Momo for G8F

ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 530

Hello,

Has anyone else had any issues with installing [Momo for G8F] this item? I tried using every way except manual. Nothing allows me to use the product. I'm only given the frame and clicking the box gives me the 'file not found' error. If nobody's had issues, I'll submit to Tech support.

Thanks!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• In the Content Library pane, under Daz Studio Formats>Content directory you isntalled to, do you have People:Genesis 8 Female:Characters:ElianeCK:Momo?

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 530

Richard Haseltine said:

In the Content Library pane, under Daz Studio Formats>Content directory you isntalled to, do you have People:Genesis 8 Female:Characters:ElianeCK:Momo?

I see everything up to 'ElianeKC' .. that is missing so Momo is too.

Should I try a manual install or report this? I've tried installing using DIM, Daz Studio Smart Content, and Daz Central. I've uninstalled each time. As I said, I just haven't tried the manual install, I'm a little afraid of that since I'm not sure how to do it. I was a whiz with Poser, just not with DAZ.

• Download the zip and check its folder structure - Content is a stand-in for whatever the content directory would be, then it should have the same folderss tarting with People as in my previous post.

You've always been so helpful Richard. Thank you. I'll take a look at it. If I have to install manually, could you point me to a tutorial that is easy to understand? I trust your opinion.

Richard Haseltine said:

Download the zip and check its folder structure - Content is a stand-in for whatever the content directory would be, then it should have the same folderss tarting with People as in my previous post.

Okay, I checked both the manual install zip and the one downloaded when using DIM. Both zip files have the file structure you mentioned. I'm not sure what's up with this one. Other files I've loaded have done so without any issues. I'm at a loss.

• If you right-click on the product in the Installed tab of DIM and select Show Installed Files you will get an HTML file with clickable links to where the files (claim to) have gone. You can do the same in DS by right-click on the product container and using the browse to .. location command, if you have a Connect install active.

Thank you for your time, Richard. I need to put this away for today. Although it seems straightforward, I'm confusing myself, I think. Something isn't right between the DIM, the installed product and where DAZ Studio is looking for it. I just can't put my finger on it. I, admittedly, exist within a mental fog of late. So it is probably just me missing something very obvious.

I am at a complete loss. The install paths seem right according to what Richard indicated but my Momo won't find the product. Other products are fine and work perfect. I think I'm going to seek tech support. I'm not sure what else to look at. Could there be an error in the path of the icon I click in the smart content pane (like the one I'd click to load the figure)? I'm not sure how to check that.

• If you did a Connect install (through Daz Studio) did you remove it before trying other methods?

Richard Haseltine said:

If you did a Connect install (through Daz Studio) did you remove it before trying other methods?

I did, yes. I used the DIM uninstall and then ensured no files were left behind. I did the same verification for the Smart Content install method and the DAZ Central method.

I have submitted a ticket. I won't be able to speak about the resolution in detail but I'll post when I'm able to use the product. Thank you so much to everyone.

• ArtsyDragon said:

Richard Haseltine said:

If you did a Connect install (through Daz Studio) did you remove it before trying other methods?

I did, yes. I used the DIM uninstall and then ensured no files were left behind. I did the same verification for the Smart Content install method and the DAZ Central method.

That won't have touched any files installed through Daz Studio itself, and even if it did it wouldn't remove the references to those files from the database so DS would keep trying to load them and ignore a DIM installation. If you want to get rid of a product installed through DS it needs to be uninstalled through DS too.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563

ArtsyDragon said:

Hello,

Has anyone else had any issues with installing [Momo for G8F] this item? I tried using every way except manual. Nothing allows me to use the product. I'm only given the frame and clicking the box gives me the 'file not found' error. If nobody's had issues, I'll submit to Tech support.

Thanks!

here is the readme http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/64551/start

look at it and see where the files are located. Then inside DS, use the content library (not smart content) and see if you have those files in the locations in the readme. If not, then it's an inatll error