sorry if this is exhausting you :(

I have another question, is there any long (like, REALLY REALLY LONG) hair or dress wearables that are free or really cheap?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,024

How long? Any particular styles?

• Tallulah LionessTallulah Lioness Posts: 27
    edited March 2023

If it's hair I want it to be extremely long-like down to the waist for instance-and if it's a dress I want it to be a sensible one T_T is nobody else here bothered by how...nude most of the starter stuff is?

Post edited by Tallulah Lioness on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,209

Oh forgot to mention on the other post, check the Daz freebie forum, Perlk has some great clothes you might like and they are freej.

• Ok. Thank you so much for all your help!

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
    edited March 2023

If you become a DAZ+ member (yearly membership sometimes is on sale for about $40 or even less), you can get thousands of products for a very low price, and sometimes discounted further as well.

E.g. this long hair is $4.99 which may be $2.99 or even less when on sale:

https://www.daz3d.com/fanta-sea-hair-for-genesis-8-females

fanta-sea-hair.png
    1265 x 851 - 1M
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142
    edited March 2023

Please edit and put the topic of the thread in the title as well as the first post.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982
    edited March 2023

Tallulah Lioness said:

If it's hair I want it to be extremely long-like down to the waist for instance-and if it's a dress I want it to be a sensible one T_T is nobody else here bothered by how...nude most of the starter stuff is?

Remember the thing about "commercial" use? Short stuff for girls is apparently what sells best, so short stuff for girls is what is in the store. Now you can go and ponder what type of commercial this is used for. wink

And yes, it does bother those of us who just want to do renders with normally clothed people in normal surroundings. You also won't find a lot of "decent work gear" clothing in the store, like first responders, construction workers, shop assistants.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • mdingmding Posts: 1,133

@Tallulah Lioness:

If you are interested in freebies, also take a look at the freebee challenges. There every participant has to list the freebies he or she used, so by now there are a lot of items to be found. At the beginning of the Main thread there are links to the older challenges btw. which you can skim for interesting and useful items.

And if you love freebies, why not participate in the challenge yourself?

Here's the link to the current challenge:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/624571/freebie-challenge-march-2023-magical-main-thread

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 4,979
    edited March 2023

As already mentioned elsewhere, Wilmap does free clothing, and it's all sensible length and coverage. Unfortunately Wilmap has retired from making new stuff (last year (paraphrasing) she said in the freebie forum that as she'd reached her early 70's, she'd done enough) and would not create much, if any, new clothing. See here: https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/.

Now, long hair, I like this one that works on G8F: https://www.daz3d.com/dragonfly-hair-genesis-3-female-s-genesis-2-female-s-and-v4. To use it to its full capacity, deselect all characters, load the G3 version, change the scene identifier for the hair to G8, then fit to G8F. It will then retain all the posing bones that make it workable and not have them overwritten by the default Autofit bones. Hope the suggestions are useful.

Regards,

Richard.

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • Tallulah Lioness said:

If you hang around here long enough you'll discover that "skimpwear" is a major thing ( the old NVIATWAS-or "naked Vickie in a Temple With a Sword" ). Still, there are some more modest outfits around. Try using the "contemporary" setting when you search the store. Click "People and Wearbles" at the top of the store window then on the left under "Categories" select "Genre" and then tick "Contemporary".smiley

• Ok, thank you, I'll be sure to try that yes

• Taoz said:

If you become a DAZ+ member (yearly membership sometimes is on sale for about $40 or even less), you can get thousands of products for a very low price, and sometimes discounted further as well.

E.g. this long hair is $4.99 which may be $2.99 or even less when on sale:

https://www.daz3d.com/fanta-sea-hair-for-genesis-8-females

This is exactly what I am looking for but unfortunately I cannot be a Daz + member. broken heart 

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,209

That price is actually quite low, yet if you still can't afford that, just wait for a sale to come along

• Daz will sometimes run "Daz+ for a Day" sales in which a large number of items- usually older things, but still of quite good quality- go on sale for $2.99 or $1.99.

No Daz+ membership is required for those sales.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,744
    Finding free hair is tough, maybe this one? https://www.daz3d.com/seafolk-kelphair-for-v4-a4-m4-and-h4
    There's a lot of free dresses, what style/vibe are you going for?
  • alamo4alamo4 Posts: 46

Cris Palomino said:

Please edit and put the topic of the thread in the title as well as the first post.

Tallulah, this was meant for you.  Cris is a moderator and he is asking you to make the topic of the thread be about the question you are actually asking, since the thread isn't about being tired/exhausted really, but a question about clothing and hair.

Incidentally, if you want to play with dForce simulations, you can get some really nice effects with the long hair sets by Linday.

Linday | Daz 3D

This bundle has been out for a while, and go on sale now and again (often there are hair specific sales for example), but it can give you some great effects with dForce if you like long flowing hair.

Primavera Hair with dForce Bundle | Daz 3D

• deepred6502deepred6502 Posts: 293
    edited April 2023

alamo4 said:

Cris Palomino said:

Tallulah, this was meant for you.  Cris is a moderator and he is asking you to make the topic of the thread be about the question you are actually asking, since the thread isn't about being tired/exhausted really, but a question about clothing and hair.

Incidentally, if you want to play with dForce simulations, you can get some really nice effects with the long hair sets by Linday.

Linday | Daz 3D

This bundle has been out for a while, and go on sale now and again (often there are hair specific sales for example), but it can give you some great effects with dForce if you like long flowing hair.

Primavera Hair with dForce Bundle | Daz 3D

Apologies for the thread necro, but does anyone know which characters were used in the Primavera Hair promos?

Post edited by deepred6502 on