"Daz 3D Items Used" in Gallery not working anymore?

I don't always add this to everything I put in my Daz gallery, but I noticed that starting sometime in the last few days, I can add things to the "Daz 3D Items Used" list, but they don't save; if I look at that item after saving, no items are shown. I've tried multiple times with one gallery image, and I've tried at the time the image was first posted and afterward, with no success either way. Items that were added successfully to gallery posts a week or two ago or before can still be seen. Is anyone else seeing that? Also accompanying this behavior change, it repeats the item I just added in the next line, which I have to type over or remove.

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,592

I had noticed the repeated items which seemed odd but didn't notice that the linked items didn't save. It seems that you are right tho, something is definitely broken as I always add them and my last two are missing the links :(

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,060

This is so annoying. I just entered over a dozen of them and none showing. I want to give credit to the PAs whos product I'm using.

• Is that because of the Daz deals add on? I thought that was how it showed the credited pieces, but maybe not.

GhostofMacbeth said:

Is that because of the Daz deals add on? I thought that was how it showed the credited pieces, but maybe not.

That's only to pull the gallery images into the product pages.

It's a standard gallery feature to show products used underneath the comment section on a gallery's image page. However, someone seems to have broken the ability to save that information recently :(

• Thanks for the confirmation. I wasn't sure if it was a new issue affecting everyone or just me/my browser or something.

When it's fixed, I'll go back and update at least some of my gallery items. I really do find it a valuable feature.

• I'm having the same problem.  Glad I'm not the only one, but sure wish it could get fixed!

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,109

I noticed the same problem.

• sueyasueya Posts: 826

I noticed the same problem and raised a ticket for it a couple of days ago

• azoohouseazoohouse Posts: 660

Me too!

This still isn't working. Has anyone received any information about when it will be fixed?

Has there not been any feedback from support to your ticket?

SofaCitizen said:

Has there not been any feedback from support to your ticket?

No there hasn't

That sucks :( Keep us updated on if you get any update. If it's not fixed bythe time I next upload an image I will raise a ticket also.

For what it's worth I have now also submitted a ticket since it's still broken now.  Obviously, not going to get any response for the next few days and probably not even after that if they did not respond to the other ticket either.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,109

Strange nothing is done about it. After all, this is free advertising.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,049
    edited March 2023

Horo said:

Yes, this. I often buy something that I might have have been wavering about when I look at what other users have done with it. 

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Horo said:

Yes, this. I often buy something that I might have have been wavering about when I look at what other users have done with it. 

Absolutely, I was going to post the same thing. Some gallery images really show items off in a completely different way to the promo images that turn me from a maybe to a definite purchase.

I imagine it's not broken on purpose but hopefully they will spare a little resource to resolve the issue sooner rather than later.

• RodgerRodger Posts: 523

What category do you post a ticket under, or which department do you send it to?

I can't remember exactly now but I believe it was "Technical Support" in the first drop-down and then in the second there was a section for "Website Issues"

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,049
    edited March 2023

I went ahead and created a ticket also. When the problem is resolved, I'm going to go back through my recent images, if not my whole gallery, and get them all updated. Hopefully others will also. The more I can't see stuff - especially new stuff - in action, used by others, the more I miss that feature!

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • RodgerRodger Posts: 523
    edited March 2023

Has anyone noticed that about the same time as posted "Products Used" wouldn't show in the gallery; newly purchased products aren't hidden, and show as unpurchased in the sales' threads? Are these quirks related, or is there a separate thread for the later?

Post edited by Rodger on

Rodger said:

Has anyone noticed that about the same time as posted "Products Used" wouldn't show in the gallery; newly purchased products aren't hidden, and show as unpurchased in the sales' threads? Are these quirks related, or is there a separate thread for the later?

I can't say that I have experienced this myself. I have bought a few things in the "March Madness" sales and from what I can tell they have never shown me items that I have bought already.

On the surface they do not appear to be related. However, depending on how and why the gallery function has broken, if the bug which is causing data in related tables to not be saved anymore is in a shared library it could affect other areas in the same way. It may be worth opening a new thread for this if you have some concrete examples to see if it is happening to anyone else. If it is then submitting a separate ticket for that issue would be handy.

I think someone said that the site is built on Magento which is not something I have used before and so could not say if there is any common library code between the two areas.

Has anyone received details of when this gallery problem is going to be fixed?

• I haven't heard back on my ticket. I keep trying occasionally when I post a new gallery image just in case it's fixed and I didn't hear about it but no luck yet.

sueya said:

Has anyone received details of when this gallery problem is going to be fixed?

I'm not sure they would ever respond with an actual date, even if they did acknowledge it. However, no response on my ticket either for the record.

• Hello, all. I heard back from Daz support on my ticket today. They were looking for additional info, which I sent. Hopefully, there's a fix out there soon...

• DARUDARU Posts: 33

I have also submitted a ticket for this issue.
    Support replied that other similar tickets have been submitted and they are working on a fix for this issue.

I am pleased to report that this has now been fixed

• DARUDARU Posts: 33

Glad to hear the problem has been resolved.

• Yep, fixed. I got an email from support shortly after you must have and I've confirmed I can now add an item used. Yay!