it is also nice on G3.

Concerning the Tan Lines, the HSV slots can not be mapped. I never thought about this use, and on the time I made it, it was already a very complex shader, I was at the limit of what I could do.

In Skin Masters (Keiko, Monique, Darius) the HSV of the tattoo layers can use a map, this may be where you could plug some tan lines (as tattoos, you could create tatto images using the diffuse map of the figure in gimp, but you mask them in gimp of the 'tan lines' only, and export as png with transparency, and them apply them as 'less saturated' tattoos. Well this is theoretical, I have not tested at all.). Honestly, I remember I changed the shader between skin masters Keiko and Monique, but I'm unable today to remember what I did. You can use them on other figures than keiko. For this you have to CRTL + Click the main material (one of the presets without tattoo maps) and choose in the popup window to ignore map. Then you have to change the UV set (which will be set as the keiko one, so you have to pick up in the list of UV the one you had initially).

Second question.. Well.. No, the SSS cannot be mapped at all. I have no idea tonight what could be done with these maps. Maybe after a sleep an idea will come, but I think you have to forgot those maps.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. Hm. I was originally (before discovering what the Amazing Skins could do the other week and how i was now going to use it instead of the AoA shader i was using) just intending to tan the appropriate parts of the diffuse texture map one way or anothet in my old Photoshop or the GIMP ... maybe it will be simpler to just stick with that for now.

Anyway, thanks again for the great product, even if this is very late after you released it. It's making a big differennce preparing my characters for the story I'm going to be rendering as it is hands down the fastest way to do test renders of details that don't show up in the viewport of any 3Delight OR Iray solution i have. And i haven't made a final decision yet whetheer to render the actual story in 3Delight ot Iray; but there's certainly a good case to be made for 3Delight rather than Iray, and if I do go that way, your Amazing Skin shader will definitely be the 3Delight shader I'll be using for the story, not just the character work-up.

I was so impressed with Iray Converter, and frustrated with skins in 3DL, that I picked this up... and it's also awesome. Though it's SO different from standard shaders. Heh.

But it runs fast and looks great (unlike, say, AoA subsurface).

Is there any easy way to transfer the shader to geografted items?

Ok, VERY happy with the results. Though I had to raise the shading rate and Pixel sampling a bit to make it look decent, it still didn't take TOO long (I think 20-30 mins?)

DavidGB said:

Thanks for the reply. Hm. I was originally (before discovering what the Amazing Skins could do the other week and how i was now going to use it instead of the AoA shader i was using) just intending to tan the appropriate parts of the diffuse texture map one way or anothet in my old Photoshop or the GIMP ... maybe it will be simpler to just stick with that for now.

Anyway, thanks again for the great product, even if this is very late after you released it. It's making a big differennce preparing my characters for the story I'm going to be rendering as it is hands down the fastest way to do test renders of details that don't show up in the viewport of any 3Delight OR Iray solution i have. And i haven't made a final decision yet whetheer to render the actual story in 3Delight ot Iray; but there's certainly a good case to be made for 3Delight rather than Iray, and if I do go that way, your Amazing Skin shader will definitely be the 3Delight shader I'll be using for the story, not just the character work-up.

I'm really happy this could improve your workflow. :) Yes for the tan lines, I think keep doing it the way you did it previously.

I wish you a lot of success with the story you're about to render!

I was so impressed with Iray Converter, and frustrated with skins in 3DL, that I picked this up... and it's also awesome. Though it's SO different from standard shaders. Heh.

But it runs fast and looks great (unlike, say, AoA subsurface).

Is there any easy way to transfer the shader to geografted items?

Thanks, glad you like it!! Yes. Well I think there are 3/4 steps.

1. Set up the skin you want with Amazing Skins, and select the "torso" surface.

2. Once done, save as shader preset (if you have the option make "uncheck all maps"). AND uncheck also "UV set".

3. Select all geograft surfaces. If you unchecked all maps, simply double click this shader you just create. Otherwise, CTRL+double click it and make "ignore maps" as a choice.

Now "normally" the set up of the skin should be with the same properties on the geograft as on the torso. Let me know if there is an issue this way.

