exported characters asking for things not in them

So I'm working on Dear Me, which is a Near Me for Sakura 8 (and fixed her eyes).

I exported the character for testing, and like with everything I export lately for people who try the stuff their DAZ is asking for characters and morphs that have nothing to do with the package. 

How can I keep that from happening? I mean without building a whole new computer. My searches have proved fruitless as usual on the matter.

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,570

Not sure I fully understand what you are up-to - obviously you cannot share/distribute items that are not part of your own creations with others - they need to buy any dependant products themselves.

However, what you might potentially have are morphs that have a non-zero default value and thus would count as non-related items? If you load the base figure (without your custom work/changes/modifications) and check the "Currently Used" under Parameters, perhaps also showing hidden values, are those things that are being asked for in there?

• I'm not up to anything nefarious. I'm not even talking like Gollum at the moment. It's just if I, say, create a character for Genesis and load her to ShareCG, the end user almost always will get "this is missing or that is missing". My character isn't meant to need this or that in recent cases. So it is with Dear Me: she's pretty extensive. My tester said she was looking for a host of stuff that has nothing to with Sakura 8 at all much less. Such as the Blaze morph. Kind of annoying really. I'd like to finish this character up.

I'm slowly loading Genesis 8 now to check the default values.

• Sigh. Nope, nothing. Going through each part's parameters now to see if something crept in.

Hmmm. Well, I do have Blaze HD and so pretty sure that product does not add any non-zero morphs. However, that doesn't mean that another product that depends on Blaze doesn't have a non-zero value set.

If there is nothing in the G8F which does not belong then you should atleast be able to see any rogue morphs in the "Currently Used" of your custom character when viewing her. Hopefully you can dial them out - or if they are locked-in then something else must be specifying the values and setting them to non-zero.

• Well I don't see any rogue morphs at all. I did find one reference to a morph in the parameters tab, but that doesn't go with all of the rest. It's even asking for the Storybook morphs, which it doesn't use at all either.

Well, if the morphs are not part of the currently used but are in the exported file then I think this goes beyond my understanding. Hopefully someone smarter pops into the thread to help you out.

• I appreciate your attempt. You did help me find that one error, and you inspired me to figure out there was a bump map in the eye colors I didn't want there. So that's a start.

• The error log my tester gave me say, "Formula output property not found:" on some stuff.  I hope someone can tell me what that means? It's in reference to the character Sakura Faux, which I had made to fix Sakura's eyes.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,756

In the *.duf file for your character must be reference line for this other character.
    Make a backup copy of the *.duf file, where DS can't find it.
    Open your original file with a text editor and use the search function in order to find that characters name.
    If you find that line, delete it. Make sure he bracets before and after that line allign.
    Then save and see, what happens. 
    If it goes wrong, replace the file with your backup.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835

Any DSF files you make where you use ERC Freeze will have a Formula created for every bone parameter and every active morph asset.

Character preset, subset and scene DUF files will have a "morph call" added to them for every active morph slider.

As there is so much "poorly" done content out there, it becomes all too easy for it to "infect" anything you might want to make.

The DSF files you will have to go through and delete the Formula for any unwanted morphs, similar thing for the DUF files except you are looking for the "morph call" in those.

• Okay but what if Sakura Faux is part of the main character in question? As I said, she fixes Sakura's eyes so that you can use the default Genesis eyes without any hitches. (Yes, I'm aware there was a fix put out by someone in the beginning. That fix was amazing, however when Sakura looked down her eyes would break. So I compounded on the genius.)

That's something else: I know we can just let DAZ pick what happens in ERC freeze without thinking (which I've discovered is B-A-D sometimes), but is it considered a bad idea to go through and pick only the parts you want in that particular dial? Say, you've done something that changes the hands. In the ERC freeze dialogue, what if you unchecked everything and then went through and only checked the parts that applied to what you'd changed? Would that be considered poor creation? I ask because it doesn't make sense to me to have formula numbers for the feet, legs, etc. when they have nothing to do with the morph.

