Finding What I Want

I have used DS for years but I never really get to use it enough to because very proficient with it.

I must have millions of different type of content from thousands of vendors. But when I am creating I have a hard time finding what I want.

The search function in DS only seems helpful if I know the exact name of what I am looking for. And, not all vendors catagorize their products the same. Some put architecture items into the environments or props catagory. Others put landscapes into environments etc.

I purchase a tool at the other place that is supposed to help with this but it never seemed to work and the vendor ( who has products here as well) never replied to my request for help.

Does anybody have a solution to easily finding or perhaps sorting my content in such a way that I can find what I am looking for?

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603

Not really. Regardless of if you use the Content Library or Smart Content you will run into stuff being categorised wrong or stored in odd places. Ideally, products and assets would have much more metadata to help people find things.

• What are you looking for right now?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,768

Same question~ and what tool did you purchase?

• RichardMRichardM Posts: 42

DarkElf said:

I have used DS for years but I never really get to use it enough to because very proficient with it.

I must have millions of different type of content from thousands of vendors. But when I am creating I have a hard time finding what I want.

The search function in DS only seems helpful if I know the exact name of what I am looking for. And, not all vendors catagorize their products the same. Some put architecture items into the environments or props catagory. Others put landscapes into environments etc.

I purchase a tool at the other place that is supposed to help with this but it never seemed to work and the vendor ( who has products here as well) never replied to my request for help.

Does anybody have a solution to easily finding or perhaps sorting my content in such a way that I can find what I am looking for?

it might be a lot of work for you to do NOW, with thousandns of iems, but each item i install, i crate my own category from it:

3SWnN1TGqH.png
    539 x 308 - 56K
    eyfbcge8FG.png
    354 x 429 - 16K