About thinning of the hair at the edges. have picture

Hey everyone what's up? :)

As you see in the back of the character hair the hair looks always perfect and even in the front ! The hairs work well BUT sometimes in some engles or some background I put the hair start to be hiden , Like missing some hair at the bottom.

The hair sometimes have this problem with some backgrounds they hairs most of the time works amazing but really wanted to ask if have any idea how to fix it? I asked dew month ago but and someone told me to change smoething in the hair to make it more dark but its destroy the hair a little bit.

Thanks!

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,634
    edited February 2023

It's pretty common especially with a high-contrast or a light-colored background. Normally it results from the texture map (transparent map) in Cutout Opacity of related hair surfaces. The optimal way might be retouching the transparent map, or just simply give a higher value to Cutout Opacity to get some improvement...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

It's pretty common especially with a high-contrast or a light-colored background. Normally it results from the texture map (transparent map) in Cutout Opacity of related hair surfaces. The optimal way might be retouching the transparent map, or just simply give a higher value to Cutout Opacity to get some improvement...

I see , first of all thanks for the comment you help me a lot , and you say its nothing to do about it so much? only change the engle or some of the lights in the background?

Yes its happend sometimes but when it does it looks strange a little bit so wanted to see if can fix it :) 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,634
    edited February 2023

You certainly can improve it, as I said, a simple way is to change the value of Cutout Opacity.. as attached. See if you're satisfied with it~

SNAG-2023-2-14-0074.png
    2063 x 1395 - 657K
    SNAG-2023-2-14-0075.png
    2068 x 1397 - 587K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

You certainly can improve it, as I said, a simple way is to change the value of Cutout Opacity.. as attached. See if you're satisfied with it~

Thank you very much!!!! :)