DAZ Tokens

SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
edited March 2023 in The Commons

https://www.daz3d.com/daz-tokens

Before the usual crowd comes in to complain about this for some reason, I just wanted to say that this sounds like a nice new little feature and thanks for offering it. It's not convoluted like many DAZ sales, and it will benefit those who buy a lot.

Post edited by SnowSultan on

Comments

• Seems interesting to me. I just wish they didn't expire so fast. I really don't make enough orders to get much use out of it. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268

Already being discussed in the Sales Discussion Thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8064436/#Comment_8064436

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

Sounds ok for the big spenders. To bad it is capped at 40% off.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495

Charlie Judge said:

Already being discussed in the Sales Discussion Thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8064436/#Comment_8064436

Ah, I didn't notice. And of course, people are already complaining. This place, I swear.  ;)   Richard, you can delete this thread if you want since it's already being discussed there.

FSMCDesigns said:

Sounds ok for the big spenders. To bad it is capped at 40% off.

And, although  understandable, too bad it can't be used for gift cards

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,415

Not a complaint, but I don't spend enough to take advantage of this offer. So, for me, it's about as useful as a f*rt in a spacesuit.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495

N-RArts said:

Not a complaint, but I don't spend enough to take advantage of this offer. So, for me, it's about as useful as a f*rt in a spacesuit.

Same here, but it's still a nice little feature for those who do. Tired of people complaining (not you) about every single thing DAZ ever does. They need to occasionally think about the half-assed alternatives they'd be using if DAZ wasn't around. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514

...are they collectables like NYC, CTA, and Rose City Transit tokens?

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982

The tokens remind me a bit of Amazon points... with the HUGE difference that the points are valid for several years, while the DAZ Tokens you earn in a week are gone by the end of every Sunday of that week. So if you just have one purchase per week over 10$, the best you can get is 5% off. This "Token" stuff is more along earlier sales, when you "buy a new release to keep your extra x% discount on new releases for the next two days".

But as sales gadgets go, this is one of their better ones... 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

SnowSultan said:

N-RArts said:

Same here, but it's still a nice little feature for those who do. Tired of people complaining (not you) about every single thing DAZ ever does. They need to occasionally think about the half-assed alternatives they'd be using if DAZ wasn't around. 

There's no need to complain---until they don't work as advertised, like Daz-usual. 

• This is, at least, an improvement over the ill-fated "Buy now and earn an extra 10%, 20%, or 30% on a future purchase" that got rolled out a while back.

• These tokens seem INCREDIBLE to me. 

A great reward for people who spend often; those that don't, there's still ways you can get the benefit of it here and there- 

keep in mind that you can use the tokens AND a coupon at the same time- if you want to get a tokens discount and the items in your cart add up to something in the 10-20-30 etc realm, BEFORE you buy it, buy a gift card. No, you don't get to use the tokens ON the gift card, but the card will earn you tokens. Then when you put the stuff in your cart, you can apply the tokens discount, and use the gift card credit. 

Bonus: after that purchase you'll get more tokens ;) 
    Don't forget that right now paypal purchase are going to earn you 10% back and if you haven't used the paypal discount code now's an EXCELLENT time. 

I haven't been able to afford much in shopping lately but these are really too hard to pass up!!!

Huge thank you Daz for this!! 

DisparateDreamer said:

These tokens seem INCREDIBLE to me. 

A great reward for people who spend often; those that don't, there's still ways you can get the benefit of it here and there- 

keep in mind that you can use the tokens AND a coupon at the same time- if you want to get a tokens discount and the items in your cart add up to something in the 10-20-30 etc realm, BEFORE you buy it, buy a gift card. No, you don't get to use the tokens ON the gift card, but the card will earn you tokens. Then when you put the stuff in your cart, you can apply the tokens discount, and use the gift card credit. 

Don't forget that right now paypal purchase are going to earn you 10% back and if you haven't used the paypal discount code now's an EXCELLENT time. 

I haven't been able to afford much in shopping lately but these are really too hard to pass up!!!

The Pay It Forward offer for 10% back for using PayPal has probably ended.

