G8enesis 8.1 male's Model Action Flaws

793043235793043235 Posts: 22
edited February 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion

When I was loading actions for genesis 8.1 male, I found that the legs of the model looked like this, and there were no strange deformations loaded. What's going on?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• That looks as if there is a corrective morph kicking in when it shouldn't - apply yhe minimum pose (e.g. a knee bend) needed to show the issue, then in the Parameters pane option menu (the lined button in the top corner or right-click the tab) enable Preferences>Show Hidden Properties. Click the Currently Used group and go through zeroing the greyed out properties (hidden corrective morphs of the kind we are likely hunting) by alt/opt clicking on the slider and then undoing until you find which one makes the issue go away. Once you have a suspect click the gear icon on the slider and select Parameter Settings - that should tell you what it is from, check for updates and if you have the current version report it to the artist  or to Daz (for items sold here).

• 793043235793043235 Posts: 22
    edited February 2023

I followed your steps to open everything and didn't load any morphs, just the base model, don't know what's going on

1.png
    1444 x 896 - 967K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited February 2023

You need to do that with the figure selected, not the shin. This is what I have, with no shapes applied or bend fixers turned on so it shouild be just the base joint correction morphs (the three in the middle with almost unreadable labels).

Shin bend currently used.jpg
    1102 x 565 - 107K
  • 793043235793043235 Posts: 22
    edited February 2023

Thanks, it did show some weird options, I turned it off and it was back to normal, thanks a lot, so professional!