Ok, VERY happy with the results. Though I had to raise the shading rate and Pixel sampling a bit to make it look decent, it still didn't take TOO long (I think 20-30 mins?)

Very nice :) Normally it should be a fast rendering (but keeping quality) shader - what I especially wanted to remove was the initial "freeze" of the render.

• I'm confused by this product and it's seems it's just me.

I've tried every way of using Amazing Skins and I haven't managed to make a single change to my figure.

The most obvious thing I've tried is to load a scene from 08 Full Scenes with a character I own. Even in this scene I am unable to make any changes whatsoever. No presets do anything, no changes in the surface editor have any effect. I expected to be able to load one of the obvious colour presets and see something change. Nothing changes. Not even in the provided scenes.

I've loaded a Gen2 figure, used V3D_APPLIER_AmazingSkinG2M.duf, no presets have any effect.

I've tried using things like eyelash presets because a change in size should be more obvious, no change is made to the figure.

I had to come here because I ran out of things to try changing. Nothing works.

Such a broad question, but any ideas out there?

edited May 2016

I'm confused by this product and it's seems it's just me.

I've tried every way of using Amazing Skins and I haven't managed to make a single change to my figure.

The most obvious thing I've tried is to load a scene from 08 Full Scenes with a character I own. Even in this scene I am unable to make any changes whatsoever. No presets do anything, no changes in the surface editor have any effect. I expected to be able to load one of the obvious colour presets and see something change. Nothing changes. Not even in the provided scenes.

I've loaded a Gen2 figure, used V3D_APPLIER_AmazingSkinG2M.duf, no presets have any effect.

I've tried using things like eyelash presets because a change in size should be more obvious, no change is made to the figure.

I had to come here because I ran out of things to try changing. Nothing works.

Such a broad question, but any ideas out there?

OMG. The changes are still not made on the store pages. Do you use it with Iray or 3Delight? This is 3Delight product only. If you bought it and you are an Iray user, you have 30 days to return it. I'm sorry about this.

If it is too late (the 30 days), PM me, we'll discuss what we can do.

I've asked for an official "All Store Pages Update" so that is is now mentioned this is made for 3Delight.

Post edited by V3Digitimes on
  • Aaaaaahhhhhh. lol
    I only bought it today so I'll see how I go with 3Delight before I make a decision.
    I suspect I'll just render with 3Delight, I have no major attachment to IRay.

Thanks!

You're welcome!

Cool, good to know you're still a 3Delight user too. Maybe when you'll have tried these on 3Delight, you won't feel like going to Iray any more lol!

Let me know if you have any questions when using it in 3delight. They are pretty easy to use, but there is anyway a pdf documentation, a video documentation on youtube on this playlist, https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhMqfqgUaaeygUXocKh-PSx5Q7zWRobgB and of course, there is me on the forum.

I bought and enjoy Amazing skins, for 3dl, AND Iray skin converter (also V3), for Iray.

Both excellent. ;)

• MazhMazh Posts: 475

Hi,

sorry, I'm not going to read all these posts :)

Bought this product and it's really useful and it works perfect for me, with one exception.

After conversion there is another value for displacement in the new shader, which is simply called "Strength" and set > 0 for certain surfaces.

With (mostly) older V4 skins this could cause really weird issues, like gaps between the lips e.g.

How was this intended to work  (maybe an issue with newer Studio versions) ?

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited June 2018

maybe. it hasn't been noticeable in the past, and this is quite old. so it may be a new daz version thing, or something that was not an issue before. If there are no displacement maps at all, then the displacement map strength will not do much at all. Back then bump and normal was the common way to get surface texture, even on G3F displacement maps are rare.

There is the map, that gets adjusted by the "strength" setting and then that surface zone is displaced to the range of the 'min' and 'max' setting for that zone. My apologies if the description is lacking, it has been a really long day and I was just headed off to get some rest. I Hope that is of some help.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on

@ZarconDeeGrissom

no worries and thanks for the explanation :)

There's no map in the original "Displacement Strength" after conversion, but the new "Strength" parameter is set to 1, causing this "lip gap" issue.

