Hello can someone please help me with something

I would like to create a dental treatment animation is there anyway i can extract the tooth from the model I want to either do a root canal or extraction animation ! If someone can help me ty so much have a wonderful day 

Comments

• I believe you can alpha out a tooth or morph it small. You could model a tooth with root to take the place of that tooth and then use that for the extraction.

• lasagnamanlasagnaman Posts: 1,001

Oh awesome how do you do that how do you alpha the tooth 

• On the texture for the teeth. Use an alpha mask. White is visible. Black is not visible. Greys create transparencies.

These might help:

https://www.versluis.com/2020/09/iray-opacity/

https://youtu.be/3WshL-ksvAM

hi oh you mean use photoshop?

• felisfelis Posts: 3,656

Any image editing program.

Oh you mean Like a png file 

• felisfelis Posts: 3,656
    edited February 2023

You need to know where the tooth is you want to remove. For that I would use the UV template.

Take that into an image editing program (Photoshop, Gimp, Paint Shop,...) and create a new layer and paint black where the tooth is. The rest shall be white.

Save the black-and-white image as a jpg or png and put it into the cut-out oppacity channel for the tooth.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,235

surely you can just use geometry editor in daz to select the tooth polys then hide them rather than make a whole alpha mask, then apply it

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,471

lilweep said:

surely you can just use geometry editor in daz to select the tooth polys then hide them rather than make a whole alpha mask, then apply it

Hiding works only for that session, the next time one opens the scene, one must hide it again.

Instead one can use the Geometry Editor to assign the tooth to a new material, which can be hidden with Cutout Opacity and that works also when opening the scene next time.