Problem with "RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis 2 Male to Genesis 8 Male"

Hi, 

I just bought this converter right here : https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-hair-converter-from-genesis-2-male-to-genesis-8-male to convert the Basic hair https://www.daz3d.com/basic-hair. I'm following the steps, but unlike the characters converter that worked just fine for me, this one converter for hair doesn't work.

It loads nothing and at the very end of the log it says: "Basic Hair (Follower) is not a hair item of Follower/Hair" 

Can someone help me? frown

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,637
    edited March 2023

Did you install Basic Hair product by using DIM?  If you manually dump the product files to your library, the script will not work as the hair must have a Type - Follower/Hair...  The 'Type' is defined in the product metadata which is imported by DIM.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Justin_AmesJustin_Ames Posts: 132

I did install Basic Hair using DIM when I first bought it. Though it was made for Genesis Male 2 and now I'm trying to convert it for Genesis Male 8. I can totally use the hair on Genesis Male 2 right now but it somehow doesn't work when I try to convert it to a Genesis Male 8 product using the converter. sad I'm new to Daz so maybe there's something I'm missing, I don't know... 

edited March 2023

1. Right click on the product icon - Edit Metadata.
    2. Check the Hair Type
    3. Execute the script, add the Basic Hair from the folder where it locates. See if it has the correct Type. If it's correct, click Force Convert Item to convert it~

SNAG-2023-3-3-0001.png
    502 x 739 - 85K
    SNAG-2023-3-3-0002.png
    1323 x 898 - 72K
    SNAG-2023-3-3-0000.png
    979 x 837 - 80K
    Post edited by crosswind on

Thank you so much!! It's finally working now! :) 

Is there a reason why the hair are so different from the picture of the product though? Look what my character looks like with them on compared to the picture of what it should looks like.. They even shows as if it was possible to add movement like blow in the hair but it's not in my options at all when I look for it.. My character only have a bigass hair crack and weird looking hair impossible to move.. 

Capture d’écran (25).png
    857 x 737 - 524K
    Capture d’écran (26).png
    898 x 752 - 686K
    Capture d’écran (27).png
    500 x 646 - 520K
    Capture d’écran (28).png
    498 x 646 - 499K

This script creates a single dial of 'Converter Morph' for the hair, however, for some hairs like this one the morph has some distortion that could be seen in your screenshots~
    As per my experience, using Auto-Fit might be better than using these 'Converter Scripts' in some cases. You may give it a try and compare the results...

Well actually, the reason I bought this converter in the first place was precisely because the Auto-Fit wasn't making me able to add blows to the hair like on the product pictures... I though Auto-Fit was the problem... How comes can't I add blows then?.. frown

Justin_Ames said:

Well actually, the reason I bought this converter in the first place was precisely because the Auto-Fit wasn't making me able to add blows to the hair like on the product pictures... I though Auto-Fit was the problem... How comes can't I add blows then?.. frown

This is the 'auto-fit' one~ If you wanna make it 'blow', just dial the related morphs will be fine lah ~

SNAG-2023-3-3-0003.png
    2002 x 1393 - 890K

OMG thank you SO MUCH!! heart