Going back to an earlier version

Everything worked fine with DS 15.1. my render times were great and I could do almost everything with the gpu. I just read a thread in the Commons that suggests that when I upgraded to version 21, there is some issue with the new iray that means certain video cards have to use extra memory to mimic something. I am thinking this would explain why I am so frequently having to save, close, and reopen my scenes to get them to render in gpu rather than cpu.

Is it possible to go back to an earlier version? I suppose I lose all saved scenes that were completed AFTER that version. ANd I can't use clouds and things that are volumetric. I suppose there is no way to run both versions?

Comments

• Did you save copies of the isntallers, for the application and the included/Daz original plug-ins? If not then I'm afraid not.

• ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 438

I think I saved the original installer for 4.15. I am not sure what you mean about the plugins

• Choppski said:

I think I saved the original installer for 4.15. I am not sure what you mean about the plugins

Measure Metrics, Alembic Exporter, Decimator, Dynamic Clothing Control if you have them, GoZ, Photoshop Bridge.

• ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 438

I don't have any of those.

Is it possible to run two versions, or would I have to totally go back?

• You can install only one version from each release channel (General Release and Public Build)