Genesis 2 Female Genitalia - No Shapemorphs ?

13»

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2014

DarthD said:
    Daz should have let us know that the 'update' would remove existing functionality. If they don't want to sell the genitals with the morphs anymore that's fine, but it's screwed up that they took the morphs away that we already had. Maybe I wouldn't have ever used them, but then again, maybe I would have. When I see an update, I expect an improvement so I download it. I guess I need to find out exactly what so called 'updates' change from now on before installing them in the future. It would be nice if someone who hasn't updated their genitals yet would offer to share the previous version to people that didn't want their morphs removed.

I doubt you would have anyone take you up on that, because sharing a file is against the EULA, and most people are aware as to what happens when you don't abide by the EULA.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DarthDDarthD Posts: 259
    edited December 1969

Yeah I figured that, even sharing a file that you already purchased probably violates something. I read an article that says it can be illegal to download music even if you own the CD already.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550
    edited December 1969

DarthD said:
    Yeah I figured that, even sharing a file that you already purchased probably violates something. I read an article that says it can be illegal to download music even if you own the CD already.

..;and you don't understand that concept? Seriously?

edited February 2014

Where did I say I didn't understand anything? SERIOUSLY!

But since you brought it up then by all means explain why it is illegal to download something I already own. And there is no need for the attitude.

Post edited by DarthD on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550
    edited December 1969

DarthD said:

But since you brought it up then by all means explain why it is illegal to download something I already own. And there is no need for the attitude.

Sorry man, PM sent to better explain.

edited December 1969

No problem

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

DarthD said:

Sorry man, PM sent to better explain.

Why not explain it here?

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited February 2014

Jaderail said:

DAZ3D is a PG Rated site and will not sell those type items. This is a U.S.A. Business and abides by US laws in that respect.

Is there a law I don't know about? Do websites actually have an official MPAA style rating?

Edit: last page, oooo IP debate! IP debate! *popcorn*

Post edited by Testing6790 on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

DAZ3D is a PG Rated site and will not sell those type items. This is a U.S.A. Business and abides by US laws in that respect.

Is there a law I don't know about? Do websites actually have an official MPAA style rating?

I believe there's a loose rating system that works with some parental blocking programs, at least from a few years back. It's based on content, so your site could earn an adult rating. I know my old site that I had for kicks temporarily had the distinction because i had a few members posting nudes in my gallery. It cleared after a few months once i got rid of the offending members after I asked nicely and they decided to give me the "freedom of speech" comments on something I pay for... so I banned them. ;)

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

As is your right. Lots of people forget that.

• king.bidzinskiking.bidzinski Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

Do all genesis 2 genit work for any G2F?

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited April 2015

Jaderail said:

I believe there's a loose rating system that works with some parental blocking programs, at least from a few years back. It's based on content, so your site could earn an adult rating. I know my old site that I had for kicks temporarily had the distinction because i had a few members posting nudes in my gallery. It cleared after a few months once i got rid of the offending members after I asked nicely and they decided to give me the "freedom of speech" comments on something I pay for... so I banned them. ;)

It has less to do with PG rating, but a lot to do with credit card companies and such doing business with you or not, depending of you are considered an adult site, or not.... ASFAIK.

Here's a link to Paypal about the topic:
    https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Selling-on-your-website/Selling-adult-material-Paypal-policies/td-p/371422?profile.language=en-gb
    (ADMIN: Please remove link if this is against TOS. Thank you. :-))
    You'll find plenty of other articles about it if you google it.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited April 2015

lee_lhs said:
    Jaderail said:

It has less to do with PG rating, but a lot to do with credit card companies and such doing business with you or not, depending of you are considered an adult site, or not.... ASFAIK.

So exactly how is that rating to assigned to sites that don't sell anything? That paypal link? Unlikely. My site simply had a forum where people chatted and posted funny images, so paypal would not apply.

Like I said in my personal example with my site, I was getting blocked by the programs because of what others were posting and the block eventually went away after I locked down the offending content.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited December 1969

Sorry if that's how it came across. I was merely trying to point out that the reason for DAZ doing the removal of adultish stuff lies rather in practical financial business reasons, than in being prudish.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

All this response on a thread that is more than a year old and yet no replies to the question which necroed the thread in the first place

AFAIK there is only the one set of genitals, so yes they should work with any G2F Adult figure

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    All this response on a thread that is more than a year old and yet no replies to the question which necroed the thread in the first place

AFAIK there is only the one set of genitals, so yes they should work with any G2F Adult figure How do we get them? and I was trying to do my first render and when I went to render settings it shrunk my creation and saved it very small, does anybody know what I should do? or where I should post to ask?

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

AFAIK there is only the one set of genitals, so yes they should work with any G2F Adult figure

How do we get them? and I was trying to do my first render and when I went to render settings it shrunk my creation and saved it very small, does anybody know what I should do? or where I should post to ask?

The genitals are only sold as part of the pro bundles for the figures considered to be adults like Vicky, Mike, Steph, Lillith, etc.

edited December 1969

Vhardamis said:
    chohole said:

How do we get them? and I was trying to do my first render and when I went to render settings it shrunk my creation and saved it very small, does anybody know what I should do? or where I should post to ask?

The genitals are only sold as part of the pro bundles for the figures considered to be adults like Vicky, Mike, Steph, Lillith, etc.How would you use them for other characters then? some characters can be used with other characters I dont know what its called but like mixing them? I have seen others use them but I am struggling at the moment

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Vhardamis said:
    chohole said:

The genitals are only sold as part of the pro bundles for the figures considered to be adults like Vicky, Mike, Steph, Lillith, etc.How would you use them for other characters then? some characters can be used with other characters I dont know what its called but like mixing them? I have seen others use them but I am struggling at the moment

The female genetalia should work on any G2F figure that isn't considered to be a child. The male genetalia should likewise work on any adult G2M figure.

As far as your render size, you can change the number of pixels (xxxx wide x xxxx tall) in render settings . I can post a screen shot later when I'm near my computer.

edited April 2015

How would you use them for other characters then? some characters can be used with other characters I dont know what its called but like mixing them? I have seen others use them but I am struggling at the moment

One thing you should be aware of - the female gens sold in the DAZ Pro bundles are not "functional". They are a mere shape add on-thing, a bit as if you'd put a small hat there.
    If you need something with functionality, you're best of looking at places like Renderotica for the female gens.

(As for the pixels, have you had a look at these videos: http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-daz-3d-video-tutorials/
    They give you a good introduction into DAZ Studio.
    Also, please check here:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/chapters/rendering/start
    i.e. 8.5 and
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/rendering/videos/render_settings/start
    )

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

the EJ Rafaga character haz a lil crease morph, don't need the geograft for it.

the pro bundle female geograft is the most useless thing ever, like the emperor's new clothes :lol:
    no morphs, doesn't need it's own mats, no lamh