Autofit asks me who the clothes are for but they are for the figure I put them on

I have some clothes for G8m. I select him in the scene and load the clothes, but then autofit appears and says they are unsupported and wants to know who the clothing was originally for. But I can't select G8M because he doesn't appear in the list. Is there some setting that I can change so the clothing will work right and load on the figure they were made for? Thanks.

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724

Some products have both a G3 and a G8 version, I've sometimes got that message when I accidently tried to apply the wrong one.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited March 2023

If everything else fails, you can use the bone transfer tool. But that would be eliminating the bend morphs created for the figure.

If you are certain you have selected the figure (G8) and not accidently selected another clothing item you already put on the figure, then the best option would be to put in a ticket so that DAZ customer support can contact the PA and have them repair the fit.

I often accidently have selected another clothing item/hair on the figure, and then try to load the next clothing item to the figure - but it tries to conform to the clothing item. Then I also, as you described, don't get the figure for selection, and get weird deformations, because autofit tries to fit  the clothing to whatever hair, shoes or other itrem I selected.

This also happens sometimes with hierachical fits, if you try to load several items to the figure at the same time. The solution would then be to load each item single. But as said, if you already ruled out these issues during your troubleshooting process, your best option would be to report it to DAZ.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,413

There are some G8.1 items as well that are unnecessarily set as G8.1 items and if one fits these to G8, autofit will ask that question.

• OK. Thanks. I've done that sometimes where I;ve had a clothing item selected then added another one autofix to the wrong thing. But I did have the figure selected. I was using G8.1M but the clothing was for G8M so maybe that's it. But most others seem to work. Maybe I'll try a help desk ticket.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794

I just skip the dialogue and see if it fits anyway 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,413

KevinH said:

OK. Thanks. I've done that sometimes where I;ve had a clothing item selected then added another one autofix to the wrong thing. But I did have the figure selected. I was using G8.1M but the clothing was for G8M so maybe that's it. But most others seem to work. Maybe I'll try a help desk ticket.

G8 clothing when fitted on G8.1 should not be asking the question

• I have tried fitting to different characters with mixed success. But today I didn't choose any options in the boxes, and clicked OK. And that one fit the best. 

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436

"Unsupported" is the option you want in this situation. It just works with the clothing as-is, without using a clone to adjust the shape.