What's causing this?

invisigothinvisigoth Posts: 155
edited February 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion

i just did a reinstall, of daz studio, and my content library

and now i am getting this

Post edited by invisigoth on

Comments

• Switch the view mode. You can do this ctrl + 9 (that's for texture shaded mode) or use the pulldown with the globe symbol and the arrow (next to cameras in the upper right of the viewport) to change the differen view modes. Here's a pic.

Also you can light your scene by pressing ctrol + L k so when in texture mode all is lit up.

Screenshot_20230226_013209.png
    304 x 348 - 26K
  • invisigothinvisigoth Posts: 155
    edited February 2023

ctrl+9 gives me this... for both  genesis 1 and genesis 2

StrapMacGow said:

Switch the view mode. You can do this ctrl + 9 (that's for texture shaded mode) or use the pulldown with the globe symbol and the arrow (next to cameras in the upper right of the viewport) to change the differen view modes. Here's a pic.

Also you can light your scene by pressing ctrol + L k so when in texture mode all is lit up.

Screenshot 2023-02-26 124416.png
    672 x 731 - 44K
    Post edited by invisigoth on
  • That also happens when there's missing files not installed.

• i saw the dialog, but it said they were found... i checked, and they were there

Screenshot 2023-02-26 135203.png
    488 x 303 - 9K
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,646

What does your log fil say (Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File)?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,420

DS shows blocks when it can't find the geometry where it is looking for it. Doesn't matter if the files can be found on the computer or not.

In this case, I would be looking for nested Content Directories.

Take a screenshot of your Content Directories in Content Directory Manager with all the directories expanded (sample attached)

ContDirMan.jpg
    384 x 240 - 11K
  • Also, how do you install content? When you say you checked how did you do so - in a content pane or in the file system using a standard browser (Exporer on Windows, Finder on Mac)?

edited February 2023

with windows file browser

i just deleted my entire content folder, and will reinstall  and check as i go along

Richard Haseltine said:

Also, how do you install content? When you say you checked how did you do so - in a content pane or in the file system using a standard browser (Exporer on Windows, Finder on Mac)?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • That probably means that the installation folder did not match the settings in Daz Studio. You didn't say how you are installing - if that is manually then you need to make sure you are not placing the Content folder from the zip in the content directory.

• could it be this?

i just installed Genesis 1 starter, and i am still getting that problem

Screenshot 2023-02-26 151201.png
    506 x 132 - 11K
  • That would stop Smart Content, Presets tabs, and the categories and products lists in the Content Library pane from working - it wouldn't stop content from loading from Daz Studio formats/Poser formats, to stop File>Open or Filer>Merge.

edited February 2023

i am installing manually, i had trouble with DIM installing in my poser folder

i know not to add content folders into the content folder

Richard Haseltine said:

That probably means that the installation folder did not match the settings in Daz Studio. You didn't say how you are installing - if that is manually then you need to make sure you are not placing the Content folder from the zip in the content directory.

edited February 2023

invisigoth said:

i am installing manually, i had trouble with DIM installing in my poser folder

i know not to add content folders into the content folder

this fresh install, i did use DIM and still got the message

Richard Haseltine said:

That probably means that the installation folder did not match the settings in Daz Studio. You didn't say how you are installing - if that is manually then you need to make sure you are not placing the Content folder from the zip in the content directory.

• Where is the content and what are your content directories?

• i have my content folder on a seperate drive, in the default hierarchy, nothing changed

• ok, i fiddled around, and got it working ...... even the postgresql error

then just a minute ago, i opened Genesis 1, and it wasnt the figure, it had morphs applied

so how do i reset it?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited February 2023

That sounds like a content issue - something saved with a non-zero value. Load the base Genesis, not Male or Female, and then Edit?Figure>Zero>Zero Figure Shape, Edit>Figure>Memorise>Memorise Figure Shape, File>Save As>Support Assets>Save Modified Assets. If you make a note of the dialogue box it should list the problem files, though there will also (as I recall) be things that were meant to be non-zero - in which case it would be ebst to either uninstall the problem content, reporting it to the vendor/store, or try to fix the issue (for example, save a new character preset and use that to load the figure).

Richard Haseltine said:

That sounds like a content issue - something saved with a non-zero value. Load the base Genesis, not Male or Female, and then Edit?Figure>Zero>Zero Figure Shape, Edit>Figure>Memorise>Memorise Figure Shape, File>Save As>Support Assets>Save Modified Assets. If you make a note of the dialogue box it should list the problem files, though there will also (as I recall) be things that were meant to be non-zero - in which case it would be ebst to either uninstall the problem content, reporting it to the vendor/store, or try to fix the issue (for example, save a new character preset and use that to load the figure).

thanks for your help, it was Mr Hyde by Smay, 

• invisigoth said:

Richard Haseltine said:

thanks for your help, it was Mr Hyde by Smay, 

and there is no update available in Install Manager/Daz Central/Daz Studio (depending on how you installed)? I am surprised on such an old product.