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 885

If this works as advertised, I really can't see any reason for complaints, other than making me overspend again, just as I managed to slow down thanks to G9.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,294

Charlie Judge said:

DisparateDreamer said:

Yeah, but there is 5-10% discount on gift cards now. 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

I put a gift card into the cart and the token amount showed up and how much I would save on my next cart. I am still dithering on how much to invest on the gift card. But I have some items from today's sale I would like to buy after I make that purchase. Like the hair that reminds me of the one for Aiko3 (?) days.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited March 2023
    I like that it applies to most any of the products you are buying and not dependent on buying specific new products.
    Post edited by Timbales on

Timbales said:

I like that it applies to any of the products you are buying and not dependent on buying specific new products.

With the exeption of the ones that have "Offer does not stack with other discounts" 

• Token are a nice touch. Encourages us to spend money and lets us get great discounts on anything we want in return. Feels like a win-win?

• I mean, the issue I can see is that all future offers will be made keeping in mind that somebody will use tokens to improve said offer, so, for those of us without tokens, the offered discounts will likely be quite worse than they would have been without this new addition to the cart jenga ruleset.

But I've been trying to quit my compulsive spending for a while, so this is just an observation rather than a complaint.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

kyoto kid said:

...are they collectables like NYC, CTA, and Rose City Transit tokens?

It looks like old coal mining script. I think I have a NYC metro token or two laying around somewhere. I don't think they use those anymore but am not sure. I also have old coal mining script from when my dad, some of my uncles, and grandfathers worked in the mines. They are dangerous. I worked with a lady when I was a busboy whose huband always seems to be getting himself eletrocuted in the coal mines. I never heard of anyone getting electrocuted so much. A lot of people try to collect coal mine script from every coal mining company they can find (script is coal mining company money paid to coal miners instead of real legal tender to force coal miners to spend their earnings at company owned stores with ridiculous markups for huge company profit margins).

• Charlie Judge said:

DisparateDreamer said:

These tokens seem INCREDIBLE to me. 

well, i got the coupon on the 13th- it said credit would go out the 14th, so i assumed (wrongly I guess) that all orders up until then would be part of the buy through paypal/credit back- particularly why i bought that then, but it didn't count. Bummer. 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,743

I guess I'm here to represent the usual-crowd-of-complainers community laugh

Obviously I like a discount, but to me this is just another contraption to further complicate the already complicated sales structures that this store has going on.

Another thing that either 1) I can consider, further convoluting my already byzantine sales calculations, or 2) I can ignore, making me low-key feel like I might be missing out.

I'll most likely go with option 2)

Anyway, my point is, I appreciate a discount, but I'd rather have more and/or deeper discounts rather than yet another complication.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,006

I like the idea: get rewarded for buying, no matter whether it's a new release or items from 10 years ago, and apply discount to what you actually want to buy.

The only thing that I don't like is a short expiration date. Unless you're a big spender (I'm not), it's going to get difficult to be motivated to put that extra item in the chart to clear the threshold for the next token if I know I'll have to spend that discount within a few days. If they would last for a month instead (or at least two weeks?), I feel like it would encourage mid-level and low spenders without harming the high-spenders or inviting abuse (since you can only spend a maximum of 8 tokens in a transaction).

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,404

To me, it means "only buy grab bag items with no buy-in." Those are not compatible with other discounts and the structure is as simple as can be. The discount pleases me or it doesn't, and that's that. No cart gymnastics, no nonsense.

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 603

Interesting idea but like other peole I regret the short validity of the tokens. I also regret that you can only apply a maximum 10% reduction to newer items. A good incentive though.

Unseen said:

I also regret that you can only apply a maximum 10% reduction to newer items.

???

My new items get the 40% off like all the other items 

Without.JPG
    588 x 284 - 26K
    With.JPG
    578 x 294 - 26K
  • UnseenUnseen Posts: 603
    edited March 2023

PerttiA said:

Unseen said:

I also regret that you can only apply a maximum 10% reduction to newer items.

???

My new items get the 40% off like all the other items 

Thank you PerttiA, it was my mistake because I had not seen that it's possible to increase or decrease the discount with the + and -. Thanks you for pointing at the moon since I was examining the finger :)

Tokens.png
    620 x 212 - 48K
    Post edited by Unseen on
  • lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,010

It stacks with coupons so YAY!

• No bad idea in general. But the later in the week the less attractive. Wonder if it is not feasible to have an token life span of 7 days from the day of purchase.