No problem to fix it, was just wondering...

Displacement.jpg
    347 x 365 - 47K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300

maybe. it hasn't been noticeable in the past, and this is quite old. so it may be a new daz version thing, or something that was not an issue before. If there are no displacement maps at all, then the displacement map strength will not do much at all. Back then bump and normal was the common way to get surface texture, even on G3F displacement maps are rare.

There is the map, that gets adjusted by the "strength" setting and then that surface zone is displaced to the range of the 'min' and 'max' setting for that zone. My apologies if the description is lacking, it has been a really long day and I was just headed off to get some rest. I Hope that is of some help.

I'm not sure if I remember right but at one time( pre Genesis and Iray) DS didn't recognise Normal maps and used bump and displacement a lot more than today.

edited June 2018
    Mazh said:

Hi,

sorry, I'm not going to read all these posts :)

Bought this product and it's really useful and it works perfect for me, with one exception.

After conversion there is another value for displacement in the new shader, which is simply called "Strength" and set > 0 for certain surfaces.

With (mostly) older V4 skins this could cause really weird issues, like gaps between the lips e.g.

How was this intended to work  (maybe an issue with newer Studio versions) ?

Hi, 

yes "Strength" is the value of the displacement. This is what I call for myself a "free property of the shader", meaning that it respects the choice of the original PA who conceived the initial skin shader (for the skin presets of the product numbered 00 up to 16 and corresponding to "any Genesis 2 figures"). In practice, it means that those material presets will not change what was originally set as the displacement strength on the figure you work on. So it was intended to keep the initial value. I think if you have an issue with this, you simply have to set this strength parameter to 0. It is a very old product, it is not easy for me to remember it, but I am pretty sure setting this to 0 is fine. Now I realize that if you use the "SHADER" version (the one in the shaders category for "any figure", not the material appliers for Genesis 2) on Generation 4 the "strength" is not a "free property of the shader" any longer, and a displacement of 1 is automatically set up. This should not be the case, and I will update the product to make this property "free again" as soon as I can. I lack of time to do this right now, I still have a huge amount of work to get my product for September ready on time, but I will have a look as soon as my current work is over, this should be pretty easy to update. Thanks for making me discovering the "shader version" issue :) and sorry about it :(..

Thanks for your answer! Yes you're right, the displacement maps are really rare. The best thing is to set this property at 0 as soon as you don't have displacement maps for the original figure. This is not the case in the shader preset for the skin of the product, and this is in the updates schedule now.. For the material presets, it should be fine, the displacement is "untouched" but I will check this more precisely when I update the shader. 

Post edited by V3Digitimes on

@V3Digitimes

Thanks for this detailed answer,

there's no hurry to update it (at least not for me) I'm able to use it (and thanks for updating such an old product anyway)

I've used the "V3D_APPLIER_AmazingSkinG2F" when this happens.

Was just wondering that there is an extra Displacement "Strength" Value when there is already an map driven "Displacement strength" parameter in the shader,

which also accepts values in %, but maybe this came with an later Studio version.

P.S.Again, I like this product and it's really useful for me to convert my different skins (AoA, Ubersurface, DSdefault) to a common base...

Mazh said:

@V3Digitimes

Thanks for this detailed answer,

there's no hurry to update it (at least not for me) I'm able to use it (and thanks for updating such an old product anyway)

I've used the "V3D_APPLIER_AmazingSkinG2F" when this happens.

Was just wondering that there is an extra Displacement "Strength" Value when there is already an map driven "Displacement strength" parameter in the shader,

which also accepts values in %, but maybe this came with an later Studio version.

P.S.Again, I like this product and it's really useful for me to convert my different skins (AoA, Ubersurface, DSdefault) to a common base...

You're welcome. I have to check the whole brick network to confirm the influence of this. Now that you mention it, I wonder it the "strength" is not the addition of all bump, normal and displacement. I am not totally sure of it, I made this such a long time ago. I'll check everything when I update and I'll let you know my conclusion here. I'm really happy you find this shader useful, I spent such a huuuuuge amount of time on it...