Scenes turning my Renders and animations all black

Has anyone else had this issue with DAZ and knows how to fix it. Every time I put in a sky enviroment and attempt to render, everything goes black as if something is blocking the camera. 

Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks! 

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Looks like you are adding a Skydome which is for 3Dlight and blocks the light when used in Iray. If you want to use the image from the Skydome then select it and go to the surface tab, click on the image map to see what it is called, open the Environment tab and click on Environment Map and choose the image. This places the sky in the Environment Dome for Iray and you can then delete the Skydome in the Scene Tab and Iray will now show the sky when rendered.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,158

I'm guessing you're using an HDRI as your light source, in which case the sky object blocks all the light. 

• EVO UniverseEVO Universe Posts: 4
    edited February 2023

Fishtales said:

Looks like you are adding a Skydome which is for 3Dlight and blocks the light when used in Iray. If you want to use the image from the Skydome then select it and go to the surface tab, click on the image map to see what it is called, open the Environment tab and click on Environment Map and choose the image. This places the sky in the Environment Dome for Iray and you can then delete the Skydome in the Scene Tab and Iray will now show the sky when rendered.

Thanks for the tip, it did help. However my issue is creating animations, especially flight animations. To do that I need to rotate the environment. Any tips on how I can do that? 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

The Iray Environment Dome can be rotated just the same as a Skydome so I'm not sure what you mean.