Can you simulate only one thing during a simulation?

If I have more than one dforce item in a scene, but I ONLY want to simualte one of them when I run simulation, how would I do that?

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Yes.  In the parameters, under General>Simulation, select "Freeze Simulation" for items you do not want to simulate, or else hide them in the Scene panel.

• There's also "Simulate Selected" in the menu on the Simulation Settings tab, though it can interact strangely (and inconsistently) with Start Bones from Memorized Pose.

• ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 438

THank you!!

ANd I suppose this works if like you've already simulated something but want to simulate something new and NOT simulate what you already simualted?

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

I usually make everything other dForce enabled item invisible by clicking CTRL-Left Mouse on the little eye icon next to the root of the object (G8F, for example).

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,727
    edited February 2023

Choppski said:

ANd I suppose this works if like you've already simulated something but want to simulate something new and NOT simulate what you already simualted?

As per the standard sim. function, it's simple. Just hold CTRL, select the figure and the garment you want to simulate, then click ' Simulate Selected'. 

Besides, there's a plugin - dForce Companion, which is much easer and quicker to simulate / clear the item(s) as you want... really helpful.

Post edited by crosswind on

Wow. thank you so much everyone!

• Choppski said:

Simulate Selected will not affect the simulation on any item that is not selected. It will also not collide with anything that is not selected.