I've been using property hierarchy to route out these things. Is that not enough? I'm gonna open me some duf and dsf files now if I can, so just wondering whtat's the difference. I'd like this character to be well-made as opposed to poorly. :-)

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,756

The ERC dialog shows only the options that can be chosen. Out of those options, you should only select those, that are required for your controler.
    That is NOT poor creation, this is how it suppose to be, or else you might run into a lot multiple formulas errors.
    I hope I understood you correctly.

• Bejaymac said:

Any DSF files you make where you use ERC Freeze will have a Formula created for every bone parameter and every active morph asset.

unless they were deselected in the ERC Freeze dialogue.

Character preset, subset and scene DUF files will have a "morph call" added to them for every active morph slider.

As there is so much "poorly" done content out there, it becomes all too easy for it to "infect" anything you might want to make.

The DSF files you will have to go through and delete the Formula for any unwanted morphs, similar thing for the DUF files except you are looking for the "morph call" in those.

• Riversofts morph loading scripts might let you load your base character with nothing but what is active?

• I could try scripts, but would that help me route out the issues or just make it so the issues don't happen?

Either way I'm glad to know not wanting to ERC every little thing in the dialogue isn't a bad thing. I'd only just started nitpickingng the dialogue a couple of weeks ago and have been questioning my decision.

All of this information has me going back to the start on my ShareCG characters, although it's as I bring them into Genesis 9. I have no idea if I've fixed the problem on Dear Me (the original morph/character in question) because none are coming up for me, and I haven't heard from the testers yet.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835

Just downloaded you Sakura Faux from ShareCG.

What a mess, even I'm going to have a hard time fixing this, badly done content I can deal with, missing files I can't as I don't have the ability to magic them out of thin air.

Sakura Faux.DUF, has three full morphs stored inside it, no ****in' idea how you managed to do that, but DS wont even see them in there never mind load them. I'm guessing "Fauxeyesdown-0x9fba18d" is your morph, but the Pyra head and body morphs belong to Shinteo5.
    There are four "morph calls" and all four give missing file warnings, PHMEyelashesLengthUpper.dsf, PHMEyelashesLengthLower.dsf and PHMEyelashesCurl.dsf are all DAZ  files that come with the G8F starter essentials, but the fact they are listed as being in "Morphs/Spearcarrier/Product" sets off alarm bells. The fourth is "Neck Thin" no idea where it comes from but it's pathway is the same as the other three.
    One missing texture = "/Runtime/Textures/spearcarrier/animeeyes/Genesis3/blue2.jpg", and one missing UV = "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/UV%20Sets/Cayman/Legacy%20UVs%20for%20Genesis%208/Victoria%204.dsf#Victoria%204".

Fauxeyesdown.dsf and Fauxeyesup.dsf, neither work right, they have a Formula connecting them to "eCTRLEyesUpDown.dsf", but the pathway is yet again "Morphs/Spearcarrier/Product".
    Now any time I find DAZ assets listed with the wrong pathway, usually means screwed up Morphs folder, at some point you have tried to save a morph asset, and instead of "drilling down" through the list to just find and select your morph, you just selected everything, which means you now have duplicate copies of every morph that was installed.

Sakura Faux.DSF, couple of Formula linking to XTransfer created assets, and a whole bunch of Formula (yet again) looking for assets in "Morphs/Spearcarrier/Product".

Might want to remove this from ShareCG, and then spend some time cleaning up the mess you have made of G8F's Morphs folder.

• Oh my! ... you downloaded a version that's not the current version. I worked on it yesterday and then didn't have time to re-upload.  I haven't been able to go through the.duf and other files either yet.

Shinteo's work is cool, but I don't collect it like I used to.

• Although when I tried to open the .duf files yesterday I only got computer language. Need to get a copy of notepad++.

• M'kay, so what I'm seeing here is that all of the thing sthat INSIST on being there despite my efforts are things brought over using Xtransfer.

So.... Xtransfer is bad and I'mma stop using it.

Pyra will just have to be removed. I've noticed with Shinteo's items in my library, I keep having to remove them. This might because of the problems with Xtransfer, so I'm not pointing fingers anywhere.

So the best thing I can think to do is create a "clean" library on another external drive to switch to that won't have the extras. Will that work? I don't know because I've removed these things numerous times and they simply will not remove.